"Craving" a cheat day.

Options
13»

Replies

• HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Will definitely check out that Dr. Oetker pizza. Actually the craving was for plain cheese pizza so no extra toppings necessary.

Tbh it's mostly gone away so I'm staying away from that until I REALLY want it.

Someone mentioned that my calorie goals must be low for me to be losing 2 lbs/week but they're actually at 1700. I entered my goal as losing 1 lb/week, that was the calorie limit MFP gave me and yet I've been losing two. Kind of scary to think how many calories I must've been eating (or more likely drinking - coffees, lattes, juice, iced tea, pop, etc) before I began keeping track.

• HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    You can also make low calorie pizzas with a tortilla, and the oven set on broil. Here's my favorite method of making them. A whole mini pizza under 200 calories!

I don't eat dairy anymore due to an allergy, so I substitute with using less "cheese" (Daiya) - and mine are around 150 calories.

I try to figure out how to make my favorite things with healthy food. These flourless black bean brownies are to die for. Low fat, gluten free, and dairy free. I take them everywhere, and people can't believe they're made with a black bean base. (I swear, you can't taste anything but chocolate!)

Awesome! Thank you for this. I'm a vegetarian who would like to be vegan so I love learning things like this. <3
  • youngpip
    youngpip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Will definitely check out that Dr. Oetker pizza. Actually the craving was for plain cheese pizza so no extra toppings necessary.

Tbh it's mostly gone away so I'm staying away from that until I REALLY want it.

Someone mentioned that my calorie goals must be low for me to be losing 2 lbs/week but they're actually at 1700. I entered my goal as losing 1 lb/week, that was the calorie limit MFP gave me and yet I've been losing two. Kind of scary to think how many calories I must've been eating (or more likely drinking - coffees, lattes, juice, iced tea, pop, etc) before I began keeping track.

It was me who mentioned the low calorie goals thing. I thought you meant you had set MFP to that rate of loss, but if it's 1lb a week then that's a bit easier to work with!

I like the Dr Oetker pizzas too, they're very tasty. Much easier to fit into your calories than a pizza from Dominos (although I do often crave pizza from there, there's something about them that calls to me like a siren!).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    oolou wrote: »
    Dr Oetker thin crust pizza all the way. The toppings are tasty and I prefer thin crust pizza anyway now after living in the south of France where thin crust is the standard way to have pizza.

Now I'm curious...
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If you don't have the calories to spend on say half of a large pizza go to a place where you can get just a slice or two or a personal size. Have a salad or some veggies with it. Eat the veg first.

Another thing I sometimes do is take out what I know fits my calorie budget for the day and then put the rest into freezer bags in single portions so I can grab a slice any time I want Pizza. A large usually does me for dinner plus 2-3 work lunches.

Have what you are craving. Make it fit below maintenance and don't worry too much if you g a little in the red on your logging. Yes your weight loss will slow down. You will likely put on a few pounds due to the sodium That's no biggie it will come back off. The point is that you should continue to live life and enjoy food. Just less of it.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I work pizza into my calories regularly. Just pay attention to portions. If I want a lot of pizza, I might have very little else that day, or I'll eat other things and spread the pizza over several days.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dr Oetker thin crust pizza all the way. The toppings are tasty and I prefer thin crust pizza anyway now after living in the south of France where thin crust is the standard way to have pizza.
    YES!!!!! I love the mushroom one Mmmmm!
    Francl27 wrote: »

Now I'm curious...
    Oh, it is fantastic for a frozen pizza! We find it at Walmart, and it is often for sale. Sometimes for around $3.50 (but that's in Canada).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Dr Oetker has anyone made the chocolate pudding, the one you make make yourself with the powder? so good!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Dr Oetker has anyone made the chocolate pudding, the one you make make yourself with the powder? so good!
    Damn! I must try this!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Damn! I must try this!

And I must try this Pizza everyone is speaking of :lol:
  • Francl27
    Options

Ok they definitely don't sell that stuff around here...
  • Christine_72
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Make it on the stove top with milk and sugar.. Alot of sugar :worried: 3TBS per one pack

q1fkh9fnl5mb.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Make it on the stove top with milk and sugar.. Alot of sugar :worried: 3TBS per one pack

q1fkh9fnl5mb.jpg

Ok I don't think we have those in the US. I know we had similar things in France and it was tasty though.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options

q1fkh9fnl5mb.jpg

With apologies to OP for the hijack: I may just be a weirdo, but I don't get why a mix if you have to do it on the stovetop & add both milk & sugar.

The only things actual homemade chocolate pudding needs in it are milk, sugar, cocoa (powder, not mix), cornstarch, vanilla extract & perhaps a little salt. There are recipes with other stuff in them, but just those few will give you a good result. Look up a recipe, but basically you just cook it on the stove until it's thick. There are even microwave recipes.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Couldn't you just buy a child portion pizza?? Have a large salad with it perhaps?? Don't over indulge, you'll feel rotten, in more ways than one.. I've been craving roast pork for 6 weeks but wanted to wait for a special occasion. Today being Mother's Day was my chance and ' oh boy! ' did I eat!!! But on reflection, I reverted to my old eating style and I'm disappointed with myself.. I didn't stop when I was full. That's in the past, what's done is done and I'll resume tomorrow, albeit still full up!
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Just caved in and had chicken curry and rice. Feel horrible now though ha
  • Christine_72
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

q1fkh9fnl5mb.jpg

With apologies to OP for the hijack: I may just be a weirdo, but I don't get why a mix if you have to do it on the stovetop & add both milk & sugar.

The only things actual homemade chocolate pudding needs in it are milk, sugar, cocoa (powder, not mix), cornstarch, vanilla extract & perhaps a little salt. There are recipes with other stuff in them, but just those few will give you a good result. Look up a recipe, but basically you just cook it on the stove until it's thick. There are even microwave recipes.

I've made my own, and the Dr Oetker one is so much better, and easier :wink:

Don't want to derail either, but wanted to ask a quick question about the Dr O frozen pizza's. Every frozen pizza I've ever tried has not been very good, and tastes similar to cardboard. Are these any different, and how do they compare to Dominos et al?