Halp!! My husband won't install the toilet paper correctly!!

Options

Replies

• bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    Next time you go in there and it is under, carefully unwind use and rewind. When he goes in tthe bathroom and finds your super sneaky surprise he will have no choice but to install over next time for fear of further retribution
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Buy another toilet paper holder, one for you one for him! :)I personally like soft sheets going over.
    This!

Just like the sleep number bed, there's his and hers. Some people like their TP soft, others strong. USA is a rich country, you don't have to choose, you can have both.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wish my husband would put the roll on the dispenser...under, over, whatever, I wouldn't care as long as it was done.

^^^THIS!!! ALL THIS!!!!!
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I found the instructions on how to replace the toilet paper correctly. Just have him follow these simple steps and it can save your marriage.

Step 1
    Identify the problem

Open your eyes, if it's dark, turn on a light. Look in the direction of the toilet paper roll.

Step 2
    Note the condition of the roll

If the roll is out of paper, tell yourself that it's time to change that roll of toilet paper.

Step 3
    Remove the empty roll

Grasp the empty roll in one hand, then reach forward with the other to gently pull one end of the rod that holds the roll in its place. Doing so should cause the rod to come free of its mooring and rest in your hand. You should now have a rod with an empty roll of toilet paper in your hand.

Step 4
    Fetch a new roll

Go to that place in your house where you or someone else keeps the toilet paper. Select whichever one is closet and easiest to get to. Grab it and head back to the bathroom.

Step 5
    Install the new roll

Slip the holding rod through the hole in the fresh roll of toilet paper then position yourself close enough to the roll hanger to reach it comfortably with both hands. Then while holding the fresh roll on the bar, slip the rod into its former position, being careful to apply just enough pressure on the rod to allow it to slip over the lip of its housing. It should cllick into place.

I hope this helps!
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Omg who has the remote, you never said as this could be fatal to a marriage, toilet roll and remote issues
  • AliceA2013
    AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could laugh so much with a myfitnesspal thread.
    Of course it's over 'cos then you don't have everyone touching the back wall every time they go for second issue.
    Seriously, the best solution is the his and hers but attached end on to the wall: that way you might get a 69 and everyone is lovey-dovey.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I found the instructions on how to replace the toilet paper correctly. Just have him follow these simple steps and it can save your marriage.

Step 1
    Identify the problem

Open your eyes, if it's dark, turn on a light. Look in the direction of the toilet paper roll.

Step 2
    Note the condition of the roll

If the roll is out of paper, tell yourself that it's time to change that roll of toilet paper.

Step 3
    Remove the empty roll

Grasp the empty roll in one hand, then reach forward with the other to gently pull one end of the rod that holds the roll in its place. Doing so should cause the rod to come free of its mooring and rest in your hand. You should now have a rod with an empty roll of toilet paper in your hand.

Step 4
    Fetch a new roll

Go to that place in your house where you or someone else keeps the toilet paper. Select whichever one is closet and easiest to get to. Grab it and head back to the bathroom.

Step 5
    Install the new roll

Slip the holding rod through the hole in the fresh roll of toilet paper then position yourself close enough to the roll hanger to reach it comfortably with both hands. Then while holding the fresh roll on the bar, slip the rod into its former position, being careful to apply just enough pressure on the rod to allow it to slip over the lip of its housing. It should cllick into place.

I hope this helps!

Wait! I forgot the tips and warnings!

Be sure to toss the empty roll in the trash can or you risk offending others that may reside in your humble abode.

Take care to dislodge the glued end of the new roll from the tissue underneath, for the sake of the next visitor.

Make certain you hang the roll with the end of the roll hanging over the top towards you rather then down the back or it'll just be wrong.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Your husband installs the toilet paper? If I don't do it the roll will stay on the back of toilet forever. He has a friend who comes over and will turn the roll around every time he's in the bathroom. Fortunately I don't care which way the roll faces.

I am THAT friend. If I am at someplace else that is not my home and the toilet paper is installed in "under" position I of course assume it was a mistake because EVERYONE knows it belongs over (or at least they should) and promptly proceed to turn it around as an "over", it's probably my only passive-aggressive move that I have. However if this should occur at the home of an in-law I go one step further and fold the little "hotel triangle" that waffle quoted to drive the point home that "Yes, your son/brother/cousin/nephew married a Mexican and this is the ONLY thing resembling housework that I do", it is probably my ONLY aggressive-aggressive move I do with the in-laws. I can just hear them giggling when they see that. They think I'm so hilarious whenever I think I am just doing normal stuff. I also secretly hope the laughter helps them void completely as an added bonus.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Ohmigosh, I just don't know what to do! My husband makes me so mad! Everyone knows the toilet paper is supposed to be installed with the sheets hanging OVER, but he keeps installing it with the sheets hanging UNDER! I just don't know if I can handle being an over gal married to an under guy! What should I do? Am I right, or is he? Seriously replies only, please, but gifs are welcome!

Divorce seems like the most logical option. Or to save your marriage have him to start installing it standing on his head!

DISASTER AVERTED!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It is very very very simple. A toilet is much like the drivers seat in a car. When you get in after someone adjust to YOUR use. In a car you adjust the rear view morrow, the side mirrors, and ultimate the seat. Same goes for the toilet, if the roll in your opinion is backwards fix it, if the seat is up and you want it down do so.

The toilet paper and seat arguments are null and void, and are just arguments just to have them. Like I have to go in there and put the toilet seat up, you do not hear me complaining about touching the seat, that is why we have soap and warm water in the bathroom.

If I go in and find the seat down, I just pee on it to teach the next person to make sure they leave it up when they are done. Soap and warm water...:laugh: Right. Who washes their hands after using the restroom?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Oh by the way, my husband installed the toilet paper wrong ONE TIME. Only once.

By the other way, I tried reading that spanish accent answer in the accents of Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, my Tia Kika, and the girl from Spanglish movie but still nothing happened? Am I missing something?
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Does he put the seat down?
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    If that's all you have to complain about, you're in for a long happy marriage!!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Divorce him. This is serious business.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

No she's young. Did you see her profile pic? She's just getting started...next up is thermostat settings, the proper handling of leftovers, and toothpaste tube squeezing. It'll be years before the checks out other women in public hassles come up.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Omg who has the remote, you never said as this could be fatal to a marriage, toilet roll and remote issues

The man always gets the remote. In fact to make sure my woman doesn't use it, I take it to work with me. If she wants to watch the TV when I am gone, she can get off the couch and do it the old fashioned way.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Your sooo right a prenup should have been drawn up with this issue as a priority , how can anyone be expected to put up with issues from sheets
    Please use Eastern European accent to read this

Fixed it for you. NOW it's funny! LMFAO.

Especially since "issues from sheets" now has the double entendre of "issues from sh!ts".
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    There's a psychological illness out there called OCD. It can be harsh to all!!!! BEWARE!!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

It depends on the day. If he messes with one of my shows, he gets the novela look (and nobody EVER messes with the novela look)!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

No she's young. Did you see her profile pic? She's just getting started...next up is thermostat settings, the proper handling of leftovers, and toothpaste tube squeezing. It'll be years before the checks out other women in public hassles come up.

Nah, our 11th anniversary is this year. 11 friggin' years I've been dealing with this *kitten*!! :wink: