Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have time to kill, I come back to this thread. It's amazing, and makes me sad there are no Oreo's in my house right now.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hurricane preparation kit - water, flashlights, booze, and oreos.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Hurricane preparation kit - water, flashlights, booze, and oreos.

Damn. I knew I was forgetting something. :D
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421, A digestive is a biscuit we have in the UK, chocolate ones have thin layer of chocolate on top. They are called digestives as when first invented were thought to aid digestion.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hobnobs > Oreo's!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    canarysal wrote: »
    Carlos_421, A digestive is a biscuit we have in the UK, chocolate ones have thin layer of chocolate on top. They are called digestives as when first invented were thought to aid digestion.

Sounds more like you had to convince people to eat them if you ask me...lol

The way you describe them, I'm picturing something like this:
    41ozI3Hso0L.jpg
    which are quite good...but certainly not nearly as good as Oreos...
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I've been a huge Oreo fan all my life, but recently somebody suggested I try the Back To Nature copy, and I was blown away. Not quite as sweet, with a richer chocolate flavor. Converted. I'll blow my entire daily carb allowance and eat nothing but chicken breast for the rest of the day to binge on these once in a while.

classic-creme.jpg
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love an Oreo, but I'll take a Nutter Butter over an Oreo any time.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    jdlobb wrote: »
    I've been a huge Oreo fan all my life, but recently somebody suggested I try the Back To Nature copy, and I was blown away. Not quite as sweet, with a richer chocolate flavor. Converted. I'll blow my entire daily carb allowance and eat nothing but chicken breast for the rest of the day to binge on these once in a while.

classic-creme.jpg

giphy.gif

I'm less than a fan of their stupid anti-science anti-GMO advertising malarkey, but unfortunately it comes with the territory these days.

The cookies are dope though, especially if you prefer OG oreos over double-stuffs, which I agree with you on.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Anyone else try the pbj Oreos yet? So good!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Anyone else try the pbj Oreos yet? So good!

I saw them and didn't pull the trigger. But all I need to persuade me to buy another package of Oreos is one person's endorsement, so PBJ Oreos just went on the shopping list!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @kimny72 - they are absolutely delicious. I'm considering buying a bunch and stockpiling them away before they go out.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I traded with someone online for the pbj with Blueberry pie. Well worth it. One pack is staying in the freezer. Just picked up apple Pie and they are legit. Taste just like apple pie.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I found the PB&J oreos last night and I was SO excited, but I was disappointed. I LOVE the peanut butter oreos, but these don't taste like peanut butter at all. They're mostly just tangy, from the "J" flavor, I guess.

Here's the one good thing - this may be the first bag of oreos that the kids don't eat. I at least have them ALL to myself!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    They're the BEST. There's a local bagel place near my job that has a cream cheese flavor of the week and next week's flavor is Oreo cream cheese. I'm TOO excited.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ok, so reading another post about graham crackers and having no idea what they were, seems very similar to the uk digestive biscuit ....... this coated in plain chocolate = delicious.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Found the apple pie Oreos in Canada at Superstore and Walmart. I thought they were good but my husband hated them, and he loves apple pie.