Replies

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Starting today! Happy Walking everyone!walking-zombie-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it, at least to give it a try...does walking on the treadmill count or only those walks around the neighborhood? sometimes its a bit challenging to actually get a solid walk in on those nights that I work, but will try if the weather cooperates.

Any kind of walking/stepping works here. Use a treadmill, walk in place, walk outside, whatever works for you.
  • WinterCrystal
    WinterCrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Does anyone count working steps? I work retail so I'm on my feet lots and was wondering if it's cheating to count/log that time?

Any walking/steps are groovy. I post my complete total at the end of the month.

Thanks! I'll count them
  • kanscope
    kanscope Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking for a couple of days so I guess I need to give up and jump in. My goal this month is going to start super small since I just had next surgery Feb. 18th. Goal is a mile a day for a total of 31 miles this month. I really hope to up the daily distance in a couple of weeks but I want to keep the goal smaller anyway as I am still healing too and I tend to jump in to things with both feet and sabotage myself. Here is how that is working out so far.

3/1 = 1 mile walk in the neighborhood
    3/2 = none
    3/3 = 1.05 mile walk in the neighborhood
    3/4 = 1.09 mile walk on the treadmill at the gym with my husband

Total so far 3.14/31 miles
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    1 Mar 12,495 steps
    2 Mar 12,458 steps
    3 Mar 13,237 steps
    4 Mar 10,568 steps
    5 Mar 12,061 steps
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Does anyone count working steps? I work retail so I'm on my feet lots and was wondering if it's cheating to count/log that time?

Any walking/steps are groovy. I post my complete total at the end of the month.

Thanks! I'll count them

You are most welcome :)
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    kanscope wrote: »
    I have been lurking for a couple of days so I guess I need to give up and jump in. My goal this month is going to start super small since I just had next surgery Feb. 18th. Goal is a mile a day for a total of 31 miles this month. I really hope to up the daily distance in a couple of weeks but I want to keep the goal smaller anyway as I am still healing too and I tend to jump in to things with both feet and sabotage myself. Here is how that is working out so far.

3/1 = 1 mile walk in the neighborhood
    3/2 = none
    3/3 = 1.05 mile walk in the neighborhood
    3/4 = 1.09 mile walk on the treadmill at the gym with my husband

Total so far 3.14/31 miles

Groovy goal! I had surgery in September and as of March 8, 2016, I will be six months post op and the doctor stated I would be 100% (surgical site) healed. I should be able to lift and move more without fear now. I still get twinges in my side and I think that will be forever since there is mesh in my side.
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    3/5/16 Neighborhood Walk 11,391 steps 5.39 miles 1:30:01 634 cals

Cold/flu, period = slowly getting better
    It was a beautiful day today and I decided even with cold/flu to get outside and take a walk. Not as long as my normal walks, but by gosh golly, I got outside.

Everyone is doing an awesome job with walking!
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    Starting today! Happy Walking everyone!walking-zombie-smiley-emoticon.gif

This little graphic/picture is hilarious! I got a good giggle out of it.
  • Jacabyte
    Jacabyte Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Only managed 15045 steps today, had to bribe the bairns to do it so i lost pounds but not the type of pounds i want to lose lol.. If only i could lose 40lb that easy
  • martijones83
    martijones83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in I have logged 2-3 miles 4 days of the month so far! I am just trying to get in walks 3-4 times a week while doing weight loss yoga the other days of the week. :p I will try to keep a pace of 3 miles an hour.
  • NewTina2016
    NewTina2016 Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is the first time doing a challenge I need to get back on track. Lost weight and gained it back plus more. Looking for friends to encourage and support each other please feel free to add me.
  • NewTina2016
    NewTina2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    30 min. Walk after dinner
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mar 05: (2.2 miles - Outdoor - 37 Mins) = (18.4/100 March Miles Walked)
  • dellarosa5
    dellarosa5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to join in? I need the support!
  • Jacabyte
    Jacabyte Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier dellarosa5
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    Jacabyte wrote: »
    Only managed 15045 steps today, had to bribe the bairns to do it so i lost pounds but not the type of pounds i want to lose lol.. If only i could lose 40lb that easy

Change of vocabulary for you! 'Only' is not the way to think. You managed some great steps today, and never forget that!

So what was the bribe?
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    dellarosa5 wrote: »
    Is it ok to join in? I need the support!

Join away! Welcome to the walking challenge! Groovy to have you here.
  • moodcandler11
    moodcandler11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in logged 15,614 steps which equals out to 5.96 miles for me
  • WinterCrystal
    WinterCrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    March 5 - 5771 steps