Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Ruatine wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the recipe, I found it here: http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2016/03/oreo-cheesecake-doughnuts.html. I ran them through the recipe builder, and they look to be ~700-800 calories per donut (assuming only about half of the 30 oz of oil absorbs into them). That definitely would be an indulgence for me. :)

800 calories??? holy canoli. Yeah, that's not happening.

But now I kinda wanna go to Dunkin Donuts for an Oreo donut + iced coffee.

Thanks, guys. :D

~Lyssa

Now you got me thinking about Canolis. So for you Northeasterners, is Mikes or Modern's Bakery the home of the best Canoli in Boston? A friend of mind introduced me to option C around the Corner from Mikes when I was there last June but I don't recall what it was called
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested in the recipe, I found it here: http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2016/03/oreo-cheesecake-doughnuts.html. I ran them through the recipe builder, and they look to be ~700-800 calories per donut (assuming only about half of the 30 oz of oil absorbs into them). That definitely would be an indulgence for me. :)

~Lyssa

Now you got me thinking about Canolis. So for you Northeasterners, is Mikes or Modern's Bakery the home of the best Canoli in Boston? A friend of mind introduced me to option C around the Corner from Mikes when I was there last June but I don't recall what it was called

I was there last Summer and got a delicious hazelnut one in some little bakery in the North End... Bova's bakery I think?
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

~Lyssa

I was there last Summer and got a delicious hazelnut one in some little bakery in the North End... Bova's bakery I think?

BOVA'S that's totally option C I was thinking about! Good call
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    wPvlVgO.jpg
    Good times today.

Also, I guess the cupcake filled Oreos weren't do so hot at Target. I saw what was left of them in the clearance bin.
  • neiltillbrook
    neiltillbrook Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Big fan of the regular Oreo. Original and the greatest, much like most things in life. Bought those lunch packs that have two cookies in, have them as part of my lunch when I'm at work. A tasty treat to get me through to the end of the day.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    IMG_4307.jpg?zoom=4&resize=315%2C315

Gotta bump an Oreo thread with some real Oreos.
  • Ch33ky83
    Ch33ky83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Where'd you find those?!

• DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am going with girl scout cookies thin mints
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This thread has made me incredibly hungry!
    *makes way to gym*
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Ch33ky83 wrote: »

Where'd you find those?!
    http://junkbanter.com/2016/05/14/news-fruity-crisp-oreos-coming-oops-crapped-pants/

They're not out in stores yet.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I am going with girl scout cookies thin mints

Spoken like a sith.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    And I drop two oreos in my roomates chocolate protein smoothie, when he leaves the blender on and goes outside to get the paper !

Random acts of kindness
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    ok- at the risk of being flamed: how does this discussion help everyone attain their fitness goals exactly???

It's easier to lose when I am happy. Going camping next week, we dip roasted marshmallows in baileys or kahlua, then stuff that inside an oreo. 280ish calories for 2 of those fit perfectly inside my calorie goal. That next-level joy will keep me going for weeks.

It's the little things, really.

Everything is different now.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Used to love em and always had some around the house ... but they don't taste the same anymore so I stopped buying them. Miss the old taste and texture.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Used to love em and always had some around the house ... but they don't taste the same anymore so I stopped buying them. Miss the old taste and texture.

Maybe you've changed. The oreos know it, and they don't want you to be upset, but it's you, not them.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Just a small bump, Wal Mart and Nabisco are doing a "contest" for the 2017 exclusive flavor on their web site.

The three choices are jelly donut, caramel apple, and cookies and cream. Jelly donut is a new flavor, I've never tried caramel, and the cookies and cream flavor is pretty good. It was a Kroger exclusive around the time brownie batter was released.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just a small bump, Wal Mart and Nabisco are doing a "contest" for the 2017 exclusive flavor on their web site.

The three choices are jelly donut, caramel apple, and cookies and cream. Jelly donut is a new flavor, I've never tried caramel, and the cookies and cream flavor is pretty good. It was a Kroger exclusive around the time brownie batter was released.

Got to ask - what's the cookies and cream flavor anyway? Is it like an Oreo-flavored Oreo? Seriously confuses the hell out of me.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's an Oreo with some of the cookies crushed in. It's a weird idea, but I do like them a lot, definitely more than I ended up liking brownie batter.

I'd rather have the jelly donut Oreos though.