AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
Are you ready to Spring Forward?
March 13, 2016
!*! HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY !*!
March 17, 2016
*!* HAPPY EASTER *!*
March 27, 2016
*!* MARCH 2016 Walking Challenge *!*
This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges, we are walking into the 3rd month of the new year *YAY Keep going!*. Each month has its own thread.
*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you cannot track distance (or do not want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you will be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise you are getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other. Remember, you can track by steps, distance (miles or kilometers), time, etc.
RULES:
*no bullying
*no pressure
*just walking, dancing, stepping, hiking, anything to get you moving.
*just lace up the shoes and take a walk!
*anyone can join in at any time.
Frequently Asked:
Is there a way to flag this thread or do we have to search for it every time?

There is a star in the corner (right) you can click that to favorite the topic. It will always be on the right when you enter the community area. You can click the star once back in the forums and it shows you the topic you starred.

qgbxlc3p9zhs.jpg

Replies

• Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well I am down for this!! I can use the motivation!!
  • hunnibee003
    hunnibee003 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay, this is what I've been looking for! I love walking and am ready to start again after some knee trouble & general laziness this winter.
    I'm setting a goal of 1000 active minutes for March.
    I'm always looking for MFP friends so feel free to add me.
  • 1idd
    1idd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just bought a vivo smart and could use the motivation.
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    More the merrier! Welcome walkers!
  • WinterCrystal
    WinterCrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Waiting on fitbit to arrive to count steps, and then I'm in
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Im def doing this
  • ashleysnedekerry
    ashleysnedekerry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to do this. First time dieter lol
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ok, count me in. Going out town on Friday, but will not be able to start properly until Tuesday March 8th.

I have been waiting for Mr. Winter to leave so that I can welcome Mrs. Spring.
  • aunteenem59
    aunteenem59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    GOAL: 400,000 steps
    Days in: 0
    Total Steps: 0
    Steps to reach goal: 400,000

March 01 - XX steps
  • lacmoser
    lacmoser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goal: to walk period! Not an exerciser. Need to be held accountable. Want to get in atleast 10 minutes a day over normal "working" walks.
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Thank you AlphaHowls for coordinating this! I am back on MFP after a few years tied up in a work implementation project that ate my life. I am down for this challenge!
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    I ended February with - 29 days walked
    Total Exercise Steps:749,607
    Total Steps: 854,528
    Total Miles: 383.18

This morning, I am sick. I had a sore throat yesterday and tried to ignore it, but looks like it will have its way with me anyway. I will still try to get some steps in, but not full force exercise today. I am just not up to it.

Welcoming everyone to the challenge. It will be groovy to see how everyone does over the month.
  • MzQuietAsKept
    MzQuietAsKept Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to participate in this challenge.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Im in!! Happy Stepping everyone!
  • angelnectar
    angelnectar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! We need to do anything to join? I use my fitbit to keep track of my steps.
  • donnadeehurtcassidy
    donnadeehurtcassidy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, please put me in the group. When, where and how do I log my results. Thanks Donna
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    I'm in!! We need to do anything to join? I use my fitbit to keep track of my steps.
    I'll do it, please put me in the group. When, where and how do I log my results. Thanks Donna

Nothing special, log your steps, time, or distance and post back here in topic. Other than that have a groovy time walking and meeting others who love walking.
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Thank you AlphaHowls for coordinating this! I am back on MFP after a few years tied up in a work implementation project that ate my life. I am down for this challenge!

You are most certainly welcome!