Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Maintaining on 1400 calories.....

13»

Replies

• fiddletimefiddletime Posts: 1,830Member Member Posts: 1,830Member Member
    61 and 5'2". Been maintaining on 1340 for 3 months. Eat exercise calories back. Would love to eat more!
  • nxd10nxd10 Posts: 4,445Member, Premium Member Posts: 4,445Member, Premium Member
    How much you burn doing activities like yoga or tai chi depend entirely on how you do them. My husband teaches tai chi and works up a huge sweat in slow motion with shaking muscles from exertion. Or you can kind of stand still and slop your hands around.

I can never figure out what to do with music - I play a lot. I don't count it but have to be careful that my pedometer doesn't pick up banjo or bodhran playing and count it as exercise. :)
  • ginalove1960ginalove1960 Posts: 59Member Member Posts: 59Member Member
    I quit doing yoga because it took too long to do. Now,, I am doing 100 burpees a day, spread throughout the day. A lot easier. I still play piano.
  • TavistockToadTavistockToad Posts: 34,107Member Member Posts: 34,107Member Member
    Playing piano... that well known form of cardio....
    edited March 2016
  • LovelifeyouliveLovelifeyoulive Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    fiddletime wrote: »
    61 and 5'2". Been maintaining on 1340 for 3 months. Eat exercise calories back. Would love to eat more!

Did you experience any hair losloss from eating at 1340?
  • fiddletimefiddletime Posts: 1,830Member Member Posts: 1,830Member Member
    fiddletime wrote: »

Did you experience any hair losloss from eating at 1340?

Not at all.

• mk2fitmk2fit Posts: 718Member Member Posts: 718Member Member
    Sweating doesn't mean anything. Hell, I sweat in my sleep! (Am I burning extra calories with hot flashes?)
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 1,514Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,514Member, Premium Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I play accordion, calories burned and weight lift at the same time!

Impressive...
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 8,863Member Member Posts: 8,863Member Member
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I must admit, I play the banjo and my apple watch counts those movements as if they were steps. But they're not. If I don't take it off, I eat too much and my weight creeps up. I'm sure performing burns something. But not as much as steps.

I don't count my banjo playing either. I don't even count it as music, let alone count the calories. ;) (Not a banjo diss: It's that I'm still a newb. My playing pretty much stinks. Gonna keep working . . . . ;) ).

OP, if your weight is stable over multiple months, and you're enjoying life at that calorie level, what you're doing to maintain is working. It doesn't matter what others think.
13»