In for the ridiculous condemnation of...

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    happybirthday.jpg

Cake ....... definitely :laugh:
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Pasta. I friggin LOVE pasta so much so ill be making atuffed pasta shells for dinner tonight. Take that diet.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it counts as food, but I love Rum! :drinker:

It kills me that alcohol is such an evil thing to the whole losing weight process.

And this but for me it is good old jack daniels---we have a special bond me and him
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We see it all the time in the forums. This food is bad... that food is bad. And usually supported with some terrible anecdotal evidence or poorly collected data from a coorelational study. Coorelation =/= Causation.

But the truth is food is just food with varying levels of nutritional benefit.

My favorite condemned food, according to the MFP forums, is sugar; a substance your body requires to perform any action... but wait... some people's bodies can't handle it so that must be what makes us fat.

What are your favorite condemned foods?

I'm with you! Sugar is my favorite condemned food. I think it's a great pre-workout energy boost! :drinker:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I friggin LOVE pasta so much so ill be making atuffed pasta shells for dinner tonight. Take that diet.

Know what's better than pasta?

CHEESE STUFFED PASTA
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Peanut-butter on toast with honey

And

Bacon
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    chocolate and peanut butter sandwiches

Chinese take away

Pizza

Cornish pasties

An many, many more...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    milk

processed foods

refined sugars
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Due to time constraints I ate fast food twice for meal yesterday. Made sure I met my protein and fat goal, but stayed under in calories. And no gain in weight this morning. Amazing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Pizza, alcohol, ice cream.....I had all these in the last 3 days......moderation folks....

Except for the 14 Malibu rum and cokes I had Sat. night.....in 1 hour....hey they were free....
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options

Know what's better than pasta?

CHEESE STUFFED PASTA

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!?
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I love diet soda.

it takes care of my sweet cravings when I don't have the calories to spare on a slice of pie,

I also love slices of pie.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My favorite is...

BOOZE! Ha!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Salt. I stupidly thought all salt was evil so the lower the better. When I had my blood checked, I was low on sodium. I am under doctor's orders to increase my sodium consumption, lol. :drinker:
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Bananas. Bananas! BANANAS!

Stop using the rotting banana as the "five foods you should never eat" logo, or I'll never click your scam web link, ever!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
    Bacon
    Cheese
    Pizza
    Chocolate
    chips
    Steak
    Hamburgers
    Butter
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Namely vodka. I like my cocktails!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The fat from any meat like steak or pork, most people cut it off because they say it taste nasty and it really bad for you but I happen to love the fat. Just think of a nice steak hot off the grill with a thin layer of fat all around it, OMG it is the best, or when you cook one of those hams in the oven that has the layer of fat around it that gets all nice and crispy. I miss it but I do eat it occassionally because it taste oh so good.

OMG! I think I love you. When I was a kid, I would grab the fat my family would cut off steaks, roasts, etc and eat it before they could throw it away. Fat tastes nasty? I beg to differ. Fat is where all the flavor is.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Beer. Yes, you can lose weight and still have a drink.

Coffee (or any non-water beverage for that matter). Yes, they do hydrate you. No, it doesn't have to be "pure" water.

Ice cream. I can eat it as a prediabetic. So can you.

Processed foods. I have a busy life. Shoot me.

Restaurant food. I eat out. A lot. You can do it and still not go over your calorie goal. Just chose wisely and watch the portions.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Chinese take away

An many, many more...

Ahh yes. Chinese food. I love it. However, the sodium makes me gain the next day. Not that it isn't all sweated and flushed out the next evening.