Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Random Thought For the Day

1202203205207208252

Replies

  • MrSunshinezMrSunshinez Posts: 573Member Member Posts: 573Member Member
    I like! Mistress Contradiction?
  • MrSunshinezMrSunshinez Posts: 573Member Member Posts: 573Member Member
    I find it fascinating how women can compliment each other about their looks and not attach any homosexual undertones to it. Yet, if men do it most feel they have to add a "No homo" disclaimer. I just think "C'mon man, be a woman".

    Then again if a man compliments a woman there are also often sexual intentions

    True but my thinking was more of undertones than intentions. A man's no homo disclaimer seems to stem to from the appearance of loss of masculinity while still trying to convey a somewhat feminine trait of revealing one's self with the compliment. Whereas if it's between a man and a woman I think it can be taken as a sincere, non-sexual compliment or more but the need to over-emphasize masculinity isn't there.

    You’re probably right but again I think all this nuance is often lost on me. I can’t catch it. I will ponder for a bit to see if it sinks in.

    Does that mean I can still see you in leather boots? Because from here you look >:)

    Lol. You can picture me however you like.

    It's that name again. Please...don't change it!

    I thought maybe Sister Mary Ignatius so I could explain it all to you

    I'll have nun of that. Wait. I have google Sister Mary Ignatius so I know what I'm saying nun to.

    Or how about just O?

    Google O’s story too while you’re at it

    I know O
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,639Member Member Posts: 2,639Member Member
    I won't surrender to darkness, but I might surrender to failure.
  • MrSunshinezMrSunshinez Posts: 573Member Member Posts: 573Member Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I won't surrender to darkness, but I might surrender to failure.

    I prefer to surrender to the unknown. I'll be ready for the fight and ready for the light.
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,639Member Member Posts: 2,639Member Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I won't surrender to darkness, but I might surrender to failure.

    I prefer to surrender to the unknown. I'll be ready for the fight and ready for the light.
    I surrender to that too.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 9,748Member, Premium Member Posts: 9,748Member, Premium Member
    My new word for the day:

    commensalism -
    an association between two organisms in which one benefits and the other derives neither harm nor benefit.
    :/
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,639Member Member Posts: 2,639Member Member
    dreams that we have at night are no more inconsequential than days that lie in the past, we tend to readily forget our dreams and yet we hold on to the past... Funny
    edited February 2
  • ogma6ogma6 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    Why do drive-up ATM machines have braille on the buttons? If you are that blind, hoi w did you drive there?
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    Bottled water companies do not produce water, they produce plastic bottles.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 9,748Member, Premium Member Posts: 9,748Member, Premium Member
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    Garlic is an anticoagulant. Eating garlic to ward off vampires is actually propaganda by vampires to make humans bleed more efficiently.
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,277Member Member Posts: 1,277Member Member
    Cleaning your ear canal with q-tips is a BAD idea. If you have excessive ear wax it's not because you aren't a clean person. Wax builds up from the inside out and some people just produce more of it than others. Using q-tips isn't gonna get that impacted chunk of wax out, but it will push it in farther and impact it harder/denser. It's also a blind sweep so you could end up injuring your eardrum.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Cleaning your ear canal with q-tips is a BAD idea. If you have excessive ear wax it's not because you aren't a clean person. Wax builds up from the inside out and some people just produce more of it than others. Using q-tips isn't gonna get that impacted chunk of wax out, but it will push it in farther and impact it harder/denser. It's also a blind sweep so you could end up injuring your eardrum.

    The instructions actually say not to stick it in the ear but use it around the ear.
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,277Member Member Posts: 1,277Member Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Cleaning your ear canal with q-tips is a BAD idea. If you have excessive ear wax it's not because you aren't a clean person. Wax builds up from the inside out and some people just produce more of it than others. Using q-tips isn't gonna get that impacted chunk of wax out, but it will push it in farther and impact it harder/denser. It's also a blind sweep so you could end up injuring your eardrum.

    The instructions actually say not to stick it in the ear but use it around the ear.

    That labeling was probably brought about by someone trying to sue the q-tip makers. I imagine most people who use them stick them in their ear canal. I use them to apply antibiotic ointments to my kids' boo boos but I'm probably in the minority.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 9,748Member, Premium Member Posts: 9,748Member, Premium Member
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    Since dust is partly made of human cells, an old library isn’t just a collection of books but also a collection of the people who walk through it.
Sign In or Register to comment.