Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »

That is perfect for a white elephant gift!

With a package of Oreos! I'm totally doing that!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    They took away my Cakesters. I will never forgive. :'( Although, the PB ones may lessen the hurt in my soul.

Those were not even close to right! They were the most wrong thing ever done to a cookie!!

In MY most humble opinion, that is.

YMMV! Haahah
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    👎
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    No way. Chips Ahoy, Lorna Doone shortbread, and Milano are all far superior imo.

Chips Ahoy are the only cookies I wouldn't even waste calories on! Now, Pepperidge Farm... oh yeah.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

WAT

tumblr_nrivp8dECh1u5g4cmo1_250.gif

💀💀

Hilarious
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    Oreos mmmm nothing like original, YES 🙌🏻
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    I’m a thin mint lover too. Thanks Girl Scouts for bringing awareness and thank you little elf men, for selling grasshoppers cheaper 🥛😋
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Here's how you hide them from the kids...

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

34s0ssgiu4eo.gif
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Chili pepper and wasabi Oreos in China.
    I'm bringing some home for my family.
    aobn5acmidqc.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yikes^^
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    A one pound pack of original Oreos put in the food processor with an 8oz box of cream cheese, then roll that into balls and dip in melted white chocolate. I've always called this oreo balls but have heard them called Oreo BonBons. Possibly the best dessert concoction ever. It also works good with the vanilla Oreos.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »
    A one pound pack of original Oreos put in the food processor with an 8oz box of cream cheese, then roll that into balls and dip in melted white chocolate. I've always called this oreo balls but have heard them called Oreo BonBons. Possibly the best dessert concoction ever. It also works good with the vanilla Oreos.

:flushed: This could be the best and worst info I've ever received. It might also be what I'm bringing to Christmas!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    At kimny72. I brought those to a Christmas party last week. Made a double batch. There were no leftovers to take home. My little boy was sad...
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Oh my -they sound amazing. Do they need to be refrigerated? (I feel like this is a dumb question but I legit might make these and need to know LOL)
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

I’m walking myself through these steps, in my mind. 🤤 ooo that sounds so good.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »

Oh my -they sound amazing. Do they need to be refrigerated? (I feel like this is a dumb question but I legit might make these and need to know LOL)

In between rolling them into balls and dipping them in the melted chocolate, I put them in the refrigerator for 45min-1hour so they are less likely to get squished and fall apart in the process of dipping them in the melted white chocolate. Once dipped I put them on pans lined with parchment paper and put them back in the fridge for a while to help the chocolate harden faster.
    For them to be sitting out for a short time like at the Christmas party, I did not keep them iced, but I'd probably refrigerate any leftovers that survived the party and made it back home.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    DW1Texas wrote: »
    Here's how you hide them from the kids...

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

34s0ssgiu4eo.gif

That's a genius idea. Reminds me of the lady on the Confessions thread that posted she hides her snacks in a tampon box :D.

• AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »

In between rolling them into balls and dipping them in the melted chocolate, I put them in the refrigerator for 45min-1hour so they are less likely to get squished and fall apart in the process of dipping them in the melted white chocolate. Once dipped I put them on pans lined with parchment paper and put them back in the fridge for a while to help the chocolate harden faster.
    For them to be sitting out for a short time like at the Christmas party, I did not keep them iced, but I'd probably refrigerate any leftovers that survived the party and made it back home.

Thank you for this! I'm planning to make them for Christmas Eve :smiley: