What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    joeross155 wrote: »
    Lightning by Dean Koontz

good one. personal favorite of his was always the first in the Chris Snow stories. hopefully he'll get around to finishing up the third one at some point.

Your username with my profile picture would be epic

You guys are a match made in heaven! haha!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just finished Harlan Coben's 'The Stranger'. I tried to pick up 'A Little Life' by Hanya Yanagihara - so many great reviews and critical acclaim - but I actually hated it so much that I returned the book (first time I've ever done that!) I started 'A Man Called Ove' by Fredrik Backman a couple days ago and am enjoying it very much.

I like to read all kinds of stuff.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    While I love the feel of actual books, I'm thinking I need to pick up an e-reader because it would be so much easier while on the treadmill or elliptical.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love these book threads. Have picked up some good ideas for what to read next, now. I'm reading a fairly boring book, called the paying guests, and listening to a pretty good action book called Runner. (not sure what all is going on yet,but some kind of diabolical government mind reading thing...)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    While I love the feel of actual books, I'm thinking I need to pick up an e-reader because it would be so much easier while on the treadmill or elliptical.

LOVE my Kindle, especially because I can increase the font size so it is easier to read while moving. Make sure to get something with a non-glare screen, though (i.e. not an iPad) or its impossible to read with the overhead lights.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    Wow, I love these book threads. Have picked up some good ideas for what to read next, now. I'm reading a fairly boring book, called the paying guests, and listening to a pretty good action book called Runner. (not sure what all is going on yet,but some kind of diabolical government mind reading thing...)

I started reading The Paying Guests. Got bored and gave up.
  • ashleystidham
    ashleystidham Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Currently reading I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by the amazing Maya Angelou and about to start Helter Skelter! My psych major friend is somewhat obsessed with serial killers and gave the book to me lmao
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    suzreen wrote: »

I started reading The Paying Guests. Got bored and gave up.

I may be getting close to giving up, too. I am one of those people, though, who once I start a movie or a book, have a hard time quitting it. I guess I'm already invested in it, and I keep hoping it will get better!
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    finished Go Set a Watchman and now starting Two Little Girls In Blue
  • garcia280z
    garcia280z Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Curious lives of human Cadavers
    By Mary Roach
  • shoryuken666
    shoryuken666 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The stand, from Stephen King. It's OK.

I love the dark tower books. :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »

I do audio books during workouts. Audible.com (they partner with Amazon) has great narrators and unabridged audio books. Some of their narrators are so good they've brought the story more to life for me than reading it myself.
  • 81jb
    81jb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Martian. Could not stop tell the end.
    The gift of fear. Interesting
    The hunger game book. It was ok
    Harry potters. I like them
    Steve job. Good
    *kitten* my dad say. Funny
    Ender game.
    Little princes. It cute
    The smartest kid in the world. Eye opener
    Every day I fight. Good sad story
    Seal team six. Good
    No easy day.good
    The giver . Really good and short
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Daring Greatly by Brenne Brown - I recommend it to anyone who is struggling with the happiness brought forward from being oneself.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    My school year book, it's about youthful high jinx and carefree days. But apparently it has a sad ending, they all grow up. ;-(
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

The Passage, The Twelve, and City of Mirrors (the last coming out in May) is a trilogy by Justin Cronin that is I believe what The Stand should have been. Cronin's a much better writer than King IMHO.
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I love the dark tower books. :)
    Dark Tower books...sigh. I wish I wouldn't have read the last one.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A Canticle for Leibowitz, a classic in the genre of post-apocalyptic sci-fi. I started it last summer then took several months off and picked it up again recently. I have strange reading habits.