Just for fun: normal foods or food combos you can't stand!!

Options

Replies

• smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I still have a problem eating a BLT. I love toast, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce but there is something about putting them together that I don't care for.

Oh, I forgot about this one too! Don't like a leaf of lettuce on my sandwich or burger. Shredded lettuce - Yum! Big leaf of lettuce - I'll pick it off lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I hate oysters, olives and celery. Seriously won't eat anything that has either in them, unless the celery is cooked, then it's tolerable. I used to hate clams but maybe it was my mom's cooking, haven't dared trying again since... Don't really like mushrooms or canned tuna. Don't care for banana or mint flavored sweets. Don't like all the 'bacon maple' flavored stuff and I won't touch my bacon if anyone puts maple syrup on it (yuck). Ditto with bacon cookies or chocolate... just no.

Can't stand fennel seeds anymore either since I got a stomach virus and tried to have a salmon burger that had some in it too soon...

And chamomile. Makes me puke, seriously.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Can't stand bleu cheese or celery.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Icing. It makes me truly ill. I love cake but it better be naked or its a "no go"!

Donuts same as above.

Any organ meat.

Peas

Carrots

Cloves and Fennel

Whattttttttttttt??? Before this whole thang, I would put a tub of icing in the fridge and get a spoonful when I wanted something sweet.

Also, fennel and rosemary are the worse spices/herbs ever.

I would actually lose weight if I ate icing. It makes me vomit uncontrollably. All types. Has since I was a child. Sorry if that's tmi ;)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Ketchup. Seriously WTF. Why put flavorless slime all over decent food. No. Just no.

Strawberry yogurt. Tastes like mold. Artificially flavored strawberry ice cream too. But strawberry milk tastes great, natural or artificial flavored.

Watermelon. It tastes like sunscreen. I don't know why everyone is so damn crazy about it. Eew.

German tilsit cheese. Smells and tastes like a sweaty construction worker's sock that hasn't been washed in 20 years. There are just no words.

The single most putrid, disgusting vile thing on this planet is bubblegum. If I see, hear or smell somebody chewing it I gag, sometimes to the point of vomiting. If I see it discarded on the street I have to look away or I gag. I can't handle it.

Maybe I have issues.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    PiSquared wrote: »
    Raisin Bran. We used to get Raisin Bran cereal all the time as a kid, because it was one of the few things my brother would eat, and my mother had only so much energy to spend on food battles. I used to eat around the raisins. Honestly, I wish they just sold the sweetened bran flakes without the raisins. Regular bran flakes aren't sweet like Raisin Bran flakes.

I also don't like raisins in my oatmeal cookies. Chocolate chips, yes; raisins, no. I'd rather just have a plain oatmeal cookie than one with raisins in it.

The only place raisins belong are oatmeal spice cookies. Cinnamon raisin bagels/breads are an abomination.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    The tuna melt had no cheese or no bread? I don't think it is a tuna melt without cheese... without bread it is just a strange pile.

I don't really like tuna melts.
    I don't care for bacon added to sweet things.
    I don't like marshmallows on my sweet potatoes.
    I don't like clove, pineapple or a sweet glaze on ham.
    I hate ketchup. I gagged as a kid when my mom would make meatloaf with ketchup on top. The thought of ketchup on eggs or rice makes me queasy.
    Cupcakes with 3" of frosting annoy me. I prefer a thin layer of frosting.
    Raisins are gross.
    Hate cucumbers. Don't contaminate my salad with cucumbers.
    To me cilantro makes food inedible.
    I don't like corn dogs, boiled hot dogs... hot dogs need to be somewhat charred.
    I dislike the texture of tapioca pudding.
    Not a fan of seafood, lobster, clams, snails.
    Salty popcorn is great. Not a fan of sweet popcorn.
    Sweet tea is horrible to me. No lemon or fruit tea.
    I despise artificially fruit flavored things... especially grape or banana.

Yes to all of the bolded ones. Absolutely no artificial banana! Had a really bad experience involving a large quantity of gritty, banana-flavored barium for a medical test.

I also hate mushrooms, radishes and coffee. I don't really care for green chile in sweets although red chile can be ok.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I thought of more. Iceberg lettuce. If it has touched my food at all I taste it through my entire dish even if it was just a sliver.

JELLO! IT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING VILE FOOD LIKE SUBSTANCE HUMANS HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO.

I have never tried coffee and never will because the smell makes my stomach hurt.

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'll eat just about anything. My only issues seem to be texture-related.

If there's celery or onion in my tuna/chicken salad, I can't chew it, and have to just swallow bites without chewing.
    Can't eat jell-o or gummies.
    Oddly, clams, oysters etc don't bother me in the least.

I think that's about it.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I thought of more. Iceberg lettuce. If it has touched my food at all I taste it through my entire dish even if it was just a sliver.

JELLO! IT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING VILE FOOD LIKE SUBSTANCE HUMANS HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO.

I have never tried coffee and never will because the smell makes my stomach hurt.

I can't even do a jello-shot.
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dehydrated fruit, it tastes like chalk. I especially can't stand the ones in cereal, I'd rather eat the cardboard box it came in ... at least it will taste better.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @Lounmoun - yes. It was a pile of warm tuna, cheese, and bread. She'd just thought I'd remove the bread and love it - NOT!

@Need2Exerc1se - no Little Debbie's at all? It's only once or twice a year on a road trip, but I must have a range of Little Debbie cakes with Cheetos for the ride. (Not the spicy ones)

And while I'm at it. Yogurt?! It's a container of curdled milk! And ricotta cheese?!?! No no no!!!!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    How did I forget to list lettuce??? It has the most disgusting flavor! My husband says it just tastes like water, but not to me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ANY type of seafood
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eggs.
    Raw tomato.
    Prawns.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    No Celery
    No Onions unless in onion rings
    No Milk except for chocolate milk. I could not possibly drink white milk and haven't since I was a little girl.
    No Mushrooms of any sort. I don't care if it's almost like a burger. It's a fungus.
    No Coconut or hazelnut. Even the smells give me migraines.
    All eggs must be cooked HARD. decimated.
    All meat well done. I know it makes it tough. I can't see any red when I eat it. Butterfly my filet mignon, cook it well and stfu!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Got sick on fried bread dough as a teen. To this day I cannot stand the smell of it at carnivals, I want to vomit all over again!
    Clams/Oysters
    Sugar in coffee
    My mom buttered bread for PB&J and tunafish sandwiches when I was growing up. 1/4 inch thick at least. So gross!
    Canned soup
    Probably more but those are my top
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Like, I understand that sweet potatoes are the In Paleo Food, but oh my god they are disgusting. Disgusting. There is literally nothing you can put on them to make them acceptable. They are unsalvageable.

Also, I hate all seafood except crab. And brie looks like snot and doesn't taste much better.