Can't live without Ice Cream

Options

Replies

• bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    LOL. While I am sitting here getting my car washed some of these responses are cracking me up LOL
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it's way too cold here for ice cream. Or salads.

Ice cream is better when it's cold! =)
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't factor it into my daily calories, but I do arrange for some extra calories for an end of the day snack, and if it's enough for a serving of some B&J New York Super Fudge Chunk and I have some in the freezer, hell yeah! XD
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    trjjoy wrote: »
    I would suggest allowing yourself one cheat meal and one cheat snack a week.

ONE cheat snack a week? Say whatttttt? There's no need to be that restrictive. Have treats whenever you can when it fits into your daily/weekly calorie goals.

The fact is most people on lower calorie diets don't have much room to fit a bunch of treats into their diet without compromising basic nutritional needs.

Thank you. I feel like this fact gets lost here.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    So I'm factoring it in to my daily calories. Do any of you do this also?

Yes. On a regular basis I enjoy a magnum ice cream bar.

Sometimes two.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it's way too cold here for ice cream. Or salads.

Ice cream is better when it's cold! =)

LOL.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    I don't factor it into my daily calories, but I do arrange for some extra calories for an end of the day snack, and if it's enough for a serving of some B&J New York Super Fudge Chunk and I have some in the freezer, hell yeah! XD

New York super fudge chunk. Huge chunks of dark chocolate and walnuts. Awesome! I love the Boston Cream Pie with actual chunks of yellow cake and rich Bavarian Cream.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I generally have some sort of dessert everyday. It's usually ice cream, candy, or some sort of cake/pastry.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

New York super fudge chunk. Huge chunks of dark chocolate and walnuts. Awesome! I love the Boston Cream Pie with actual chunks of yellow cake and rich Bavarian Cream.

Not a huge fan of boston cream pie things, but another treat i do sometimes is froyo. There's a place nearby that has birthday cake flavor and sometimes dutch chocolate. nooommmmmmm.......
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on the kind of ice cream you are eating, but most of them are going to have a much higher calorie AND fat content than a frozen banana and a little almond or peanut butter.
    And the mixers I suggested were just options. You can add whatever you want, or nothing at all. It's absolutely delicious just by itself, banana flavored! It is still a better alternative to full fat ice cream, especially if you are eating the kinds with candies or cookie doughs in them.

Well, no, not really.

1 smallish banana + 1 tbsp of peanut butter + 1 tsp honey + 1 tbsp cocoa powder ~ 230-240 cals
    1 scoop Ben & Jerry's Belgium Salted Caramel Brownie Ale = 250 cals

Not that there aren't flavors that are higher, but really your mix is falling in the middle of the B&J's lineup. There are a ton of ice cream lines out there with fewer cals than B&J. And that's forgetting their frozen yogurt which can be very good and is generally < 200 cals per serving.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Eat all the ice cream! And pizza!
    (well, maybe not alllll of it, but some). I am low/mod carb and still eat both on occasion - cuz life.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    It honestly depends on the kind of ice cream you are eating, but most of them are going to have a much higher calorie AND fat content than a frozen banana and a little almond or peanut butter.
    And the mixers I suggested were just options. You can add whatever you want, or nothing at all. It's absolutely delicious just by itself, banana flavored! It is still a better alternative to full fat ice cream, especially if you are eating the kinds with candies or cookie doughs in them.

Well, no, not really.

1 smallish banana + 1 tbsp of peanut butter + 1 tsp honey + 1 tbsp cocoa powder ~ 230-240 cals

Not that there aren't flavors that are higher, but really your mix is falling in the middle of the B&J's lineup. There are a ton of ice cream lines out there with fewer cals than B&J. And that's forgetting their frozen yogurt which can be very good and is generally < 200 cals per serving.

Delicious!!!!
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I found this a week or so ago:

http://www.eatenlightened.com/#/products

Its very good and I am easily able to fit it into my diet.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

Well, no, not really.

Consider which would full most people up more and have more nutritional value for the same number of calories
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    It was Nice because it was vegan. Honey is not vegan, as bees are exploited in order to produce honey.

Never thought about it like that. What is the difference between that and the necessity of bees pollinating most of the fruits/veggies we eat? Now with all the problems happening to bees farmers have to call in bee keepers to bring by their colonies to manually pollinate as well.

Exploited bees however makes me think of a bunch of bees marching on Labor Day or something...

$_35.JPG
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I can live without ice cream but enjoy a Nestle Mini Milk [vanilla, chocolate & strawberry] a couple of times a week. It's a nice snack for only 35 calories.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    I found this a week or so ago:

http://www.eatenlightened.com/#/products

Its very good and I am easily able to fit it into my diet.

Awesome site !
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    I can live without ice cream but enjoy a Nestle Mini Milk [vanilla, chocolate & strawberry] a couple of times a week. It's a nice snack for only 35 calories.

Must look into these. Thanks.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    all day er day
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It was Nice because it was vegan. Honey is not vegan, as bees are exploited in order to produce honey.

Never thought about it like that. What is the difference between that and the necessity of bees pollinating most of the fruits/veggies we eat? Now with all the problems happening to bees farmers have to call in bee keepers to bring by their colonies to manually pollinate as well.

Exploited bees however makes me think of a bunch of bees marching on Labor Day or something...

$_35.JPG

To collect honey, beekeepers must temporarily remove a number of the bees from their home. During the course of bee management and honey collection, even the most careful beekeeper cannot avoid inadvertently injuring, squashing, or otherwise killing some of the bees. Other commodities may be taken from the hive as well, including beeswax, honeycomb, pollen, propolis, and royal jelly.

Bees are not harmed by the process of pollination -- it is something they would do whether or not humans were involved or reaped any profit. If one were to stretch the point, using honey could, in a broad sense, be considered analogous to dairying. Furthermore, there is no reason to take honey from bees other than to sell it. Utilizing bees to pollinate crops in no way necessitates ravaging their hive.

There are some other points too but I'm too scatterbrained for that right now... o:)