Canadians Assemble!!

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Maximus wrote: »
    Texas (because Canada wishes it was part of Texas)

No we don't. We're scared of guns and crazy people.

Not all Canadians are scared of guns, some of us own them. Crazy Texan's don't scare me either. Bring it on.... LOL

Uh oh. @Maximus looks like you have a challenge here!!!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm born and raised in Calgary, although I live in Airdrie now but close enough! Looking for a new Canadian friend, please add me!

Up the highway in Red Deer
  • Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I miss 5 cent jugs at the Queens hotel
    Wait what, 5 cents? Beer? Whaaaaat

Yep, every Thursday when I was in college
    Hell I would miss that too and probably never lose weight
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    ☃ snowy SK here - hi everyone
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options

Not all Canadians are scared of guns, some of us own them. Crazy Texan's don't scare me either. Bring it on.... LOL

Valid point. Bad wording on my part.
    We are scared of crazy people WITH guns
    FIFY
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 993 Member
    Options

Valid point. Bad wording on my part.
    We are scared of crazy people WITH guns
    FIFY

Ok in true Canadian fashion I agree with that... LOL
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    jnichel wrote: »

Don't be hating us awesome people

I'm allowed.
  • JUknowPK
    JUknowPK Posts: 482 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Edmonton, Alberta, add me if you want to add Canadian content
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    lisa9805 wrote: »
    So western canadians... I need some recommendations for places to stay (hotels or apt i can rent for a week) from alberta to bc. also places i should stop at...

Where specifically? Are you flying or driving?

flying to calgary. driving from calgary to Edmonton then back to calgary before going through banff to bc
  • lisa9805
    Options
    So western canadians... I need some recommendations for places to stay (hotels or apt i can rent for a week) from alberta to bc. also places i should stop at...

You have to do the Canmore, Banff, and Jasper thing if you'really heading this way

yeah i believe i will be passing through there on the way.
  • lisa9805
    Options
    so did anyone else get the crazy weather last night? winter ice storm in ontario caused power outages, downed trees and power lines, so much ice its crazy.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    We got a bit. No power outage for us but then again during the big ice storm we never lost power either even with a live power line across our street for a week. weird winter weather theis year
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Had 2 days of freezing rain, still have power but lots of branches down
    Our driveway is down hill and when I got home last night I missed the garage door by 1/2 a foot
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    Basically missed us. The East of where we are, not even that far maybe 20Km, they got a lot more. Same with those North and South of us. Maybe it was some sort of lake effect that kept the air temperature just that little bit warmer. Either way, other than a huge amount of rain, we didn't have much.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Bowden alberta
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Crazy freezing rain here in GTA. Everything is covered in a thick sheet of ice. Thankfully Sunday is supposed to be 12 degrees
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Crazy freezing rain here in GTA. Everything is covered in a thick sheet of ice. Thankfully Sunday is supposed to be 12 degrees

Crazy stuff when you get that. I lived in Newmarket once and it happened one spring day. I couldn't even drive off my street.
    Options
    so did anyone else get the crazy weather last night? winter ice storm in ontario caused power outages, downed trees and power lines, so much ice its crazy.

Nope. Gorgeous on the West Coast. Went for a run today wearing a tank top. I might be bragging just a little, how unCanadian of me. Sorry. Sorry Sorry ;)
    edited March 2016
    Options

flying to calgary. driving from calgary to Edmonton then back to calgary before going through banff to bc

With kids or without? There's an amazing place near Revelstoke that's a treetop climbing adventure park. They have adult and kid courses. skytrekadventurepark.com/

Right beside it is the Enchanted Forest which I haven't been into but have heard it's very cool too: http://www.enchantedforestbc.com/

There's also Radium Hotsprings which is nice and relaxing.

Oh and if you have kids (or even if you don't), you need to check out Drumheller. Do some hiking amongst the hoodoos and the museum is a MUST. I'm not much of a dinosaur lover but that place is absolutely amazing. traveldrumheller.com/

Where is your final destination in BC? Vancouver? Fraser Valley?
    Me and hubby drove with our son this past summer from the west coast through Calgary to Edmonton and camped/ explored along the way. It's a gorgeous part of the country.
  • lisa9805
    Options
    with an 11 yr old and 17yr old and grandma.
    final destination is abbotsford but will be going to the island for a bit too