Just for fun: normal foods or food combos you can't stand!!

Options

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I grew up in the foster care system... one family I lived with I always used to get a margarine / butter sandwich with this meat that had like pieces of macaroni and cheese in it.

Crap scarred me for my sandwich life lol!

Lol I dont know why I believed them about the figs hahaha. Thank you!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »
    - Butter on the inside of a non grilled sandwich. Yuck.

I don't think I've ever known anyone to put butter on the inside of a sandwich, grilled or otherwise. Just put butter on like other do mayo or mustard? That doesn't sound good to me either.

My grandpa (who grew up during the Great Depression) ate butter and radish sandwiches. They're actually quite tasty.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :D Not sure why some of these made me laugh out loud!! "Weird food issues!" Ha. I'm surprised to see melons mentioned pretty often! @peleroja - yeah, I forgot eggs with cheese. Can't even look at it. My father cooked them together - and they were always soft. And how could I forget: cottage cheese! What even is that? I'm scarred. I was always a great student and the only only time i was close to getting in trouble was when my home economics (yeah, I'm kinda old/ish) warned everyone she was going to check the pockets of every student before we left class. She must've seen me shove the "meal" of cottage cheese on a bed of lettuce topped with a sliced pear from a can in my pocket. We were supposed to eat it! Shudder!!@LushFix- I don't think i'll ever think of Brie cheese the same way again
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands - did you mean meatballs?! You did, right?! Right? :o
  • LushFix
    Options
    Hahah sorry!!!
  • LushFix
    Options
    Oi... those are some large prairie oysters.....
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cilantro is icky and prepackaged chocolate chip cookies are gross. I'd rather have no cookies.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    the cilantro thing is funny to me... i could eat it off of the bushel i literally die for cilantro haha.
    hate seafood but eat sushi (dont love it though)
    dont mind the flavor mushrooms give dispise the texture
    man i hate seafood
    my list is short i love food.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    LushFix wrote: »
    - Butter on the inside of a non grilled sandwich. Yuck.

I don't think I've ever known anyone to put butter on the inside of a sandwich, grilled or otherwise. Just put butter on like other do mayo or mustard? That doesn't sound good to me either.

My grandpa (who grew up during the Great Depression) ate butter and radish sandwiches. They're actually quite tasty.

take a french baguette some nice butter some radishes and salt. um heaven!
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    There are so few foods I don't like. I think that's part of my problem.

I have made my peace with onions. I appreciate what they do as a foundation for many dishes. I will eat them cooked into something, but I will never truly love onions. I don't think I could ever stomach an onion ring, or a blooming onion. I don't want a big slice of onion on my burger, nor do I want them in my salad. Oddly, I like onion bagels and Funyuns,so I don't think it's a flavor thing. I also eat chives, leeks, scallions, ramps, shallots, and garlic with no problem, and one might even say with gusto in a few cases. I'm weird, I know.

I also do not like bell peppers. I'm getting better with them, and am slowly trying to make my peace. So far, I can only really stomach red bell peppers. Preferably roasted (and preferably homemade, not the store bought jarred kind). I don't think I'll ever like green peppers. Blech. You can't even really pick them off, because their taste will forever linger in the food. I have no problems with hot peppers.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can't force myself to eat any food with mustard on it when cheese is on it. The mustard--cheese combo is awful. I also don't eat any food on my plate that has touched another food on my plate. No mixing or touching of food.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    PiSquared wrote: »
    You can't even really pick them off, because their taste will forever linger in the food.

My exact qualms with olives. <gag>
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands. I would've responded earlier but I had to go research how many calories were in a shot of rum which I needed to down after viewing what I viewed. :D@LushFix - prairie oysters? Never ever heard of that. And I thought chittlins were bad...
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Chocolate? Good. Bacon? Good? Chocolate covered bacon? So not good.
  • LushFix
    Options
    Prairie oysters is what we Alberta call cattle balls. (Testicles) which I'm pretty sure is what is in the picture.
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Coffee. I hate the flavor and don't understand how anyone could like it. It makes me shudder just to smell it.
    Collard greens are disgusting and bitter. Also anything that's pickled besides cucumbers is an abomination.
    Oh, one more thing. Goat cheese. WTF? It tastes like goats smell.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran. We used to get Raisin Bran cereal all the time as a kid, because it was one of the few things my brother would eat, and my mother had only so much energy to spend on food battles. I used to eat around the raisins. Honestly, I wish they just sold the sweetened bran flakes without the raisins. Regular bran flakes aren't sweet like Raisin Bran flakes.

I also don't like raisins in my oatmeal cookies. Chocolate chips, yes; raisins, no. I'd rather just have a plain oatmeal cookie than one with raisins in it.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I hate the flavor and don't understand how anyone could like it. It makes me shudder just to smell it.
    Collard greens are disgusting and bitter. Also anything that's pickled besides cucumbers is an abomination.

You sound like my husband! He'll happily make me my coffee every morning, but he's never had a cup in his life and can't understand why I like it so much.

• LushFix
    Options

Check my diary. It's almost like a food group for me a hahaha I also drink it strong and black.

Oo in love dill pickle anything. But bread and butter (sweet pickles) gross