Most OVERRATED Fruits!

Options
124»

Replies

• jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I hate grapes. The texture, the horrible sugary sweet coating on your teeth after eating them yuk. They also remind me of being sick. I think they are the most over rated fruit ever.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for fruit, especially apples, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. I avoid these unless they're in a fruit salad covered in a fruit dip (and I don't mind strawberries in a green smoothie). The only fruits that I actually like are bananas, sweet cherries and blueberries, and because of the cost I only eat the cherries and blueberries for a short while during the summer, when they're in season locally (U pick farms-$2lb usually). Otherwise I stick to bananas in my smoothies and my Greek yogurt :)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Count me as a blueberry fan. Virtually every morning my breakfast includes either oatmeal or a quality whole grain cereal with a heaping pile of blueberries on top and just a little milk.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I hate mangoes. They are sickly sweet and stringy. Bleh.
    Also...
    - red delicious apples
    - oranges
    - melons
    - plums
    :sick:
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    Goji berries- they're not cheap and have an awful aftertaste
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Overrated? Gotta be bananas since they are the most purchased fruit. Or almonds because of the milk, but I don't think most people rate them as fruits (or seeds).

Hmmm... cucumbers are 95% water and nutrient sparse so I'm going to say they are the most overrated.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Love blueberries, pears and apples............!!!

I don't know why raspberries, and blackberries.........I find so dull and boring

When you wash raspberries... they just go all wet and soft, and don't really taste of anything, and blackberries can be bitter.... I remember picking them off trees when I was little : )
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    every morning ate oats with apples and was wondering whats wrong with me.....so

apple allergy :/

with that came peaches, kiwi and strawberries. horrible.
    but it changed and now I can peaches, kiwi and strawberry again. No apple tho.

dont eat much fruits. only bananas, strawberries thats it. been spoiled in thailand with awesome fruits and here just doesnt taste.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Cantaloupes are Gods Gift!!!!!!

I cant be anywhere near this thread...i just...... im speechless. (<<Except that part.)
  • CubicCutie
    CubicCutie Posts: 53
    Options
    Watermelon and dates. The only HIGH GI fruit causing quick sugar highs = crashing lows= fatigue. Beware!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to try blueberries until I was about 17. I expected them to be sweet, dark and blue on the inside, like a bramble but better. They just tasted like slightly grainy water. :(
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I LOVE raspberries, blackberries and blueberries - don't think they're overrated at all, although they're definitely best eaten when they're in season.

Don't know about overrated, but this is probably the most disappointing fruit I've had:

dragon-fruit-red-white1.jpg

Dragon fruit. So pretty; tastes of nothing.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

lol good read this site needs a like button ! :D
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Im a big berry fan!!I just like them I eat blueberries when I can get them like sweets,grow my own Tomato's,raspberries ,strawberries and Blackcurrants also have a couple of Apple trees there is no comparison to fruit picked from your own garden at least you know its free of any preservatives!!!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Dragon fruit is over rated, it comes frm Thailand and doesn't even really have a taste :(

Worst 6 dihrims I ever spent