Makeup or No Makeup?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think men prefer no make-up because they don't want to be surprised later when the make-up comes off. I'm not saying that would happen. I think they just worry about it.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend says he doesn't give a crap either way. He's too busy looking at my rear. I usually wear make up anyways, but just a little bit to enhance my face.

ETA: Some people automatically think of lipstick when they think of makeup. I never wear lipstick anymore. The boyfriend hates it and will not kiss me if I have it on because he does not want to wear it, too. Perhaps this is what your friend is talking about.

My husband hates lipstick too. He also doesn't like the foundation, unless very light, because it changes how my skin feels.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Anyone think Snooki looks better without make-up?

snooki-without-makeup.jpg

Actually yes...

But how did make up magically make her boobs bigger?? :huh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    make up tastes AWFUL...that's what women have to remember...men look at it and think I'm planning on sucking on that face later...that's going to taste AWFUL....and lipstick takes forever to get off my d!ck....women forget that men look at things differently...they don't look at your face and say "oh what a pretty painted canvas" no..they look and think...i have to eat that later....

- my opinion...as a woman...and yes I wear make up....i still know it tastes awful and I make sure to make up for it later.

:ohwell: I prefer men who don't try to eat my face anyway. :laugh:

have you ever had a "heat of the moment" moment .....where things just take over and everything just gets mashed, licked, kissed and sucked in a frantic hot mess...

and afterwards you find your coolheaded logic and you realise just what you've done...and it was awesome...

in those moments, the make up gets eaten and I don't have time nor the desire to say "excuse me can I just wash this off first"

I just don't.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the man's preference. I don't wear a lot of make up when I do.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Never learned to apply it as my eyesight was so bad. I did manage to apply lipstick and don't always wear it. When I do it's only a gloss or natural color. I once worked with a man that always remarked when I wore it that it brightened my face. Still didn't wear it all the time.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My husband likes make up that is subtle. He doesn't like the put-on-with-a-spackle-tool look.

While I have what I call my "tool kit" filled with make up and I love to buy new stuff I don't always wear it particularly when it's hot out. I can't stand foundation and will wear powder in the winter ONLY if I am really pale. In the summer I will mostly wear mascara, and/or eyeliner, blush and lip stick. If I really want to "do myself up" I will add eye shadow however my make up is so subtle that even when I wear it a lot of people think I'm not.

For the most part I don't wear any.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Make up most times. My profile picture is evidence.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I don't wear makeup 99.9% of the time. My husband HATES it because he thinks it's fake and smells bad. He prefers me au natural. ^_^
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Yet all the celebrities they fancied are dolled up to the nines...

What liars.

My ex used to say he liked the natural look best, yet he went out with me (!) and he's practically in love with Katy Perry.

I rest my case.

Redirect your honor....i dont think that was about her face.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer when a girl wears less and looks more natural
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Actually yes...

But how did make up magically make her boobs bigger?? :huh:
    [/quote]

Can someone tell me where to buy the magic boob makeup?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    make up tastes AWFUL...that's what women have to remember...men look at it and think I'm planning on sucking on that face later...that's going to taste AWFUL....and lipstick takes forever to get off my d!ck....women forget that men look at things differently...they don't look at your face and say "oh what a pretty painted canvas" no..they look and think...i have to eat that later....

- my opinion...as a woman...and yes I wear make up....i still know it tastes awful and I make sure to make up for it later.

:ohwell: I prefer men who don't try to eat my face anyway. :laugh:

u r so anti-zombie love.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My honest guess is that men that say they like no makeup are actually referring to women with well-applied makeup. I would guess that if they were to post pictures of what they think are 'natural beauties' the majority of them would actually be wearing makeup.

This.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Some of us aren't so blessed with great skin or natural beauty. I wear make-up.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok...I just had this debate with a friend. He swears that men prefer women who don't wear makeup. I call bull****...

What do you guys think?

Men seem to like me both ways, though they all tell me they prefer none.

Either way, I'm sure there are varying opinions and I doubt anyone likes the scary clown makeup I see on so many women.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend loves my makeup. He still thinks I am pretty without it, but he has told me several times that he thinks I am gorgeous when I do my makeup. I almost never go without (I have pretty bad skin from having acne for years, so I need it just for my own self confidence) so he doesn't see me without it very often, but he has told me many times he likes it.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    BrittanyAnnL Posts: 140
    Options
    I look great with & without make-up, pretty sure my boyfriend doesn't give a crap either way.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yet all the celebrities they fancied are dolled up to the nines...

What liars.

My ex used to say he liked the natural look best, yet he went out with me (!) and he's practically in love with Katy Perry.

I rest my case.

Redirect your honor....i dont think that was about her face.

Hahaha :wink: I find this a lot though. Men have no clue about makeup, either.

I use tan, and men seem to think it's foundation. I don't wear much makeup unless I'm going out or I just 'feel like it'. And then one day I came in with no eye makeup on, and everyone was like 'you look so nice without makeup!' :noway: Um, nah, I am wearing makeup, actually...
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Men, as a group, don't agree on any single thing. Some like natural, others like make up.

/end thread

Correct. Hell - I don't even agree with myself. Variety is the spice of Josh. Sometimes me do like makeup, sometimes me don't.