Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

rry0yc4xvdyl.jpg

I was inspired by the cheesecake thread that cropped up to look for Oreo cheesecake recipes, and I found these Oreo cheesecake inspired donuts.

Want!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

rry0yc4xvdyl.jpg

I was inspired by the cheesecake thread that cropped up to look for Oreo cheesecake recipes, and I found these Oreo cheesecake inspired donuts.

Want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if you *did* start this awesome thread. Back of the line, buddy!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ok- at the risk of being flamed: how does this discussion help everyone attain their fitness goals exactly???

Some of us realize that we can have our deficit and Oreos too. ;)

ETA: Or maintenance/bulk as the case may be, 'cause ya know not everyone on here is here to lose.

I see. If you're looking to gain fat, Oreos are definitely a good choice. Thanks for clarifying.

You have a lot of pseudo-science to unlearn, @NewMEEE2016. If you eat less calories than you burn in a day, you will lose weight. Everything else is irrelevant.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

rry0yc4xvdyl.jpg

Not helping my donut craving.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested in the recipe, I found it here: http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2016/03/oreo-cheesecake-doughnuts.html. I ran them through the recipe builder, and they look to be ~700-800 calories per donut (assuming only about half of the 30 oz of oil absorbs into them). That definitely would be an indulgence for me. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested in the recipe, I found it here: http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2016/03/oreo-cheesecake-doughnuts.html. I ran them through the recipe builder, and they look to be ~700-800 calories per donut (assuming only about half of the 30 oz of oil absorbs into them). That definitely would be an indulgence for me. :)

Ouch LOL.

Although using biscuits as a base for donuts has always sounded weird to me. From scratch must be way better.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Way too rich caloriewise for my blood. *sniffle*
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Good thing the cheesecake part made me wary!

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ok- at the risk of being flamed: how does this discussion help everyone attain their fitness goals exactly???
    *sigh*
    Losing weigh isn't about the type of food one eats. We can eat our nutritious foods and cookies, too. CICO.

ETA: Or maintenance/bulk as the case may be, 'cause ya know not everyone on here is here to lose.

I see. If you're looking to gain fat, Oreos are definitely a good choice. Thanks for clarifying.
    Oreos don't cause weight gain. LMFAO. An excess of calories does. Going by your logic, how have I lost over 80lbs with oreos in my diet? Magic?
    glassyo wrote: »

Fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do.

Empty calories, artificial ingredients- knock yourselves out! :) I was just visiting your planet from a parallel universe. I'm going home now. Enjoy!
    You seem cranky. Have an oreo.

This is awesome. I am not sure why someone would flag this. Flagging is for offensive posts, not posts that you don't agree with..lol
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

Fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do.

Empty calories, artificial ingredients- knock yourselves out! :) I was just visiting your planet from a parallel universe. I'm going home now. Enjoy!

160 calories per serving which are not empty but which contain carbohydrates, fat and iron, all of which can be used by the body for all kinds of healthy stuff.

Artificial ingredients? I count one (vanillin is an artificial flavor) waaaayyy down on the list.
    Ingredients
    SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR, PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

And how do Oreos support weight loss? By serving as a delicious 160 calorie snack which triggers all kinds of happiness receptors to relieve stress and support adherence to the overall diet.

And plus it's fun to eat them in front of jealous, judgy haters.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

800 calories??? holy canoli. Yeah, that's not happening.

But now I kinda wanna go to Dunkin Donuts for an Oreo donut + iced coffee.

Thanks, guys. :D

~Lyssa
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Anyone up for an Oreo waffle Sunday?
    oreo-waffle-sundae-national-oreo-day.jpg?crop=top&fit=clip&h=500&w=698
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Oreo smearing.
    @Carlos_421 Yes! And I want those waffles!
    0m4d5m1j1qw9.jpeg
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I bought this today
    IDShot_540x540.jpg

I probably won't be able to fit it in today, will report back tomorrow...it might be breakfast o:)
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Found some s'moreos. Mm.
  • Ch33ky83
    Ch33ky83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Picked up some strawberry shortcake, s'mores, and mint thins. It might be an Oreo night!
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can confirm that the oreo ice cream sticks are delicious!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ch33ky83 wrote: »
    Picked up some strawberry shortcake, s'mores, and mint thins. It might be an Oreo night!
    I really need to go to Wal Mart for those dang cookies...