Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hi! I just wanted to put it on the record that I LOVE oreos. I simply questioned why he had purchased 3 family size packs for the 2 of us. It was an innocent misunderstanding. :)

I have to say, you look much less confused than the picture we were provided with. Nice to meet you!

I dunno...I'm still hung up on the mint oreo thing...

They both seem somewhat confused about this to me.

I have actually never tried the mint Oreo, mostly because I only like some mint and chocolate candies. So I never took a chance with the mint Oreo since I know I love the original.

Don't let your hubby's poor taste influence you....;)

I highly recommend them crumbled on top of ice cream (mint chocolate chip ice cream, if you're really feeling saucy)

Don't listen to these heathens, rajeana. Trust your instincts; mint Oreos are an abomination.

Suit yourself Mr. Hydrox-are-better-than-Oreos. I mean come on man...

trth.gif

Truth??? You want the Truth???

I hate Peeps. There...I said it.
    Oh-no-you-didnt-GIF.gif
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hi! I just wanted to put it on the record that I LOVE oreos. I simply questioned why he had purchased 3 family size packs for the 2 of us. It was an innocent misunderstanding. :)

I have to say, you look much less confused than the picture we were provided with. Nice to meet you!

I dunno...I'm still hung up on the mint oreo thing...

They both seem somewhat confused about this to me.

I have actually never tried the mint Oreo, mostly because I only like some mint and chocolate candies. So I never took a chance with the mint Oreo since I know I love the original.

Don't let your hubby's poor taste influence you....;)

I highly recommend them crumbled on top of ice cream (mint chocolate chip ice cream, if you're really feeling saucy)

Don't listen to these heathens, rajeana. Trust your instincts; mint Oreos are an abomination.

Suit yourself Mr. Hydrox-are-better-than-Oreos. I mean come on man...

trth.gif

Truth??? You want the Truth???

I hate Peeps. There...I said it.

Joaquin-Phoenix_OMG.gif
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Why aren't Oreo Peeps a thing?!?!?!?!

Because that would be a waste of perfectly good Oreos.

Why not just make Oreo kale for crying out loud if you're going down that road...

Unless they fully replaced the marshmallow with Oreo cream and used cookie crumbs instead of sugar crystals!!
    At that point it's a huge chick shaped mega stuf Oreo!!
    Take that, reese's egg!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options

Why not just make Oreo kale for crying out loud if you're going down that road...

That might actually make kale palatable.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Unless they fully replaced the marshmallow with Oreo cream and used cookie crumbs instead of sugar crystals!!

Oh, gawd. The cookie to cream ratio in such a horrifying creation would be way off!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

This, I could get behind.

Though I would eat in combination with Reese's eggs, never instead of.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

That might actually make kale palatable.

There's no such process in the universe.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    And I would like to apologize to @tincanonastring. I was hurt emotionally and felt the need to lash out and hurt him in return. Although I do not care for peeps, "hate" is a strong word, and I should not have used it in this circumstance. I hope that I can be forgiven, to restore order and peace to the MFP galaxy.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    And I would like to apologize to @tincanonastring. I was hurt emotionally and felt the need to lash out and hurt him in return. Although I do not care for peeps, "hate" is a strong word, and I should not have used it in this circumstance. I hope that I can be forgiven, to restore order and peace to the MFP galaxy.

Apology accepted. Let's all be friends!

teletubbies.gif
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Oh, gawd. The cookie to cream ratio in such a horrifying creation would be way off!

Probably (I am an original Oreo quasi-purist, after all) but then again, it may take it to such a degree that it actually gets good again.
    Originals have the best ratio but I have to say if they made jars of just the cream, I'd eat it.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Oh absolutely. Oreos may be the best packaged cookie of all time but Reese's eggs are the best easter candy of all time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You guys are killing me. I'm trying not to laugh too loud and get busted out at work. :D
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Oh absolutely. Oreos may be the best packaged cookie of all time but Reese's eggs are the best easter candy of all time.

QFT - Once again, it's all about the ratio and the chocolate to PB in an egg is perfect.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Let's celebrate this touching moment...with Oreos.

Oreos_PGS_1655-lgthumb.gif
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Let's also take a moment to appreciate Oreo art.

I give you Caesar Augustus.

Cameo_3_mod_grey_bg_capt0009.jpg.1200x1200_q85.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    Options

So close to perfection.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

QFT - Once again, it's all about the ratio and the chocolate to PB in an egg is perfect.

Word
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get so much hate but I LOVE OREOS...without the cream. The filling is just too sweet and the texture is so grainy.

But that cookie part though...they need to sell that by themselves <3

i <3 you!
    i scrape off the cream and throw it away.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

So close to perfection.

Yeah, looks like they could have left that in a little longer.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I'm gonna get so much hate but I LOVE OREOS...without the cream. The filling is just too sweet and the texture is so grainy.

But that cookie part though...they need to sell that by themselves <3

i <3 you!
    i scrape off the cream and throw it away.

In my taste testing of any new flavors, sometimes I won't like the cream and just eat the wafer or won't like the wafer and just eat the cream.