My Progress As It Goes (Pics)

Options

Replies

• Lovoas
    Lovoas Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

Here's a little something to keep the thread going. I cannot believe I'm almost at a year's mark!!!!!!
    15658114_352291451812971_502473967_o.png?oh=9cda59df3fe863f84271cd6b662c7a78&oe=585E9152
  • Obxdee
    Obxdee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lovoas wrote: »
    Anniversary Update!!!

Lost a total of 113LB since January 4th 2016.

Start Weight (Despite the video, I estimated in it to the nearest 10th): 292lb
    Goal Weight: 200lb by January 2017.
    Current Weight: 179lb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1D2zTEQyc

15895221_358686717840111_6537990044257004460_n.jpg?oh=eaa6187db8fa1b08b7c86d703b72b37c&oe=58D5EB53

Your video and progress are inspiring! I actually started this year Jan 4, 2017- I actually wrote in my bio and journal - I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am going to borrow your quote, My mind, body and soul were all in motion, as my mantra as well! Thank you for sharing your journey, you have given me courage to take my photos, and keep my progress documented, I will share with others as you have done! Great work and again thanks for sharing your journey for all to share in your success!
  • Lovoas
    Options
    Obxdee wrote: »
    Anniversary Update!!!

Lost a total of 113LB since January 4th 2016.

Start Weight (Despite the video, I estimated in it to the nearest 10th): 292lb
    Goal Weight: 200lb by January 2017.
    Current Weight: 179lb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1D2zTEQyc

15895221_358686717840111_6537990044257004460_n.jpg?oh=eaa6187db8fa1b08b7c86d703b72b37c&oe=58D5EB53

Your video and progress are inspiring! I actually started this year Jan 4, 2017- I actually wrote in my bio and journal - I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am going to borrow your quote, My mind, body and soul were all in motion, as my mantra as well! Thank you for sharing your journey, you have given me courage to take my photos, and keep my progress documented, I will share with others as you have done! Great work and again thanks for sharing your journey for all to share in your success!

Thank you! I'm glad this inspires you. I look forward to seeing your success. :)
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Josita62 wrote: »
    Great job! What has helped you the most in your weight loss effort?

Honestly, tracking my meals, and work outs helped a lot.

I play a lot of video games, and online MMORPGs, so I took the mindset I had for those games, and I applied that in real life.
    I would put a lot of work on my characters online, and want them to be the best with their stats (STR if melee base, INT if magic base), and would work on it hard until my character was perfect to my standards.

So, I thought: Why not do that to myself in real life? Afterall, I only get one shot at life, unlike in games where you can delete and remake a character.

So I started working hard on it. I started to see my calorie deficit as a daily allowance. Did my best not to go over it, and spend my allowance wisely. My work outs were like farming in game (or working), so I tackled working out as if playing an MMORPG boss battle, and looting it's drops for gold --in this case, calorie burn.

Another way to see it is finance.

If you have 20$ to spend in a day, would you spend it all at once, or would you use it wisely throughout the day and even have a bit of change left over?
    That's how I did it, and how it worked for me.

This is the best approach to weight loss I have ever seen, I'm going to send this to my husband (he loves gaming), maybe it will click with him as well!
    Also, congrats, you look awesome!
  • Lovoas
    Options
    Josita62 wrote: »
    Great job! What has helped you the most in your weight loss effort?

Honestly, tracking my meals, and work outs helped a lot.

I play a lot of video games, and online MMORPGs, so I took the mindset I had for those games, and I applied that in real life.
    I would put a lot of work on my characters online, and want them to be the best with their stats (STR if melee base, INT if magic base), and would work on it hard until my character was perfect to my standards.

So, I thought: Why not do that to myself in real life? Afterall, I only get one shot at life, unlike in games where you can delete and remake a character.

So I started working hard on it. I started to see my calorie deficit as a daily allowance. Did my best not to go over it, and spend my allowance wisely. My work outs were like farming in game (or working), so I tackled working out as if playing an MMORPG boss battle, and looting it's drops for gold --in this case, calorie burn.

Another way to see it is finance.

If you have 20$ to spend in a day, would you spend it all at once, or would you use it wisely throughout the day and even have a bit of change left over?
    That's how I did it, and how it worked for me.

This is the best approach to weight loss I have ever seen, I'm going to send this to my husband (he loves gaming), maybe it will click with him as well!
    Also, congrats, you look awesome!

Thanks, ahaha. It makes the whole thing really fun tbh.
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have to say that you are so awesome. I follow this thread to keep me motivated towards my goal.

You are truly an inspiration, not only to myself but so many others.

Thank you
  • Lovoas
    Options
    I have to say that you are so awesome. I follow this thread to keep me motivated towards my goal.

You are truly an inspiration, not only to myself but so many others.

Thank you

This means a lot to me. I'm so glad I inspire you, and many others.In a way, I didn't just lose weight for myself in the end. I ended up also losing weight to let people know that they can do it, too.

If there's a will there's a way!
  • Lovoas
    Options
    i can't believe this thread is almost a year old.
  • Jeprout66
    Jeprout66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You've definitely come a long way since you were 15.

Love the No Face in the background too <3<3<3
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    MFP Rockstar! B)
  • JudyHopps2
    JudyHopps2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this pictures here - I am inspired. Losing all the extra weight gives us so many more options.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is truly inspiring! Looking at the first clip in that video, you even sounded tired! The energy and enthusiasm in your voice later is astonishing. You are like a totally different person. Congrats!
  • Lovoas
    Options
    Aw, thanks everyone! :) Means so much to me!
  • sarahills
    sarahills Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • burgersnfries87
    burgersnfries87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing. The parts that stand out to me - that you were able to wrench yourself out of the no-energy, sad place you were, and that you had the stamina to just keep going and going. Kudos to you.
    What keeps you going these days? Do you have certain tips, tricks, rules that work for you?
  • Lovoas
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing. The parts that stand out to me - that you were able to wrench yourself out of the no-energy, sad place you were, and that you had the stamina to just keep going and going. Kudos to you.
    What keeps you going these days? Do you have certain tips, tricks, rules that work for you?

aw, thanks.

What keeps me going is the thought that all my efforts now will pay off later in life, and my hopes are to be able to grow old with grace, and overcome the illnesses that I can prevent with taking care of myself.

I also love how with time, I actually look younger than I did when I started. I got ID'd to watch a rated R movie with my friend just last month, can you believe that? I'm almost 24 years old, and got ID'd for a movie! Meaning, when I shave I guess I look like a teenager, but with my beard I look more my age. Even though back then, I looked like I was in my late 20s early 30s.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!