Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How much weight should I lose? -photos-

13»

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    You should try to worry more about your body fat (fat loss) and not weight loss. Too many clients of mine think of the number on the scale...then I show them a picture of someone who's the same "weight" and height as them and they look completely different.
    Think of it, 5lbs of fat is about the size of a football. 5 lbs of muscle is about the size of your fist. Weigh the same, look different. Build some more muscle and you'll be great. More Muscle=faster metabolism

Any questions, feel free to message me. -John-

Why do I get the feeling you're advertising your wares.

Hmmm... I'm not sure but I kinda get the same feeling...

I guess I just don't see how his underwear shot was informative to her question...

My response was more informative than most on here other than the picture apparently lol. Just because there's a pic of me in my undies, doesn't mean I'm promoting sex, nudity..whatever you're thinking of. Yes it is a pic of me, but that doesn't mean I should be ashamed of my body and progress with my physique. If I offended you with my pic, I apologize. As a physique competitor, posing in undies, shorts,etc is natural and lot of people do so. Might as well show the work put in so cry me a river and get over it :)

Sorry to the original poster for the trolls on this page. Ridonkulous!

Most people give advise without posting a pic of themselves.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    You should try to worry more about your body fat (fat loss) and not weight loss. Too many clients of mine think of the number on the scale...then I show them a picture of someone who's the same "weight" and height as them and they look completely different.
    Think of it, 5lbs of fat is about the size of a football. 5 lbs of muscle is about the size of your fist. Weigh the same, look different. Build some more muscle and you'll be great. More Muscle=faster metabolism

I guess I just don't see how his underwear shot was informative to her question...

My response was more informative than most on here other than the picture apparently lol. Just because there's a pic of me in my undies, doesn't mean I'm promoting sex, nudity..whatever you're thinking of. Yes it is a pic of me, but that doesn't mean I should be ashamed of my body and progress with my physique. If I offended you with my pic, I apologize. As a physique competitor, posing in undies, shorts,etc is natural and lot of people do so. Might as well show the work put in so cry me a river and get over it :)

Most people give advise without posting a pic of themselves.

What a crazy idea...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Mike jones

Quoting the person you are answering makes it a whole lot easier to understand who you are referring/responding too.

But if it was me, I'm totally serious.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

I'm not offended by underwear. I'm offended by people selling their services on this website. Coincidentally, it is also against the TOS.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2016

I think you're selling your training.
    I'm not offended by underwear. There are daily posts of people in underwear. Usually those photos are relevant. Yours, was not, as I stated.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    trjjoy wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with looking/being soft. You are a woman. Most men prefer soft women.

Agreed 100%. Muscles on a woman are just disgusting.

I hope you forgot your sarcasm font ...

DopeItUp is a very sensible poster.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with looking/being soft. You are a woman. Most men prefer soft women.

Agreed 100%. Muscles on a woman are just disgusting.

I hope you forgot your sarcasm font ...

DopeItUp is a very sensible poster.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW

You're yelling. Why are you yelling?
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Agree you aren't overweight but yes you do look a little "soft" - sorry!
    Exercise not weight loss will sort that out.

my boyfriend likes 'soft' ;)

lifting heavy will give you the results you are looking for. keep in mind you will need to eat MORE not less in order to obtain the results you want

She's doing this for her preference, not a mans (:.
  • MyFitnessPain
    MyFitnessPain Posts: 11 Member
    Hi again!

To the people who said the photo on the right looks bigger than me, I know it was a before and aftr photo and I cba to edit the picture to just the after shot!

And yes, I really don't care if men want me to lift or not, in fact my boyfriend would probably prefer it if I got fat :)

And thanks for all the advice, I'm upping my protein, keeping my calories to about 1800 and lifting 3xweek to start and see how I get on !
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Good luck!
    Weigh yourself every day and keep an average if you can. Then you know if your calories are right. Then you are in a good position to do a proper bulk and cut cycle.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    OP: you don't need to lose weight. Lift weights.
    I agree.