How do you react when drivers tailgate you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JFinn26
    JFinn26 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    And if you really must brake check...you need to do it correctly....here's how to do it properly:
    1. If you're on a single lane road, just ease off the gas to slow down...
    2. Continue to do so until you're going maybe 10-15mph
    3. By this time they're flipping mad, and this is when you execute your brake check...
    4. Because of the speed, they're now virtually stopped...and this is when you floor it and leave them wayyyyy behind...
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Is this road rage school?????
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i move over or speed up. Not worth dealing with it.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It rarely happens, but when it does I move out of the left lane and into the middle or right lane. It's called courtesy. I'm more concerned with the idiots who insist on driving slowly in the left lane. Or, the ones in reverse on the off ramp. Or the weavers. The dude that just wants to drive fast in the left lane isn't a problem.
  • Kali2024
    Kali2024 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SiLaXe wrote: »
    I slow down till the driver gets annoyed and passes me on the other lane lol.

you better not be in the left lane grrrr...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Doc0862 wrote: »
    In car - brake check and or let the pecker heads pass.
    On bike - Pull my 357 mag and wink at em.
    357 works EVERY time.

Brilliant. You cant get away with that here (UK)

Well if a cop see's him he wont get away with it here either.
    Worse,,,the other guy may just have one also,,,and you just gave him the reason he needed to shoot you.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    357 works EVERY time.

Thank you for reminding me why I gave up my membership to the NRA, am anti-open carry, and have become open to more gun control. Too many want-to-be cowboys out there who forgot the 1800s are over, have absolutely no sense of discretion, and never learned about responsible firearms ownership.
  • TrailRunn3rMN
    TrailRunn3rMN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't react. Maybe they don't realize they are tailgating. I just give people the benefit of the doubt. Besides, most people that I have ridden with that complain about being tailgated actually tailgate themselves but don't know it.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Slow way down. Lecture them sarcastically in the rear-view mirror. Swerve erratically. Speed up. Don't notice. Change lanes.
  • frankiedb
    frankiedb Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I give them the "One finger salute"
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If some one was tail gating me I'd get out and confront them
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do the speed limit and not one notch more. If they want to pass me, they can. It irritates me at night, though, because my car sits low to the ground, so I get blaring headlights in my rearview.
  • looking4gains
    looking4gains Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    357 works EVERY time.

You sound like a complete douche bag. And yes I'm judging because you sound like a little man with no self confidence who relys on a gun to give you brass balls. Some of us have guns and know how to use them responsibly don't draw them unless absolutely necessary. My weapon has been in my jeep for over a year in a lock box under my seat and I haven't pulled it once. I'd rather not make that decision considering I do it enough in my job. I've never agreed to gun control and I'm a big supporter of the 2nd amendment. More for the ability against an unjust government. But in you're case, your the type of moron that would draw for a parking spot.... Please sell your handgun....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

most of what people are saying they're doing in response to tailgating is antagonistic and often escalates things to the road rage level...this is one of the reasons I simply don't like most people...everyone is an idiot.

I also wonder how many people are pulling this foot off the gas stuff in the left lane where it's actually their responsibility to get out of the way if they're slower traffic.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

most of what people are saying they're doing in response to tailgating is antagonistic and often escalates things to the road rage level...this is one of the reasons I simply don't like most people...everyone is an idiot.

I also wonder how many people are pulling this foot off the gas stuff in the left lane where it's actually their responsibility to get out of the way if they're slower traffic.

Yes the left lane hogs bother me a whole lot more then the tailgater,,,they block traffic causing congestion and back ups along with frustrating other drivers.

Person hits you in the back from following to close its gonna be on them,
    Corse I never minded a little pat on the *kitten* every now and then.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    If I'm in the slow-lane & get a tailgater, well, there isn't a whole lot I can do about that. If I'm in the fast(er) lanes, I'll pull over to the slow lane as long as no big trucks are in same lane. Its no sweat off me.

Lots of tailgaters here end up in bad accidents along with the innocent drivers they hit. I want no part of that.