Is jumping a good exercise?

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    losing 7kg (about 15lb) would put you close to the middle of your ideal weight range.
    • Program your details into MFP, set weigth loss at about 1lb (0.5kg) per week.
    • Accurately log everything that you eat.
    • Incorporate (within your calories) foods that you enjoy in your diet.
    • Although not essential for weight loss, many people benefit from adding exercise into their lives - If you are going to do this I would recommend strength exercise rather than jumping.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    edited March 2016
    So just dieting without any exercise will disapear my belly and boobies. Thats too easy. How many kilos should I lose.

For reference, My pic here is me at 5'6" 140lbs at 34 years old.
    That said, diet alone will not achieve that look, you will need to take part up strength training, to retain the muscle you already have.
    check out the programs starting strength, strong lifts 5x5, or if you don't have access to a gym Convict Conditioning or You are your own gym.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How tall are you? What do you weigh now? Your age?

168cm = 5'6"
    77kg = 170 lb
    22 years old

You are only a few lbs overweight by BMI. 170 isn't all that heavy for a 5'6" man. If you have moobs and a large belly at that weight you'd probably benefit more from exercise than diet. Not saying you shouldn't diet, but I'd suggest keeping your deficit small and concentrating on fitness.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    So jumping wouldnt make it bigger right?

Jumping will have ZERO effect on the size of anything.

Losing weight (calorie deficit) will make fat things smaller.
  • erickirb

168cm = 5'6"
    77kg = 170 lb
    22 years old

You are only a few lbs overweight by BMI. 170 isn't all that heavy for a 5'6" man. If you have moobs and a large belly at that weight you'd probably benefit more from exercise than diet. Not saying you shouldn't diet, but I'd suggest keeping your deficit small and concentrating on fitness.

according to BMI he would have to get down to 154 to be at the high end of "normal" for his height. And if he has as much fat as it sounds like he does, he would probably have to get below that to lose all the belly and moobs. I would suggest aiming for 150 and re-evaluate when you get close.
  • Ghasssan1993
    Ghasssan1993 Posts: 188 Member
    losing 7kg (about 15lb) would put you close to the middle of your ideal weight range.
      Thats too hard to do, I eat traditional foods here which is not in the website
      what do you mean
    • Although not essential for weight loss, many people benefit from adding exercise into their lives - If you are going to do this I would recommend strength exercise rather than jumping.
      I cant go gym

Really losing 7kg makes that big of a difference. I remember few months ago I dieted and made into 69kg but still had belly and boobies but yes smaller than now. But a friend of mine who is my height and 70 kg have no belly and the chest is flat like a paper and another friend only an inch taller is 85kg and that guy belly and chest is as flat as a sheet.
  • Ghasssan1993

168cm = 5'6"
    77kg = 170 lb
    22 years old

There is no other way without exercising :(
  • erickirb
    edited March 2016
      what do you mean
      I cant go gym

Really losing 7kg makes that big of a difference. I remember few months ago I dieted and made into 69kg but still had belly and boobies but yes smaller than now. But a friend of mine who is my height and 70 kg have no belly and the chest is flat like a paper and another friend only an inch taller is 85kg and that guy belly and chest is as flat as a sheet.

Then aim for 66kgs, while doing body weight exercise (push ups, pull ups, squats etc. check out convict conditioning and you are your own gym) while eating at a slight caloric deficit (set a goal to lose 0.5kgs per week).
  • StealthHealth
    What your friends look like at a given weight is irrelevant to you and if at 69kg you still had fat (boobs and belly) then you are going to have to get to a lower level of fat (not necessarily weight - since you could over time gain some muscle) to get rid of it.

Addressing your comments one by one:
      what do you mean

I mean, as long as you are not exceeding your calories, you can eat lots of different types of foods and therefore include some of your favorite foods on a regular basis.

I cant go gym

You do not need to go to the gym to exercise. There are lots of different ways to exercise that do not require a gym. Jumping up and down on the spot is one such exercise but for you I do not think that that is the best exercise. Think that you would benefit from a routine aimed at improving your strength. Consider calisthenics work outs or something like "Convict Conditioning" or "You Are Your Own Gym"

You can input new foods into the MFP website or you can make recipes which incorporate the ingredients. If you find that you can't do that, or something similar, you are going to struggle.
  • Ghasssan1993
    erickirb wrote: »
      what do you mean
      I cant go gym

Then aim for 66kgs, while doing body weight exercise (push ups, pull ups, squats etc. check out convict conditioning and you are your own gym) while eating at a slight caloric deficit (set a goal to lose 0.5kgs per week).

Exercise is too hard. Diet can be done.
    Really 69kg doesnt look good on me so how can 66 be that much of a difference. I am thinking losing 27kg so I will be 50. A friend of mine is 45 but he is an inch shorter but looks very good, I mean body. Really thin and nice. But I dont know how my other two friends are so heavy yet they dont have any boobs and belly. And some guys have big bellies but no humiliating boobs. If I was like that I would have never thinked about losing weight but eat and eat. Boobs is humiliating so cant enjoy the life (eating)
  • Ghasssan1993
    What your friends look like at a given weight is irrelevant to you and if at 69kg you still had fat (boobs and belly) then you are going to have to get to a lower level of fat (not necessarily weight - since you could over time gain some muscle) to get rid of it.
    Why? They looks good and enjoy life(eating) but have no boobs and not even bellies. I understand no boobs thing because many fat man is boobless but no belly is not understandable
      what do you mean

I mean, as long as you are not exceeding your calories, you can eat lots of different types of foods and therefore include some of your favorite foods on a regular basis.
      I dont know about this calorie thing.
      I eat a lot which mainly includes my favourite foods
      I mean I am OK being fat but boobies is kinda humiliating

I cant go gym

You do not need to go to the gym to exercise. There are lots of different ways to exercise that do not require a gym. Jumping up and down on the spot is one such exercise but for you I do not think that that is the best exercise. Think that you would benefit from a routine aimed at improving your strength. Consider calisthenics work outs or something like "Convict Conditioning" or "You Are Your Own Gym"

You can input new foods into the MFP website or you can make recipes which incorporate the ingredients. If you find that you can't do that, or something similar, you are going to struggle.

OK thanks for the helps. Really appreciated.
    So there is no way if I want to enjoy life to reduce my boobs.So its either a fun enjoyable life with humiliating boobs or a sad pathetic boring life with a boobless skinny body.
    I am thinking enjoying the life for now, maybe 2 more years after that lose weight and boobs and get married.
  • erickirb
    edited March 2016
    erickirb wrote: »
      what do you mean
      I cant go gym

Exercise is too hard. Diet can be done.
    Really 69kg doesnt look good on me so how can 66 be that much of a difference. I am thinking losing 27kg so I will be 50. A friend of mine is 45 but he is an inch shorter but looks very good, I mean body. Really thin and nice. But I dont know how my other two friends are so heavy yet they dont have any boobs and belly. And some guys have big bellies but no humiliating boobs. If I was like that I would have never thinked about losing weight but eat and eat. Boobs is humiliating so cant enjoy the life (eating)

You may lose fat without exercise, but you would reach your goal much earlier with exercise. Why do you think exercise is too hard, all you need is 45 min a day 3-4 days per week.

My suggestion of 66 was with exercising, meaning if you did strength training, most of your loss would be fat, with very little or no muscle loss. With diet alone, you will lose both fat and muscle and as such would have to get to a lower weight to get the desired body you want.

50KGs is much much too low for a male 5'6", I cut down to 61KGs and though I was a little too thin. aim for 66, if you don't like the way you look, then aim for 62...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    troll.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member

what do you mean

I cant go gym

Hi Ghassan,

In regular words:

You are probably too physically idle, and that's how you got fat.

Try these exercises instead of, or in addition to just jumping up and down, so that you work your whole body and can build some muscle:

Pushups
    Pull-ups
    Squats and Lunges
    Running, jogging, walking - if you live where there are hills, walk up and down the hills!

And just eat less of whatever you are eating, you don't really have to count or measure. Take smaller portions, and do physical activity, and your body will improve.

• erickirb
    Why? They looks good and enjoy life(eating) but have no boobs and not even bellies. I understand no boobs thing because many fat man is boobless but no belly is not understandable
      what do you mean

I dont know about this calorie thing.
      I eat a lot which mainly includes my favourite foods
      I mean I am OK being fat but boobies is kinda humiliating

I cant go gym

OK thanks for the helps. Really appreciated.
    So there is no way if I want to enjoy life to reduce my boobs.So its either a fun enjoyable life with humiliating boobs or a sad pathetic boring life with a boobless skinny body.
    I am thinking enjoying the life for now, maybe 2 more years after that lose weight and boobs and get married.

Why can't you have fun and lose weight while incorporating some exercise?
    Most people can do both, so can you if you actually put any effort in.
  • StealthHealth
    JoRocka wrote: »
    troll.

Sadly, I think you're right.
  • erickirb
    troll.

That is my thinking now!
  • StealthHealth
    I'm untagging myself from this thread now. Thanks for the mammies memories
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    troll.

Sadly, I think you're right.

sometimes it's worth it to feed them... purely for entertainment purposes. this is not the case.
  • Ghasssan1993
    troll.

Yeah I sounds like that. Any body that wants any help from internet is a troll. I mean its internet, everyone (99%) lies in internet so the remaining 1% is seems like trolling.
    What I mean is, in internet everyone (99%) is a pilot, doctor, engineer, teacher or some job guy. They all are skinny and beautiful. They all enjoy sweaty sports and exercising instead of laying on the bed. Loves fruit and vegetables instead of meat and pizza and burger and etc... So the remaining 1% that are truthfull that joins forums and stuff for some help sounds trollish is very believable to me. I mean I could have said I am a doctor, 6'2", 50kg, married with 5 kids but what is the point. Just being similar to all other internet users. I am not doing that.
This discussion has been closed.