Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Today needs to be “wear your comfiest WFH attire” day at the office.

This could be problematic 🤔
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Today needs to be “wear your comfiest WFH attire” day at the office.

This could be problematic 🤔

😂. True enough but I wasn’t feeling wearing work appropriate clothing. Sweats sounded so much better.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    I’m not superstitious… yet, but I’m really getting weirded out by how often I see repeating numbers when I pick up my phone and check the time. For almost one month every single days has looked like 11:11AM 2:22PM 4:44PM and so on every time I check my phone. Kinda trippy, even happens when I’m asleep and I pick up my phone to look at it.. anyone know anything about stuff like that?

And once you start seeing those numbers, you won’t stop. It’s annoying.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    I’m not superstitious… yet, but I’m really getting weirded out by how often I see repeating numbers when I pick up my phone and check the time. For almost one month every single days has looked like 11:11AM 2:22PM 4:44PM and so on every time I check my phone. Kinda trippy, even happens when I’m asleep and I pick up my phone to look at it.. anyone know anything about stuff like that?

Not to ruin the mystery...
    My brother told me about having that same experience and asked me, since I'm a math guy, what the probability is of that happening. Times like 11:11, 4:44,... but also 12:34, 1:23, 3:21, etc. Given all the other times, like 9:57, 3:18, etc., the probability isn't that high, but...
    Your subconscious is much more aware than you consciously know. I believe our subconscious can inform us when a good time to look at the time would be, plus we can also tend to overlook the times we don't see those magical numbers. Then again, the universe is big, and we are small, and we cannot fully comprehend all things. 😄
  • frankwbrown
    edited September 2021
    Options
    One of my all-time favorites:
    "I'm tryin' to think, but nuttin happens!" 😂 - Curly, of the Three Stooges “I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.” 🤪 — Albert Einstein
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,651 Member
    Options
    913v067wme2m.jpeg
  • Onerom1
    Onerom1 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown For what it’s worth it stopped happening shortly after posting that.. maybe bringing awareness about the numbers helped me to stop noticing them..

But then @Ironwoman1111 brought out the repeating numbers again 1111 lol jk 😆
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    jky7953huleg.jpeg
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @frankwbrown For what it’s worth it stopped happening shortly after posting that.. maybe bringing awareness about the numbers helped me to stop noticing them..

But then @Ironwoman1111 brought out the repeating numbers again 1111 lol jk 😆

Well, I’m not superstitious. But since I keep seeing the same numbers all day long, I told the stupid ghosts that keep following me to give me the message already, I don’t have time for their spooky, immature little games! Then my original name was taken, Ironwoman1 so, I had to settle for this one.🤷🏽‍♀️😄
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    I'm feeling deja vu, all over again.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    The Universe is not as Random as it seems, it seems.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. ~ Laozi
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    The universe may
    be as great as they say
    but it wouldn't be missed
    if it didn't exist

~ Piet Hein
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    oa7bwtx9d73b.jpeg
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    No particle in the universe exists... until it is observed.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Have you let the cat out of the bag?
    Or is it still in the bag? Or somewhere in between?
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    qz8yj30x1klm.jpeg
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else remember "Jiffy" peanut butter?