Just for fun: normal foods or food combos you can't stand!!

Options

Replies

• smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options

- Most of my family make sandwiches with butter AND condiments (like mustard, mayo, etc..) I think it's the grossest thing ever. When I make my husband a sandwich, it pains me to put butter on first.
    - I think cheese on tuna salad is a close second for grossest thing ever. Whenever someone asks me if I want cheese with my tuna sandwich (like at Subway), I have to stop myself from shuddering before answering.
    - I can't stand untoasted bread. It MUST be toasted or I will not eat it. Doesn't matter if I'm going to be eating the sandwich in the next 5 minutes or if I'm making a sandwich the night before to bring with me for lunch the next day, it will still be toasted. My absolute least favourite untoasted bread is plain white bread which I think is just pasty.
    - Seafood is a big no-no, except for tuna (without cheese of course) and fish & chips (does either of these even count as sea food? lol)
    - The taste and smell of green peppers is enough to make my stomach queasy. If someone orders pizza that had green peppers, I can usually just pick them off, but the remaining taste is still sometimes too much.
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    PiSquared wrote: »
    You can't even really pick them off, because their taste will forever linger in the food.

My exact qualms with olives. <gag>

This.

And bologna ... how is that food?
  • Malzbell
    Malzbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dont like fish and tacos they just dont go
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I hate the flavor and don't understand how anyone could like it. It makes me shudder just to smell it.
    Collard greens are disgusting and bitter. Also anything that's pickled besides cucumbers is an abomination.
    Oh, one more thing. Goat cheese. WTF? It tastes like goats smell.

Not a fan of coffee either, unless it's a mocha.

Also tea and alcohol (sometimes I'll get a mixed drink with rum, but I'm talking 3-4 a year at most, and I haven't had any in almost two years).
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Icing. It makes me truly ill. I love cake but it better be naked or its a "no go"!

Donuts same as above.

Any organ meat.

Peas

Carrots

Cloves and Fennel
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @revolucia78 - no fried bologna with sandwich spread on white bread?!?!

@Malzbell - agreed. Always hated that combo.
    @smiles4jo - but never butter and ketchup, right?
    @KitchyWitchy - way too many times I've been invited to dinner and the host brings out a salad with goat cheese on it. I die slowly each time but suffer through it.
    @cross2bear - no ice cream?! None?
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Someone brought up cheesecake. ... I love a real one. Whatever this filler graham crust and sour cream topped cake I see so much in the south is.....it's not cheesecake. You can also keep the ridiculous flavors and toppings. Plain luscious thick rich not too sweet cheesecake is decadent.

Completely agree!

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    the cilantro thing is funny to me... i could eat it off of the bushel i literally die for cilantro haha.
    hate seafood but eat sushi (dont love it though)
    dont mind the flavor mushrooms give dispise the texture
    man i hate seafood
    my list is short i love food.

Did you know the cilantro thing is a genetic thing? Most people either like cilantro or are indifferent about it OR they think it tastes like dish soap. Apparently there's a gene that the people who taste the dishsoap has that allows them to detect some sort of chemical that's in cilantro (apparently that same chemical is in soap) so they think it tastes terrible. I LOVE cilantro! I could also eat a bushel.

Also, I really love all food except cooked celery (i'll eat raw any day) and onions in any form. ONIONs are the absolute DEVIL. I don't understand how anybody eats. them.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Oh. And what is the peanut butter and banana combo?!?! Shudder! Gasp! Gulp! Retch! I can't even picture it. On like warm toast, too?!?! :s
  • rbfdac
    Options
    Oh, and when my MIL was pregnant with my husband, she had terrrrrible morning sickness and could barely eat. The only thing that didn't make her sick was peanut butter and onion sandwiches.....
  • revolucia78
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    @revolucia78 - no fried bologna with sandwich spread on white bread?!?!

@Malzbell - agreed. Always hated that combo.
    @smiles4jo - but never butter and ketchup, right?
    @KitchyWitchy - way too many times I've been invited to dinner and the host brings out a salad with goat cheese on it. I die slowly each time but suffer through it.
    @cross2bear - no ice cream?! None?

To be fair, my issues with bologna stem from a traumatizing childhood experience with a bratty fellow 5th grader who told me that it was made of pig intestines (while I was eating it). I dropped my sandwich and never looked back.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Oh good lord, @rbfdac. If I keep reading, I'm gonna have to check how much pepto-bismol I have in the house!
  • Jessika29669
    Jessika29669 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like most foods, besides anything foul or putrid smelling when cooking, or stand alone like blue cheese. It tastes like the smell of feet, I recently dipped something in it when I thought it was ranch (vomit) yup, still hate it. Also, I hate seeing/hearing people chew, esp the popcorn smackers in the movie theater. Grosses me out.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    this was actually hard for me because i eat every GD thing ever.

- bitter melon. it looks like cantaloupe/honeydew when sliced, then you bite into it and get punched in the mouth
    - most proteins cooked over medium-rare (obviously not chicken and some others). beef tartare is my FAVORITE
    - skim milk. to quote Ron Swanson: "it's water that's lying about being milk". Whole milk or NOTHING
    - any kind of cheese with any kind of seafood. just.... no
    - tequila
  • revolucia78
    Options
    I like most foods, besides anything foul or putrid smelling when cooking, or stand alone like blue cheese. It tastes like the smell of feet, I recently dipped something in it when I thought it was ranch (vomit) yup, still hate it. Also, I hate seeing/hearing people chew, esp the popcorn smackers in the movie theater. Grosses me out.

I feel the same way about the noisy eaters!!
  • rbfdac
    Options
    Malzbell wrote: »
    I dont like fish and tacos they just dont go

I had delicious fish tacos for supper last night :smiley:
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the smell of corn nuts if I'm not the one eating them.....
  • rbfdac
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Icing. It makes me truly ill. I love cake but it better be naked or its a "no go"!

Donuts same as above.

Any organ meat.

Peas

Carrots

Cloves and Fennel

Whattttttttttttt??? Before this whole thang, I would put a tub of icing in the fridge and get a spoonful when I wanted something sweet.

Also, fennel and rosemary are the worse spices/herbs ever.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I still have a problem eating a BLT. I love toast, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce but there is something about putting them together that I don't care for.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    - all meat - chicken beef pork
    - mustard
    - cooked mushrooms
    - all peppers especially bell pepper
    - cilantro yes it does taste like soap
    - any kind of cooked bean
    - coconut its a texture thing I will drink coconut rum
    - bananas and anything banana flavored
    - cantaloupe