How much/often do you exercise?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Numerio
    Numerio Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I exercise three/four/five/six times a week!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Generally, I lift 3x/week.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I just entered maintenance last week. I've lost 90 lbs in the past 13 months, and a total of about 150 lbs from my highest weight. As I was losing weight, I exercised a lot, every day - cardio on the elliptical for 2+ hours, plus 1 lifting session a week. I felt working out for 2 hours every day was too stressful for me, so since starting maintenance I have reduced the cardio time to 1.5 hours/5 days a week, and 1 lifting session per week as well. So far, this has been working great for me, and it gives me 1,900 calories to work with on a daily average (after eating about 1,300-1,400 calories a day, that's a pretty generous amount for me!). But, I wonder if its too much exercise? It obviously is not nearly as much as I was doing before, but I don't want to seem obsessed. However, I feel really good after working out on the elliptical, and I do want to keep my fitness level at least the same, if not improve somehow (and I also want to eat more food!) I also may want to try new activities this spring/summer, like maybe swimming, biking, or hiking.

So, for those who are maintaining, how much/how long/how often do you exercise? What kind of exercise(s) do you do? What is your daily calorie intake for maintenance? Do you exercise solely to eat more food, or do you do it for other reasons as well? At what point do you think it becomes an obsession?

Possibly too simplistic - but do what you love. Do you enjoy the elliptical? Are you interested in lifting more? Do you want to take up kickboxing?

ETActually answer your question: I work out in some capacity every day, because I love it. I run; it's my therapy. I lift weights; it's a nice balance in the week.