Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    There's something like that called Pockey I've seen sold around here. They're a little too "light" for my tastes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Haha. Awesome. I have no idea what Mikados people are talking about then! I don't do fruit and chocolate though.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Haha. Awesome. I have no idea what Mikados people are talking about then! I don't do fruit and chocolate though.
    Either way, there's chocolate, so I am happy.

I agree....to me, there is something strange with a fruit and chocolate combo, but the jam/jelly in wagon wheels is very tolerable to me.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I just tried mint Oreos today. I am no longer blind, my husband left his secretary and came back home, and I've been cured of the 'itis.

It's a miracle!!
    I like em Thin. I wary of trying regular mint.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I just tried mint Oreos today. I am no longer blind, my husband left his secretary and came back home, and I've been cured of the 'itis.

It's a miracle!!
    I like em Thin. I wary of trying regular mint.

If you like mint chocolate chip ice cream or thin mints, then you would like these.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight then none, at least for me, same with any biscuits etc, once you open the pack and eat one, you or at least me, end up eating the whole packet
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

It's a miracle!!

Imagine if you had tried the mint ice cream sandwiches. You'd be pregnant too!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    wytey wrote: »
    If you are trying to lose weight then none, at least for me, same with any biscuits etc, once you open the pack and eat one, you or at least me, end up eating the whole packet
    I've been losing eating six at a time to be honest.

I don't eat them everyday, I rotate between some other sweets

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

It's a miracle!!

Say wot ?

homerdrool.gif
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

It's a miracle!!

Say wot ?

homerdrool.gif

:laugh: I had expected the second sentence to get the attention. Yes Mint oreo ice cream sandwiches. They are amazing!

3923503_oreo_mint_sndwch_4x125ml_e_3d_0.png
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I just had blueberry pie Oreos. Everything is different now.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    I just had blueberry pie Oreos. Everything is different now.
    I want these so badly :'(

• teatumbles
    teatumbles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Red velvet cheesecake Oreos are heaven
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    jasmang wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

i just wish oreo brand made a gluten free oreo. all the GF knockoffs are horrible.

@jasmang How about Jo-Jo's Gluten Free from Trader Joe's ? Actually I love Jo Jo's, they are crunchy and have a vanilla bean flavor. But...... I do so love Oreo Thin Mints & originals.. yum!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oreos depress me. Eating them makes me sad for all the people who never get to taste real chocolate. And don't get me started on the "creme" filling, made entirely from whatdafugizzat. Horrible.

Pure 70-75% cacao dark chocolate, unsalted nuts, and perhaps some dried or fresh berries nails it every time.

And I will add that the best chocolate is Trader Joe's 72% Cacao imported from Belgium, available in .5kg bars. One square a day will change your life.

I will agree... one square of dark hits the spot and seems enough for me as well.

But back to Oreo's..... B)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    oreo_fruitycrisp_19415ed686a722272af4586be4544956.today-inline-large.jpg