Which lifting program is the best for you?

Options

Replies

• benchismybff
    benchismybff Posts: 310 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My other post didn't show up, but there was a typo. Sorry.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    giusa wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    @giusa

I'm not psuLemon, but there are some bodyweight programs, as well as a machine-based program and some dumbbell-based programs on page 1. Either Lyle McDonald's program or the Muscle and Strength dumbbell routine would probably be good for you and your goal. I'd probably go with the M&S one.

Actually I was looking at that one...(the link to #2 was broken...)
    It's just so disheartening after reaching PRs using 5/3/1!!!
    Thanks.

Which link was broken? I just tried the second M&S program and it seems like it's working. I know the first M&S program is pretty good. Alternatively, you can also take most programs and make them dumbbell based.

Both #1 and #2 appear to be the same thing.

Also, the Poliquin (German body comp) link seems to be down. I haven't gone through all of them.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    giusa wrote: »
    @giusa

I'm not psuLemon, but there are some bodyweight programs, as well as a machine-based program and some dumbbell-based programs on page 1. Either Lyle McDonald's program or the Muscle and Strength dumbbell routine would probably be good for you and your goal. I'd probably go with the M&S one.

Actually I was looking at that one...(the link to #2 was broken...)
    It's just so disheartening after reaching PRs using 5/3/1!!!
    Thanks.

Which link was broken? I just tried the second M&S program and it seems like it's working. I know the first M&S program is pretty good. Alternatively, you can also take most programs and make them dumbbell based.

Both #1 and #2 appear to be the same thing.

Also, the Poliquin (German body comp) link seems to be down. I haven't gone through all of them.

Thanks. Ill check them out..
  • toddandwendy3
    toddandwendy3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like strong lifts 5x5....but ...whoah....thanks for the comprehensive list of options.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I like strong lifts 5x5....but ...whoah....thanks for the comprehensive list of options.

No problem. Lets face it, SL can only take you so far.

List updated and corrected.
  • Janzq13
    Janzq13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd add GZCLP to the list. It's a beginner program made by Cody Lefever alias GZCL.
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have been checking out the listed programs.

Is there anyone that has had success with the beginner weight training program... aworkoutroutine?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    The one that works...It depends on how I feel, how the weight feels, whether I'm sore or injuries. I change it almost everytime I lift.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    planj wrote: »

Is there anyone that has had success with the beginner weight training program... aworkoutroutine?

There are several people in this thread that have.
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    The one that works...It depends on how I feel, how the weight feels, whether I'm sore or injuries. I change it almost everytime I lift.

Not sure if this is for me or a general comment, for the thread? Thank you.. for your input!
    planj wrote: »

There are several people in this thread that have.

I am looking forward to read the comments and seeing those on aworkoutroutine! Thank you!

• Mschmitt1119
    Mschmitt1119 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Doing a push pull routine now gunna see how it works with my schedule. Just started a week ago, really liking it so far. My muscles arent as fatigued as they used to be when I start the session since you basically get 2 days rest in between (push,pull,rest,push,pull,rest) which helps since I have to lift and restrain animals every day at work. Gunna have to see how it works out since the workouts take up a good chunk of time
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Doing a push pull routine now gunna see how it works with my schedule. Just started a week ago, really liking it so far. My muscles arent as fatigued as they used to be when I start the session since you basically get 2 days rest in between (push,pull,rest,push,pull,rest) which helps since I have to lift and restrain animals every day at work. Gunna have to see how it works out since the workouts take up a good chunk of time

Are there legs included?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Are there legs included?

They usually are on good programs:

http://www.exrx.net/Workouts/Workout2PP.html

• gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    There is no ""BEST"" program. And if you stumble across one...it won't work forever. But what DOES work forever, what IS the BEST is .... H A R D W O R K!!!!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    For anyone who has completed Strong Curves, does this program just focus on booty gains? Or does it focus on a full-body program? Currently deciding between this program and New Rules of Lifting for Women. Anyone who has completed both of these, which do you recommend for a beginner who wants to tone full-body?
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    For anyone who has completed Strong Curves, does this program just focus on booty gains? Or does it focus on a full-body program? Currently deciding between this program and New Rules of Lifting for Women. Anyone who has completed both of these, which do you recommend for a beginner who wants to tone full-body?

Definitely full body, just helps lift that butt at the same time.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Definitely full body, just helps lift that butt at the same time.

I'll second this. I've done 2 rounds and SC is definitely full body.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Did you guys see much changes in your upper body as well? Both asthetically and strength-wise.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Did you guys see much changes in your upper body as well? Both asthetically and strength-wise.

With Strong Curves? Yea definitely saw changes, but I wouldn't call them as apparent and significant as the lower body. Some people find the upper work to be too minimal, others find it just right.