Is jumping a good exercise?

Not jumping jacks or rope, just jumping. Not very high, just an inch above the ground. What muscles does it effect? Does it makes the belly and boobs grow. I mean when I do that my belly and boobs shake up and down so will it grow my belly and boobs instead of reducing it.

Replies

• amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think your belly/boobs wobbling would make them get bigger?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    It's not going to make any area of your body grow in the way you are thinking but, at the same time, it's not a great form of exercise.

The calories expended are going to be reasonable but the impact on joints will be high - much higher than, for example, running.

The larger muscles it would affect are calves, quadriceps (thigh muscles), and a little bit of glute (butt) activation (not much for a 1 inch or so jump) but there will also be a whole host of smaller muscles in the feet and core that will get some work also.

When choosing an exercise or exercise program, you should start off by considering what you want to achieve by doing exercise. After that the choice of exercise(s) will become a little clearer.
  • Ghasssan1993
    Ghasssan1993 Posts: 188 Member
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think your belly/boobs wobbling would make them get bigger?

Its going up and down especially the boobs and mostly around the nipples. Doctor said I dont have gyno. Did scan test too.
  • Ghasssan1993

Will it make smaller
  • StealthHealth
    Losing fat will make your belly and (possibly) boobs smaller. You don;t have to exercise to lose fat (although many find it helps) but you do need to eat less calories than you expend. To reduce fat this should be your number one action.

note: If you are planning on jumping as a form of exercise I think you should consider a decent bra for support - not a topic that I really know much about but there are plenty of breast owners on this site that would be able to give you further advice on this matter.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Will it make smaller

No, not really.

Calorie deficit will.
  • Ghasssan1993
    Losing fat will make your belly and (possibly) boobs smaller. You don;t have to exercise to lose fat (although many find it helps) but you do need to eat less calories than you expend. To reduce fat this should be your number one action.

note: If you are planning on jumping as a form of exercise I think you should consider a decent bra for support - not a topic that I really know much about but there are plenty of breast owners on this site that would be able to give you further advice on this matter.

No way I am wearing a bra
  • StealthHealth
    Sorry, just checked you profile - I had incorrectly assumed that you were female (because you mentioned boobs in your first post).

I stand by all other advice, but yeah, don't wear a bra.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

Lol, the OP is a male... think he means Moobs, not boobs.

OP, eat at a caloric deficit, do exercise you can stick with and consider strength training (either with weights or body weight program)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    OP is male.
  • Ghasssan1993
    So jumping wouldnt make it bigger right?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited March 2016

Yes it will. That's exactly how this works. Think of the benefits you'll get by not wearing underwear while you jump!
  • StealthHealth

no.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I doubt that the jiggling that happens when you jump will cause skin to stretch further. I think that happens when you are swollen/bloated. I'd say stay the heck away from salt while you are near your max weight.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Jumping is good for your bones.

I don't know about moobs, but jumping without a bra will make boobs saggy. That's a good way to end up with them down around your waist.
  • Ghasssan1993
    Jumping is good for your bones.

I don't know about moobs, but jumping without a bra will make boobs saggy. That's a good way to end up with them down around your waist.

So no jumping right. Am not wearing a bra, thats too humiliating.
  • Ghasssan1993
    DavPul wrote: »

Yes it will. That's exactly how this works. Think of the benefits you'll get by not wearing underwear while you jump!

What?
  • Ghasssan1993
    So just dieting without any exercise will disapear my belly and boobies. Thats too easy. How many kilos should I lose.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2016
    How tall are you? What do you weigh now? Your age?
  • Ghasssan1993
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How tall are you? What do you weigh now? Your age?

168cm = 5'6"
    77kg = 170 lb
    22 years old
This discussion has been closed.