What workout program are you doing?

Options
124»

Replies

• vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day shred on Thursday & today was day 5 for me, I've tried doing it in the past & only got to day 11 & quit, so this time I'm really trying to do the whole 30 days & see what kind of results I will get :)
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Hal Higdon Intermediate I marathon training program. Marathon is on Oct 20 and today is Week 3 Day 1.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 3-4 days cardio, 1x Les Mills 1/2 Body Combat/ 1/2 Pump,1x Metafit, 1x swim, 1x spinniing, 1x Aqua fit, & try to get the dogs out for 2-6 miles. Stops me getting bored :happy:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    These days I alternate between an hour on my Magne-Trainer mini-bike (resistance=4) and a half-hour on a Wieder Rock-N-Step. Once in a while I take a rest day.

I'm not currently doing weight training, so that I can give my carpal tunnel syndrome a break. Otherwise, I use dumbbells (10-, 15-, and 20-pounders, depending on the exercise) for half-hour sessions three times a week, alternating with cardio.
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I run a min. of 30 and max of 70 minutes a day, along with 30 minutes on the stationary bike and jumping on my trampoline while lifting light weights for about 15 minutes. Working well for me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    this should be based on your goals, not a survey of what people are doing
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I work hard at keeping my eating clean and under control and I pick and choose at random whether its walking outdoors, 60 min cardio at gym, weight circuit, P90X, aerobic jazz class, spinning, whatever. I figure as long as I'm moving and active I can't go wrong and it keeps things from getting boring too.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    modified version of Stronglifts with some additional lifting exercises.
  • tonadayuu
    tonadayuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the "whatever I feel like doing" program. I don't think I could stick with a program because I get bored so easily and I'm sure I would give up quickly doing the same kind of thing over and over.
    ^ This
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It's actually fun to see what other people are doing.

For me: I alternate between Les Mills Combat and Tapout XT (AM) and Stronglifts 5 x 5 (3 x a week in the afternoon).
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Insanity. It has a daily plan of what you're doing and while it's hard, it's worth it!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred; just finished Day 3. I also have another Jillian Michaels DVD, Extreme Shed and Shred, that I plan on doing on weekends when I have more time in conjunction with the 30 Day Shred. I do spinning sometimes, as well.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 with light cardio. By light cardio, I mean I am walking 12,000+ steps daily and *maybe* doing 1 intense workout a week on a non-weight training day, only because I just really like Turbo Kick enough to do it once a week.

So far it's been working great. I have been dropping fat like there's no tomorrow (especially since I have been increasing my calories to TDEE-15% instead of the measly starvation amount MFP suggests for me) and I have been getting stronger with all my lifts. I'm currently wearing the smallest clothes that I have ever worn in my adult life even though I am 7 pounds heavier than I was when I weighed the least amount. I am losing pounds, too, but this time when I get down to the lowest weight point I will be even leaner than before.

I've had the most success on programs that focus mainly on weight training with little to no emphasis on cardio. The other way around, I would lose weight but not as much body fat or size.
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I like it mostly because the workouts only last 30 minutes and the people are actually motivating!
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    On week 2 of Stonglifts 5x5, and a few runs a week for fun. Had to get away from the beachbody stuff after a long winter indoors. Love being outside :)