Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

True confessions! No judgement!

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    .I sometimes get jealous of the younger, shirtless, 6-pack ab guys who have all the ladies fawning all over them....

As always, I agree with you Gary. It stings and sometimes it's hard to let go.... however, remember that when these younger dudes with abs were still getting their butts wiped by mommy, you were taking bullets and shrapnel for your country. If I was a woman, I'd take badass bravery over a couple extra muscles any day of the week. You're the man Gary.

Totally agree. I'll never be one of those 10% BF guys. just not in the cards. and feel like at 51, its kinda sad to think the days of being thought of as "damn that guy is hot" are pretty much gone. I guess is just part of the journey....or some sh|t.

I feel the same. I may be 41, but I feel the same. I'm never going to get to where I'd like to be, like these young "damn that guy is hot" dudes. Although, I never was. I had always hoped I'd find a place of comfort where I could show the confidence to gain that, but it never happened and now I think I never will. A life of third place and "he'll do for now" attitudes has ruined that for me. I could work 3 times a day in the gym for the rest of my life, and that'll never change.... or some *kitten*.

I think alot of us women feel the same way. I personally, see these hot young girls with the fit body and see men drool over them and part of me wishes I looked like them. I will never be a super model or super skinny. I was meant to play sports not walk a runway. I'm not the most attractive but I have a huge heart, I will always support you and try and make you laugh buy sometimes I feel that's not good enough. That's the nature of beast of mfp, sometimes it makes me feel not good enough

Why can't you walk a runway AND play sports. I did and I have.
    I understand what you're saying but please know it goes both ways. I'm on a family vacation and after I wheel my mom to the salon to have her hair done I'll run on the treadmill. might as well get fit while killing time.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm often cold. It's annoying. But I'm in shorts and a sweatshirt and under the covers cause I'm cold. And ya i am cold yet I'm in shorts. Doesn't make much sense
  • slinkybinkydog
    slinkybinkydog Posts: 38,959 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I confess I'm often cold. It's annoying. But I'm in shorts and a sweatshirt and under the covers cause I'm cold. And ya i am cold yet I'm in shorts. Doesn't make much sense

I'm always cold too. It sucks. Feel ya!
  • StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    .I sometimes get jealous of the younger, shirtless, 6-pack ab guys who have all the ladies fawning all over them....

You and me both, Gary. But I've decided that if a lady doesn't want to fawn over me as I am and get to know what's on the inside, she's never going to get a chance when my outside hotness matches my inside character. Head up, @gcibsthom ! We got this, brother!

@Kasner1975 is dead on with his comment!
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I'm still not comfortable with my new body. I still see the old me.

I know this feeling all too well.
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I want to run away from Washington state and move somewhere else

Florida. And in other news....
  • StillBreathingFitness
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

As always, I agree with you Gary. It stings and sometimes it's hard to let go.... however, remember that when these younger dudes with abs were still getting their butts wiped by mommy, you were taking bullets and shrapnel for your country. If I was a woman, I'd take badass bravery over a couple extra muscles any day of the week. You're the man Gary.

Totally agree. I'll never be one of those 10% BF guys. just not in the cards. and feel like at 51, its kinda sad to think the days of being thought of as "damn that guy is hot" are pretty much gone. I guess is just part of the journey....or some sh|t.

I feel the same. I may be 41, but I feel the same. I'm never going to get to where I'd like to be, like these young "damn that guy is hot" dudes. Although, I never was. I had always hoped I'd find a place of comfort where I could show the confidence to gain that, but it never happened and now I think I never will. A life of third place and "he'll do for now" attitudes has ruined that for me. I could work 3 times a day in the gym for the rest of my life, and that'll never change.... or some *kitten*.

I think alot of us women feel the same way. I personally, see these hot young girls with the fit body and see men drool over them and part of me wishes I looked like them. I will never be a super model or super skinny. I was meant to play sports not walk a runway. I'm not the most attractive but I have a huge heart, I will always support you and try and make you laugh buy sometimes I feel that's not good enough. That's the nature of beast of mfp, sometimes it makes me feel not good enough

You are freaking AMAZING, Melynda! Your character and perseverance outshine the supermodel bodies any day. And to be honest, your looks are hot as hell too. Complete package, @Liftheavylovehard !

Oh...and being a great Mom.... MOST attractive in my book!
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    IM NAKED
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I confess that I'm in the weirdest place I've ever been in my life. I'm never a fan of spinning my wheels and I feel that's exactly what I'm doing. No motivation. No direction. Just watching the sun rise and set. Stay tuned cause I'll probably do some stupid *kitten* just to get out of the rut.
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    brillmer87 wrote: »

People don't realize that this is as much an emotional and mental transformation as it is a physical one.

I went from 240 to 170 and still saw the same person for months.

Went back to 200 and saw awhale. Back to 185 and still it depends on the day what I see.

This isn't a joke. Its a lifestyle change. Its a complete transformation. It takes time and a lot of self love and worth retraining... 3 years deep and I'm almost finally not hating my body.

Be strong.

I'm digging this entry. Thank you dude.

Its my pleasure. Generally speaking I joke around and i keep it light but self deprecation is no joke. The reason most of us are on this website is for a very real reason.

Were trying to change ourselves for the better. We work DAMN hard to do so. Some of us got made fun of our whole lives for our weight, leading to a lack of self esteem and self worth and people have no idea how paralyzing that can be. Leads to anxiety and depression and a whole lot more.

This is a community for support, love, and apparently a shitload of perverts LOL

The only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself. Love and appreciate yourselves for the effort you put in. Remember why you're doing it and keep motivated.

Sorry for the wall of text - sometimes a chord gets struck
  • StillBreathingFitness
    edited October 2016
    Options

People don't realize that this is as much an emotional and mental transformation as it is a physical one.

Went back to 200 and saw awhale. Back to 185 and still it depends on the day what I see.

This isn't a joke. Its a lifestyle change. Its a complete transformation. It takes time and a lot of self love and worth retraining... 3 years deep and I'm almost finally not hating my body.

Be strong.

Be strong.

I'm digging this entry. Thank you dude.

Its my pleasure. Generally speaking I joke around and i keep it light but self deprecation is no joke. The reason most of us are on this website is for a very real reason.

Were trying to change ourselves for the better. We work DAMN hard to do so. Some of us got made fun of our whole lives for our weight, leading to a lack of self esteem and self worth and people have no idea how paralyzing that can be. Leads to anxiety and depression and a whole lot more.

This is a community for support, love, and apparently a shitload of perverts LOL

The only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself. Love and appreciate yourselves for the effort you put in. Remember why you're doing it and keep motivated.

Sorry for the wall of text - sometimes a chord gets struck

Truth spoken be a fellow traveler! Thank you, brother!
  • slinkybinkydog
    slinkybinkydog Posts: 38,959 Member
    Options
    I'm in a really weird and silly mood! So watch out!
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've never been so depressed.... and disappointed.
  • ArmyMedic2016
    ArmyMedic2016 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've never been so depressed.... and disappointed.

Are you ok. I know the pain of depression x
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm through being insecure about my looks. I have way more to offer than that. And the interesting thing I realized this evening is that good guys will always be good guys, but looks can change. So give me a bit, I'll be a good guy AND what folk call hot. ;)

You are a great person
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing people when they compliment me on my looks. I can politely say thank you, but was teased and bullied really badly growing up because of my Italian nose. I still feel insecure about it and see that girl everytime I look in the mirror.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing people when they compliment me on my looks. I can politely say thank you, but was teased and bullied really badly growing up because of my Italian nose. I still feel insecure about it and see that girl everytime I look in the mirror.

we all know what you're talking about. I was bullied for my feminine figure.. Kate Moss era really did a number on us who don't possess that thing, today I still feel I'm undesirable and I find that having curves makes me look fat..
    And FYI.. I think you look stunning <3