Just for fun: normal foods or food combos you can't stand!!

Options

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »
    the cilantro thing is funny to me... i could eat it off of the bushel i literally die for cilantro haha.
    hate seafood but eat sushi (dont love it though)
    dont mind the flavor mushrooms give dispise the texture
    man i hate seafood
    my list is short i love food.

Did you know the cilantro thing is a genetic thing? Most people either like cilantro or are indifferent about it OR they think it tastes like dish soap. Apparently there's a gene that the people who taste the dishsoap has that allows them to detect some sort of chemical that's in cilantro (apparently that same chemical is in soap) so they think it tastes terrible. I LOVE cilantro! I could also eat a bushel.

Also, I really love all food except cooked celery (i'll eat raw any day) and onions in any form. ONIONs are the absolute DEVIL. I don't understand how anybody eats. them.

i have heard that! im just glad i dont have that gene because i love it so much ha! I also heard that asparagus makes EVERYONES pee stink but only some people can smell it.. not sure if thats true. Makes my pee smell so dang awful
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    - all meat - chicken beef pork
    - mustard
    - cooked mushrooms
    - all peppers especially bell pepper
    - cilantro yes it does taste like soap
    - any kind of cooked bean
    - coconut its a texture thing I will drink coconut rum
    - bananas and anything banana flavored
    - cantaloupe
    - purple grapes
    - any kind of pineapple flavoring love fresh pineapple
    - maraschino cherries
    - raisins the Devil's fruit
    - chunks of onion in my food
    - nut baked in my food
    - oysters
    - blue cheese
    - olives

literally LOVE and eat everyone on this list except oysters ha.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Chicken with cheese on it. I can eat dishes with both chicken and cheese in them, but something like a chicken burger with cheese on it disgusts me.

Peanut butter in oatmeal. I love peanut butter and I love oatmeal, but the one time I combined them I nearly vomited.

Most seafood makes me gag. I'll eat tuna or the very bland types of fish, but mostly it's just tolerable - I don't actually like it that much.

Tomato chunks. I hate the texture of the inside of a tomato. I enjoy tomato sauces though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I forgot another one: hardboiled egg yolks. It ruins the taste.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    spinach rice casserole - I love spinach, I love rice, and I love cheese - but the smell of that casserole makes me physically ill - also the smell of creamed corn makes me sick.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I forgot another one: hardboiled egg yolks. It ruins the taste.

Agree!! Bleck.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Ewwww walnuts. How did I forget walnuts?
    My #1 nemesis :s
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Salt and vinegar potato chips, but only because I got sick after eating them. Not because of them, they just happened to be the last I ate before puking my guts out. Just the thought or smell of salt and vinegar chips makes my stomach turn. It's a shame because they used to be a favorite of mine

I also don't like runny egg yolks. As Guy Fieri says it's liquid chicken... Weirdly, I like scrambled eggs.

Turnips are pretty awful, as are Lima beans.

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    puffbrat wrote: »
    How did I forget to list lettuce??? It has the most disgusting flavor! My husband says it just tastes like water, but not to me.

It tastes like dirty water that slimy things had swum in.

That is almost exactly how I describe it when Ppl ask why I don't like it
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    The tuna melt had no cheese or no bread? I don't think it is a tuna melt without cheese... without bread it is just a strange pile.

I don't really like tuna melts.
    I don't care for bacon added to sweet things.
    I don't like marshmallows on my sweet potatoes.
    I don't like clove, pineapple or a sweet glaze on ham.
    Cupcakes with 3" of frosting annoy me. I prefer a thin layer of frosting.
    I don't like corn dogs
    I dislike the texture of tapioca pudding.
    Not a fan of snails.
    Salty popcorn is great. Not a fan of sweet popcorn.
    Sweet tea is horrible to me. No lemon or fruit tea.
    I despise artificially fruit flavored things... especially grape or banana.

with some adjustments, these are many for me.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    @revolucia78 - no fried bologna with sandwich spread on white bread?!?!

@Malzbell - agreed. Always hated that combo.
    @smiles4jo - but never butter and ketchup, right?
    @KitchyWitchy - way too many times I've been invited to dinner and the host brings out a salad with goat cheese on it. I die slowly each time but suffer through it.
    @cross2bear - no ice cream?! None?

No - no ice cream - Bletch!!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    PiSquared wrote: »
    Raisin Bran. We used to get Raisin Bran cereal all the time as a kid, because it was one of the few things my brother would eat, and my mother had only so much energy to spend on food battles. I used to eat around the raisins. Honestly, I wish they just sold the sweetened bran flakes without the raisins. Regular bran flakes aren't sweet like Raisin Bran flakes.

I also don't like raisins in my oatmeal cookies. Chocolate chips, yes; raisins, no. I'd rather just have a plain oatmeal cookie than one with raisins in it.

sMTynMj.png
    7d53772a443d1c572738f9b5de752f6dac5ea11f4587908e244509c29cc13a3f.jpg
    d8b089c6136a10fe746aab0ce901417b4b15908ae383f14384ca30511738250d.jpg
    aTusrGm.jpg

• courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I will not eat eggs, any fish or seafood with canned tuna the only exception, and I can't deal with soup beans.
    I used to hate onions and all peppers but they've recently become favorites to cook with.
    Also cilantro. It has a soapy taste to it for me, but not exactly like soap which I find pleasant.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Sorry I came here. Some of the posts make me sad.

I hate mint stuff.

Bye. Leaving now before depression sets in. Going back to the Oreo thread for happy thoughts.

You better leave now for hating all the glorious mint things.

I can't do sweet/salty at the same time. Chocolate? Love. Pretzels? Love. Chocolate covered pretzels? No thanks.

Also melons, red delicious apples (I'll eat all the others, but that has no taste), and cooked carrots.

Ha! when I was pregnant with all three of my kids I would dip McDonald's fries into a chocolate shake...Loved the sweet salty combo
    Still like it, but haven't dipped in 15 years :blush:
  • law102189
    Options
    Coffee. I hate the flavor and don't understand how anyone could like it. It makes me shudder just to smell it.
    Collard greens are disgusting and bitter. Also anything that's pickled besides cucumbers is an abomination.
    Oh, one more thing. Goat cheese. WTF? It tastes like goats smell.

Totally agree with the goat cheese-yuck!
  • law102189
    Options
    Ditto on the organ meats. Love the smell of liver and onions cooking but can't even choke down one little piece.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Totally hate sweet and savoury mixed.
    Things like pineapple on pizza, fruit in curry, fruit with cheese, or chocolate flavour crisps. Love sweet stuff, love savoury but not together.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anything pickled
    Mushrooms
    Most things with a slimy texture
    Olives
    Grapefruit, or general bitterness
    Mayo
    Anchovies
    Mustard

I'll probably add more later... Im kind of a picky eater still, but I've come a LONG way from where I used to be lol
  • dalem54494
    dalem54494 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    mustard
    olives
    hard boiled egg yolks
    mayonnaise
    bologna
    licorice or anything licorice/anise flavored
    raw onion
    spaghetti squash
    cantaloupe
    salmon
    steak
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Boiled eggs. I feel like gagging just thinking about them. The texture of egg yolks is a non-food item and the slimy, firm white part is shudder worthy.
    Oh, one more. Kettle Corn. I tried some once and threw out the whole bag because I thought it was spoiled. Nope, that's just the way it tastes.