Maintaining on 1400 calories.....

13»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    61 and 5'2". Been maintaining on 1340 for 3 months. Eat exercise calories back. Would love to eat more!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    How much you burn doing activities like yoga or tai chi depend entirely on how you do them. My husband teaches tai chi and works up a huge sweat in slow motion with shaking muscles from exertion. Or you can kind of stand still and slop your hands around.

I can never figure out what to do with music - I play a lot. I don't count it but have to be careful that my pedometer doesn't pick up banjo or bodhran playing and count it as exercise. :)
  • ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    I quit doing yoga because it took too long to do. Now,, I am doing 100 burpees a day, spread throughout the day. A lot easier. I still play piano.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2016
    Playing piano... that well known form of cardio....
  • Lovelifeyoulive
    Lovelifeyoulive Posts: 19 Member
    fiddletime wrote: »
    61 and 5'2". Been maintaining on 1340 for 3 months. Eat exercise calories back. Would love to eat more!

Did you experience any hair losloss from eating at 1340?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    fiddletime wrote: »

Did you experience any hair losloss from eating at 1340?

Not at all.

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Sweating doesn't mean anything. Hell, I sweat in my sleep! (Am I burning extra calories with hot flashes?)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I play accordion, calories burned and weight lift at the same time!

Impressive...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I must admit, I play the banjo and my apple watch counts those movements as if they were steps. But they're not. If I don't take it off, I eat too much and my weight creeps up. I'm sure performing burns something. But not as much as steps.

I don't count my banjo playing either. I don't even count it as music, let alone count the calories. ;) (Not a banjo diss: It's that I'm still a newb. My playing pretty much stinks. Gonna keep working . . . . ;) ).

OP, if your weight is stable over multiple months, and you're enjoying life at that calorie level, what you're doing to maintain is working. It doesn't matter what others think.