Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

True confessions! No judgement!

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    Because you probably spend the other part of your emotional and mental energy being all judgie about people passing you by when you are out and about... fact is.. if you spend some time thinking about what YOU think about when you are wandering around... then you will discover that, you may be as judgie as you suspect everyone else around you is... BUT that you don't keep that kind of stuff in your long term memory... other people, strangers, are too involved in their microcosms to waste their precious thoughts on the woman with the green hair. and so what... in this world you should understand that around every corner there is someone more than you and someone less than you... someone better, someone worse, poorer, richer, luckier, bad luckier, ALL an individual should ever be concerned about is being the best "Me" do that... and you will be just fine
    Sometimes when I'm in public with my husband and daughter I wonder if people are judging me. Like, I wonder if they think I'm a teen mom, or if I'm not pretty or thin enough to be with my husband, or just that I'm a freak for having green hair. I always think people see something wrong with me, like I expect it. I don't even know why.

I mean, I don't think that's it. I am the kind of person who tends to focus in on and see only the best in other people. I like people, I have always wanted to but I feel like I can't connect with them. I have really bad ADHD and I just blurt things out and annoy others a lot. I think my problem has less to do with how I see or judge others and more to do with just disliking myself. I have always felt like an outsider because I'm awkward and too afraid to talk to people. I have never had many friends, and I just generally don't like myself. You are probably right though that they aren't judging. I just always worry for whatever reason. I don't know.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    maeld51 wrote: »
    I confess it hurts my feelings that
    even tho we have mutual friends women on these threads don't seem to like me.
    I try hard to be kind and not step on toes
    but it doesn't seem to matter.
    I have lots of women MFPals but they don't go on the forums.
    Even when I try to engage I am ignored.
    Oh well....... :(

You should add me if you like nerds.
    Yes for sure, I am a nerd too.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You shouldn't worry that much girl, just enjoy being out with your dear ones.

Whatever strangers in the street think is their thoughts, they don't concern you
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    maeld51 wrote: »
    I confess it hurts my feelings that
    even tho we have mutual friends women on these threads don't seem to like me.
    I try hard to be kind and not step on toes
    but it doesn't seem to matter.
    I have lots of women MFPals but they don't go on the forums.
    Even when I try to engage I am ignored.
    Oh well....... :(

Would love to have you as a friend! My silly phone won't let me send a request, though! :(
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Red_Pill wrote: »
    I can't wait to eat some cake. It's been a while.

Coincidence..I got cake. I'll share ;)
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I confess sometimes at work I'm fake-smiling so hard it feels like my face is going to crack, and I have no idea how people could possibly think it's genuine.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Even thought I would have ordered other stuff for dinner my mom really really wanted to share something so I ordered food to make her happy. And it was nice to see her excited for dinner. :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I also have a weird obsession about using the property names of bodies of water...we swam in a sea yesterday not the ocean. And where we stayed in Cancun in March was technically on a straight...not.the ocean. I once made a list of Ll the seas I could find in an Atlas to prove there aren't just 7