WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    I am not sure why everything posted in bold print. I tried just to bold names. My apologies to all.
    CJ

Going back and forth between bold and not bold is challenging....I rather liked your post because it seemed easier to read :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Good night, all!

:heart:
    Carol in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :'( Jake is gone for two nights to Seattle for a medical procedure. I stay home to take care of the dogs. He'll stay in a hotel that's part of the hospital and the procedure will be tomorrow afternoon. Today after line dance class we drove to the ferry (about 90 minute away). He walked onto the ferry and then took a cab to the hospital. On Friday, he'll take a cab back to the ferry, walk onto the ferry and I'll pick him up there after my line dance class. It's very stormy today and the pets are agitated by the wind and by their dad not being home.

<3 Barbie from windy NW Washington t110011.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did an hour of extremecardio DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love's 1000 DVD

Sylvia - how wonderful that you looked for the kitty, but sad you didn't find it.

Alison - like how you're getting to the gym. Yours opens that early? How long does it take you to get there?

linnillal - doing a happy dance for you

DJ - how I wish Vince would exercise, even walk on the treadmill. But, alas, he's waiting for "vitamin E" to come out....lol Sorry to hear about your back

TheRealMsWolf - <crying with you>

Mary - it always seems, at least for me, that exercising and working thru when you are not feeling well always helps. Sometimes you just need to go at a lower intensity, but doing it helps. Good for you!

Yvonne - get better fast. That is NOT the way to lose weight

Made the middle layers of the wedding cake today. I'll just put them in the freezer.

Went to ceramics then to Lowes foods. Tonight was NOT a good night. First they wouldn't accept my coupons, I was made to feel like some sort of cheat, then come home to find that the beads I have been using were knocked on the floor by one of the cats and the guy forgot to take off the one coupon that they would have accepted. I'm making these beaded banners, only I'm having the hardest time getting it started. I think from now on I'm only going to go shopping for what I absolutely need, especially if Vince is with me.

The one good thing about the new medication is that I seem to have lost almost all desire for sweets. There are brownies in the house, I have no desire for even a little bit of one.

Mikesmom - come in often, we're here

Karen, CSSJ and Sue - now you all get better

Think tomorrow I'll make some Irish Soda Bread to take to bowling, then the remainder I will give away or give to the gals where I take the extremepump

Michele in NC
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( Jake is gone for two nights to Seattle for a medical procedure. I stay home to take care of the dogs. He'll stay in a hotel that's part of the hospital and the procedure will be tomorrow afternoon. Today after line dance class we drove to the ferry (about 90 minute away). He walked onto the ferry and then took a cab to the hospital. On Friday, he'll take a cab back to the ferry, walk onto the ferry and I'll pick him up there after my line dance class. It's very stormy today and the pets are agitated by the wind and by their dad not being home.

<3 Barbie from windy NW Washington t110011.gif

Stormy days take their toll on my dog too. She can sleep through it but refuses to go outside. To much wind rain or snow and she will hold it for 12+ hours. Good luck to Jake. Braver than I would be going by himself. I am a big giant chicken.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    CSSJ09 funny pic. Lol
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    CJ- nice pool party! Looks like a lot of skinny dipping going on!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    CJ- nice pool party! Looks like a lot of skinny dipping going on!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Lol, good one, Mary :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    There was a goof-up today and one of my desktop files disappeared. It was the folder I use for MFP! I found it in the trash. I wonder how that happened? Luckily, I found my lost folder. :bigsmile:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    edited March 2016
    Up early. But then, I fell asleep early too. :)

Soon to take DH up his cup of tea. That first one in the morning is sooooooo good. :bigsmile:
    He seems to have recovered from yesterday's collapse. He is an adopted child who never felt fully part of his adoptive family. His adoptive mother was bipolar, ( a terrible thing in those unenlightened days). Goodness knows what went on in the nursing home where he was separated from his twin sister and left behind before the local doctor asked his potential parents to take him out of religious duty. They were young and went on to have two natural children. His father was a Baptist Minister, who was not the happiest of men and went into it more as a career choice after the war than from conviction.
    Consequently, a raised voice, criticism or the lightest put down can affect him badly. He is aware of it and does daily mindfulness meditation with a CD. I would say he is much improved from earlier days when he would run out of the house. It's like he is having a panic attack and has become three years old again.
    I came from a more robust, free for all, household. Sometimes I forget myself. And sometimes I just don't want to reign back. :embarassed: But it's actually good for me as I am inclined to steam roll other people, given half a chance. I am grateful that he doesn't let me. <3
    Yesterday I was annoyed that he was applying his very good, Oxford educated brain, to some light hearted remarks I was making about the national characteristics of the Norwegians. So I let him have it with both barrels. >:) Whoops!
    Kim - you are right about the 80/20 thing. There are times when he is my rock. :D<3
    90% of the time we have a wonderful marriage. :D

Time for tea!
    Heather UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Janitr - I was thinking the same thing about Lenora yesterday. Hope everything is OK and she'll be on soon.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,994 Member
    morning ladies~
    I am up and having my cup of tea , I think I overdid it at the gym yesterday, I am quite sore, but dont you worry I will be there again today just easing it up a bit..
    I got on the scale and have not even lost an ounce but I guess even what I have been eating must have sodium in it, or maybe it is I am gaining muscle..
  • GloworminWA
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    I am so jealous that those chickens have a hot tub of their own!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    CJ - I LOVED that hot tub! :laugh:

Heather UK
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday!

CJ- I am still giggling over the chicks in the hot tub! I also have to agree with Barbie, the bold text is easier on the eyes!

Heather-My DH and I are the same way, he comes from a more reserved, yet more stressful background and has become much more emotional as he has gotten older; whereas I am from a loud and in your face kind of family. I have gotten more emotional also, but it is more anger or justification than tears from me. We do bump heads, but I have found that we still compliment each other nicely. He is the Yin to my Yang...or maybe I am the Yin and he is the Yang?

Kristan- Sorry about your kitty! You mentioned he was "weird". Do you have a story about his weirdness?

Katie- I asked about the purple pants. You are definitely ready for the next size (or two) smaller, as they are way too big for you! Way to work it!

Chris in MA
    - Hang in there! BAby steps! Exercise is a move in the right direction. When you are ready to tackle a little more, it will happen! Love and hugs to you!

Irish Terri- Beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing!

Anne from WI- Stay healthy! Clorox wipes get me through the winter; although, I managed to get "the bug" even with a daily wipedown of all surfaces. I blame the kiddos. The quotes sound like a great idea! Kind of like daily affirmations. There is a really great quote site called quotegarden. It has all kinds of quotes and you can choose based on type (holiday, inspirational, humorous, religious, etc.) I go on the humorous page, just to give myself a lift every now and then. Hugs to you!

Cheri
    - Yea! New babies! Now, did you just post recently a pic of your brother at a bris? If so, he must be experiencing a baby boom! Lots of babies!

Karen- Hope you are feeling better!

Linellal- 12 pounds! Whoot! That is AWESOME!!!

DJ- hope your back is feeling better!

Becca- I would have to agree with you on the introduction of religion in a TOPS meeting. They are running the risk of alienating some of their members by doing this. It may be well intentioned; but if some one is looking for help from God or from like minded people, most churches offer this kind of weight loss/ healthy living classes. I think you definitely need to take this up with the leaders of your group.

Katla- I can't even count the number of times I have accidentally thrown files away! Nice save!

Lenora- Where are you friend! Hope all is well! Sending good thoughts, vibes, and prayers your way!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Morning, all... reading everything, as always. Hugs to those who need them, kudos to you who deserve them, and you do.

Trying to just go on with life as normal while waiting for the results of the interview... being fairly unsuccessful at that, but still. I advise others all the time--push it to the side! Taking my own advice is not so easy.

The last interview was yesterday, the senior manager that interviewed me goes on paid time off tomorrow, so the decision should be handed down today. *sigh* I am an impatient soul--and the world never, ever works at the speed I believe it should. Unless, of course, it's to hand out bad news, in which case it works at the speed of light.

Going to go try to write something.
    Warmest regards from the newest superhero, the Thumb Twiddler!
    and her alter ego, Lisa in West Texas
    hands_twiddling_thumbs_fast_lg_nwm.gif
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)