Can't live without Ice Cream

Options
1235»

Replies

• WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Too carby for me, I love my Green and Blacks 85% choc each evening.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I've already been through the agony of living without Blue Bell even before I joined MFP. Trust me, you can live without ice cream.

Could I live without it? Sure. Do I want to? Nope. Life would be sad. If you have a medical condition that made you give it up, I am so sorry. :(
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    yeah except for me its a daily chocolate fix :smiley:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    There is nothing food wise that "I can't live without" on a daily basis. There are a few things that I like, and if I fancy to have them once in a while then I will.

Agree. I'm thinking those who say life would be sad without (insert name of food here) have never experienced the loss of a loved one.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy ice cream.. I do make some room in my daily calories for that. At least for a serving.
    I have a pint in the freezer and cant wait for that to be finish so that i can try another flavour..Buying ice cream in pint is definitely cheaper than buying it individually.
    Although, sometimes i do buy the one in cone or stick whenever i feel like it..
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If nothing else I have learned why my US counterparts are so attached to weighing things in cups. How odd that's a measurement used on nutritional labels.

Anyhoo, this week so far I have had pizza, cheesecake, pancakes with Nutella and banana, a Whispa Gold and sharing bag of crisps/chips. All in goal. Yay for exercise calories!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    CollieFit wrote: »
    There is nothing food wise that "I can't live without" on a daily basis. There are a few things that I like, and if I fancy to have them once in a while then I will.

Agree. I'm thinking those who say life would be sad without (insert name of food here) have never experienced the loss of a loved one.

The loss of ice cream would be sad. The loss of a loved one would be is nearly unbearable. Big difference.
  • Amyskye123
    Amyskye123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wheyhey do a protein ice cream if u must have ice cream
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I really like ice cream but don't have to have it all the time.
    I regularly make room for things like peanut butter and Oreos (both with milk of course).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    It honestly depends on the kind of ice cream you are eating, but most of them are going to have a much higher calorie AND fat content than a frozen banana and a little almond or peanut butter.
    And the mixers I suggested were just options. You can add whatever you want, or nothing at all. It's absolutely delicious just by itself, banana flavored! It is still a better alternative to full fat ice cream, especially if you are eating the kinds with candies or cookie doughs in them.

Well, no, not really.

1 smallish banana + 1 tbsp of peanut butter + 1 tsp honey + 1 tbsp cocoa powder ~ 230-240 cals
    1 scoop Ben & Jerry's Belgium Salted Caramel Brownie Ale = 250 cals

Not that there aren't flavors that are higher, but really your mix is falling in the middle of the B&J's lineup. There are a ton of ice cream lines out there with fewer cals than B&J. And that's forgetting their frozen yogurt which can be very good and is generally < 200 cals per serving.

I had to get all the deets.

This is the weight of the small banana I had this AM. I think a tablespoon of cocoa powder would be too much, and would try this with one teaspoon myself, but for the sake of argument:

e4398fcdccc91243caf7832422f3de8c.png

I want my ice cream full fat or not at all. Here's my fave:

http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/smores-ice-cream
    e5f74cc9b191f7b58c13b679135e156e.png

Here's the one you mentioned:

http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/salted-caramel-brownie-ale-ice-cream

08a9602329b40c23e897371129b13daa.png

But who can only eat 1/2 cup. On the rare occasions I buy it I know that I will not be able to eat only 1/2 cup.

I eat half a cup of (cashew milk) ice cream all the time. I mean, it's possible. You can decide that your goals are worth more to you than an extra serving of ice cream.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am terrible about portion control when it comes to ice cream so I have mini drumstick cones instead. 120 calories.

But I am doing better with desserts all around, I have a chocolate orange that I got for christmas that I haven't even finished yet!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on the kind of ice cream you are eating, but most of them are going to have a much higher calorie AND fat content than a frozen banana and a little almond or peanut butter.
    And the mixers I suggested were just options. You can add whatever you want, or nothing at all. It's absolutely delicious just by itself, banana flavored! It is still a better alternative to full fat ice cream, especially if you are eating the kinds with candies or cookie doughs in them.

Well, no, not really.

1 smallish banana + 1 tbsp of peanut butter + 1 tsp honey + 1 tbsp cocoa powder ~ 230-240 cals

Not that there aren't flavors that are higher, but really your mix is falling in the middle of the B&J's lineup. There are a ton of ice cream lines out there with fewer cals than B&J. And that's forgetting their frozen yogurt which can be very good and is generally < 200 cals per serving.

This is the weight of the small banana I had this AM. I think a tablespoon of cocoa powder would be too much, and would try this with one teaspoon myself, but for the sake of argument:

But who can only eat 1/2 cup. On the rare occasions I buy it I know that I will not be able to eat only 1/2 cup.

I eat half a cup of (cashew milk) ice cream all the time. I mean, it's possible. You can decide that your goals are worth more to you than an extra serving of ice cream.

I will look for the cashew milk ice cream recipe :)
  • janejellyroll
    edited February 2016
    Options

Well, no, not really.

I actually purchase it -- it's the So Delicious brand.

Edit: And there isn't really much of a difference in the macros/calories between dairy ice cream -- I choose it because I'm vegan. Just in case you thought I was somehow recommending it as an alternative to regular ice cream. I mean, I do recommend it (I'd love to see people try more plant-based foods), but it's still ice cream.
  • bellabonbons
    Options

Well, no, not really.

Edit: And there isn't really much of a difference in the macros/calories between dairy ice cream -- I choose it because I'm vegan. Just in case you thought I was somehow recommending it as an alternative to regular ice cream. I mean, I do recommend it (I'd love to see people try more plant-based foods), but it's still ice cream.

That's why I asked. I am a vegetarian. :)
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

Well, no, not really.

Thanks. When the original person posted this Nice Cream thing I was thinking that it didn't sound too terribly low in calorie. Maybe a good substitute for ice cream if you are vegan, but not helpful on a calorie level. Then just imagine adding that honey they mentioned and boom goes your calories.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Well, no, not really.

Oh, I see. Yes, I think the So Delicious cashew milk ice cream is -- by far -- the greatest vegan ice cream ever. It's so creamy!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Well, no, not really.

Differences in produce sources, maybe. The smallest banana I've ever bought since I started using a food scale was well over 110 cals, but we usually get pretty large ones at the store (unless you buy the finger bananas :tongue: ).
  • bellabonbons
    Options

Well, no, not really.

Oh, I see. Yes, I think the So Delicious cashew milk ice cream is -- by far -- the greatest vegan ice cream ever. It's so creamy!

Will buy some. I struggle with milk dairy products and I am sure you know why. :).