Valentine's Day chocolate if she's overweight?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I would ask. "Hey, are you eating chocolate these days or not?"

Last year on my birthday I took the day off work. I heard my husband ask my daughter if she wanted a donut. A few minutes later, keys in hand, he said "I'm going to Dunkin' Donuts. I'll be back in a few minutes." Hooray, birthday donut! Right? Nope. He came back with donuts for him and her, that's it. He assumed I wouldn't want one because of the calories. I assumed he would know that I wouldn't care about calories on my birthday. We were both wrong.

this is the adult solution.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like the jewelry suggestion. Real gold, no fakes!
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If my husband stopped buying chocolate, I'd be offended because that's telling me that he doesn't think that I have the willpower to moderate my chocolate intake, which I do. edit: that said, i told him i didn't want chocolate, but tickets for us to go see Deadpool.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i appriciate anything my husband does, am not picky, will take whatever it is and be thankful. If its chocolate then il make it work just like i make cupcakes, cheesecakes, and donuts.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Give me the chocolate!!

giphy.gif
  • charlotteah06
    charlotteah06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I passed on the chocolate and flowers and asked for a Pandora charm instead. I prefer something i can keep
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I expect chocolates . not the small box either. I want the large box with a large variety. I also expect that the chocolate is only for me and nobody else will eat any until I have eaten all the best ones out of the box first.
  • BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just ask her?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I expect chocolates . not the small box either. I want the large box with a large variety. I also expect that the chocolate is only for me and nobody else will eat any until I have eaten all the best ones out of the box first.

hahah you can have the orange creams when im done with the good stuff
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Last year I got Lego. The year before, Nerf guns.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't mind my husband asking me whether or not I wanted chocolate for Valentines Day. We typically don't get each other anything because I find it to be a pointless non-holiday and the chocolate in those heart-shaped boxes aren't even worthy of being fit into my macros, let alone going over my macros. There's only like two or three in there that I even like. One year he randomly got me a little bag of Hershey kisses with almonds, which I was obsessed with at the time. That's more like it.

But usually I'd rather get nothing, or something that's not edible. If I want chocolate, I'll go out and get chocolate that I actually like. Oh, and jewelry? Nope - luckily for my husband, I couldn't care less about jewelry or diamonds.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ask her! Honestly, I don't mind chocolate while I'm cutting weight, I'll just have a couple every day and fit it in.

However, if she's really struggling and/or finds it hard to not eat a lot at once, or binge, it might not be as such a good idea.

Ask her! It won't ruin the surprise, she won't be mad. Just say something like "Hey, would you be ok with chocolate related stuff at the moment, or would you prefer other stuff?" Don't make it out as if you're suggesting she should refrain from chocolate, or be on a diet, just ask. Then everyone is happy.

ETA: If you really must make it a 100% surprise with no hints or asking, a small bag of gift chocolates, alongside another main present not food related will I'm sure work wonders.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I guess perhaps a small box of chocolates will work. I just don't want to be the person to prompt her to go on a chocolate binge eating frenzy.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Diamonds. Rubies are nice, too. Emeralds work. Pretty much anything 14k gold is appropriate, too, unless she's an only-silver kinda girl. ;)
    Seriously, though, a romantic walk (not sure where you are, but waterfronts are always nice), footrubs by candlelight, etc.
    In our house, Valentines day often turns into 'practical purchase' presents. One year, I got a vacuum cleaner (dang, I love that Hoover). Year before last, a new washing machine. I made him a heart-shaped pizza one year, and I think we went to see a romantic movie... no, wait, Jason Statham playing a hitman isn't romantic, is it? I get so confused...
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Um... ask?
    "Do you want chocolate this valentines, or should i get you something else."
    Its not like us girls don't know valentines day is coming.... I can show you 7 years of facebook posts that prove i know how to count down from 14. :p
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Another vote for ask.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Another vote for ask.

I *hate* being asked what I want. I'm not particularly hard to shop for. Plus I love surprises.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Last year I got Lego. The year before, Nerf guns.

Haha my kind of present.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Go with the flowers...the worst move would be chocolate Slim Fast bars.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Last year I got the GF a Groupon for a massage. She works hard and I felt like she needed to pamper herself.