12 week weight loss

kondmanu
kondmanu Posts: 60 Member
Hi guys!!!
I want to get slimmer n healthier so want some motivation as well as workout buddy in my journey. Love to see ur goals as well. Here are my details:
Present weight : 196
Goal weight : 160

Replies

• jctk0419
    jctk0419 Posts: 21 Member
    Howdy.
    I had started out at my well-visit with my doctor last June saying I wanted to lose 20 pounds by my next well-visit this coming June. Well, I went in for a different reason a couple of weeks ago, and rather than having lost any weight, I gained 2 pounds.

So, I still have about 4 months before the scheduled well-visit, and 5 pounds a month is still reasonable. So, let's see if I can do this! It doesn't quite meet the criteria of your thread title (12 week weight loss), but if I get off to a good start, hopefully I'll be able to keep it going.

Current weight: 147
    Goal weight: 125
  • kondmanu
    Thats great!!! Choosing to be healthy is the first step for me.. Lets motivate each other. All the best on your journey
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Hi! I would like to join the challenge/12 week group. I am new to my fitness pal, downloaded the app last week, logged my meals, etc. Would really like some motivation and inspiration, fitness buddy. I work a swing shift, live in Portland OR, have a PF membership and plan to start getting my butt to the gym 4x a week 8-10am, I can take a guest no cost/no limit on visits for the guest.
    Pres wght- 185
    Goal - 150
  • kondmanu
    Thats great... I am so happy that i am nt the only one in this journey... Lets update daily exercise and kinda meals r snack ideas for healthy living
  • lianamosley
    lianamosley Posts: 1 Member
    Extremely interested in your 12 week challenge... What does a person need to do to get involved in something like this... Been using MyFitnessPal for a while but new to the groups... Interested in someone that can motivate me on my dark days, but someone i can motivate when they are down...

Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 155lbs
    Goal Weight: 125lbs
  • kondmanu
    Interesting.... Love to help others... I was unable to do my workout for today but definitely going to start tomorrow n wl let u knw guys.. I m basically vegetarian so tryng to eat even more healthy. I hope u guys have a wonderful day n love to hear the type of workouts u did
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    I'm in. looking for anything to help me get motivated..

Height: 4'10.5"
    Current weight: 136lbs
    Goal Weight: 105-110lbs

I'm not expecting to drop that in 12 weeks, but I'd like to get it started on that downwards path!

Today is my day one. It's Monday, fine day for a day one.

What I'll be doing daily:

Logging EVERYTHING.
    Hitting a minimum of 10K steps a day ( but really, that is only maintenance so I'll be trying for 15-20K )
    Regular healthy snacks so I don't binge ( having them planned out the day before)

What I'll be doing weekly:

Getting in at least 3 30 mins workouts. ( this can be anything from dancing to music to doing a workout vid. does not include walking)
    Weighing in.

• kondmanu
    Go girl!!! I am trying to start walking min of 10k steps a day bcoz i never did that. Hopefully i wl do that and logging in wat i eat or do. This keeps me track of what i do on daily basis. Thats a great start. I like the way u r planning things. Keep going
  • itssierrarose
    itssierrarose Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to be apart of this 12 week challenge!!! I really need motivation and love to help others in return, I've been so low in self esteem its ridiculous
  • kondmanu
    Thats really nice!!! We are there to help each other to reach our goals.. Lets do it.. And we can do it no matter what. Track our foods and workouts and lets help others as well. I am basically vegetarian and that too Indian. So I normally eat food with oils. But i am going to change the way i eat food. Trying to be more healthier versions and here i dont get berry fruits so i will b eating watevr is available in my market.. Share ur food details as well so that v can help each other
  • ElaneDiane127
    ElaneDiane127 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join!
    I'm currently 180 lbs and looking to be 160 lbs. I work out but I have a bad habit of binge eating. Hopefully a group will help me stay on track!
  • kondmanu
    Hi Diane... Welcome to the group. Even i have that habit. But trying to eat healthy like avoiding chips and instead munching on carrots r cucumber. Instead of sodas drinking water or coconut water(if u crave for sweet drink) or sugarcane juice which are better than sodas.. Just trying new things and enjoying. If i really want to eat chocolates which is my main weekness.. Having just a small bit instead of having the whole chocolate. But anyways try one by one instead of doing all at a time which leads to binge eating again
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Hey! I'd love to be a part of the challenge. I have put healthy eating and exercise on the back burner for the last year and it's time for me to make some lifestyle changes! I have been putting it off using the excuse that I don't have time because I am working and studying...but I still manage to find time to watch tv. So, I need some accountability to help keep me focused!

Height: 5'7"
    Current weight: 245 lbs
    12 Week Goal Weight: 230 lbs

My goals for the challenge:
    Log every day
    Work out 30 minutes, 6 days a week
    Eat more fruits and veggies

• kondmanu
    Woow!!! I am soo happy that you want to take some time from ur busy life for bcoming healthy. Yess log ur activities n food daily which helps in knowing what u r doing on a daily basis. Keep posting ur progress on a weekly basis... Come on gal we can do it...
  • kondmanu
    Thank u all so much... I m getting some motivation from u guys
  • genesugandy1
    genesugandy1 Posts: 3 Member
    hi kondmanu: i am up for the challenge. i am in Indonesia and i am going to see my daughter graduate from college in Toronto Canada on my birthday June 15. i want to show up looking great so i have a lot of work to do.
    Current weight 80 kg
    Goal weight 65 kg
    plan: log on every day
    some form of exercise for at least 30 min / 5 times a week
    seriusly try to meet calorie goal or under every day
    Looking forward to making major changes and will be checking in with everyone daily to get and give support to anyone who needs it!.... Let's Go!
  • kondmanu
    Wohhooo!!! I m so happy that there are do many ppl including me who is ready to b healthy.. Yess we can do it. We are alrdy beautiful n we can b even more beautiful!!!
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Looks like a good group coming together!
    Monday was to be my day one and I made the best of it, crazy work day. Did well with food but exercise... When I finally got off work after 11pm, I went to Winco, got a carry basket, got my cat some food , then walked the store like a lost crazy lady zig zagging up and down all the isles looking for nothing - lol, gallon of filtered water in one hand - basket with cat food in the other, logged 7000 steps then went to the check out. Original plan was to leave work 830 or 9, go home n change, then go to the gym...que Sera Sera :smile: )
  • kondmanu
    Hahaha.... But u did really well. Try to have gud sleep too which is as important as exercise. Keep doing it...
  • genesugandy1
    genesugandy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Jazzypdx...... I love your improvisation!!!! way to go girl!!