Makeup or No Makeup?

Options

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Ok...I just had this debate with a friend. He swears that men prefer women who don't wear makeup. I call bull****...

What do you guys think?

Men seem to like me both ways, though they all tell me they prefer none.

Either way, I'm sure there are varying opinions and I doubt anyone likes the scary clown makeup I see on so many women.

Who cares what men like? I agree with you. :)

Oh, don't ever enter a MAC store.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Makeup is supposed to enhance a woman's natural beauty, not disguise her.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am glad mine doesn't care either way. Then again, I don't joker-fy my face.

In regards to snooky- It's what she is wearing. Also, if you saw her fit pic versus when she is dolled up (way to much), she has lost some boob mass as well as she is wearing something that is meant to lift and give cleavage to the max. In the other picture, it looks like a plain tank top, not a keyhole, vinyl looking stripper shirt. Hence, BOOBS!!! They are magical. lol!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok...I just had this debate with a friend. He swears that men prefer women who don't wear makeup. I call bull****...

What do you guys think?

Men seem to like me both ways, though they all tell me they prefer none.

Either way, I'm sure there are varying opinions and I doubt anyone likes the scary clown makeup I see on so many women.

Who cares what men like? I agree with you. :)

Oh, don't ever enter a MAC store.
    I put on makeup about once every three months and then it's mascara and possibly some eyeliner. Blush only if I haven't been outside much and have natural color already.

So no MAC store for me!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My husband hates make-up, but that being said, every now and then he likes me to get 80s throw back with black eyeliner, wrap around the head blue eye shadow and lined lips. It makes him feel dangerous. lol.:drinker:

I prefer easy...so cover up the bags under my eyes and go...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Anyone think Snooki looks better without make-up?

snooki-without-makeup.jpg

Actually yes...

But how did make up magically make her boobs bigger?? :huh:

I have to say yes as well. She looks like a clown with all that crap on her face.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fricken clue what men like. All I know is when I walk out the door I want to feel pretty and I do with a little make-up.So i wear it. Always. Not even the doctor who delievered my kids has seen me without it. If that makes me high maintanance, :ohwell:

oh- and P.S. - men have no idea what "no make-up" looks like! I once heard my husband bragging to someone that he was I glad I really didn't wear that much. I was like Um...yeah, you have no idea do you? :laugh:
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't care what guys think I wear my makeup because it makes me feel better about myself.

But with that being said when hubby and I first started dating (16 and 17 years old) he seen me without makeup and I asked which he preferred with or without and he said "You look fine either way but I think you look better with it" then after we got married and he realized how expensive the makeup is he said "I don't know why you wear that junk, you look better without it" I was like SURE I do! I honestly don't think they know what they like, nor do I think they realize that the "natural look" is a lot of times created with makeup.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always wear makeup, but I wear very little, even when I'm going out. Takes me less than 90 seconds to put it on. And I don't wear foundation or lipstick because I don't like the way it feels. But I'm not self conscious about being seen without it because I don't think I look much different; it just polishes things a bit.
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Most men have no idea what no makeup at all looks like.
    You could have a face full of concealer,foundation, blush, bronzer, filled in eyebrows etc, and convince most men that you are not wearing makeup unless you're applying too much of it. They usually notice eyeshadow/lipstick/mascara.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't give a rat's what men like regarding my makeup. I have a terrible complexion, kinda white/kinda red/all blotchy and spotty and uneven. I know I look better with some makeup on, anyone who tells me different is full of crap.

For those who don't want it, don't need it, I say yay. For me, no.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I always wear makeup, but I wear very little, even when I'm going out. Takes me less than 90 seconds to put it on. And I don't wear foundation or lipstick because I don't like the way it feels. But I'm not self conscious about being seen without it because I don't think I look much different; it just polishes things a bit.
    Ick to foundation.

I have freckles and I like them. I went to this awful Mary Kay party and she had me put foundation on and my freckles disappeared and I thought I looked awful.

Then she chose these really dark berry colors for eye makeup and lipstick. I have very fair skin and red hair with green eyes. I looked like a clown. Not a good sales method!
  • misscaseymac
    Options
    It depends on the girl. Some girls look better with makeup, some look the same as they do with or without makeup, while others just look like they raided the clown isle of party city. :)
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Me without:
    a8a71a59-5da5-446d-8e5c-546835e234df_zps12e98c61.jpg

Me with: light foundation, eye liner, light eyeshadow, lipstick
    94b2521e-d650-4da6-84b0-63349733888d_zps297d1dbb.jpg

I don't mind either but I prefer a bit of facial armor if only for psychological reasons.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Actually yes...

Can someone tell me where to buy the magic boob makeup?

There are ways to make them look larger with makup or at least make you look like you have more cleavage. :)
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My husband HATES when I go heavy with smokey eyes and all. I rarely do heavy makeup anyway.
    I normally keep my makeup as natural looking as possible.

I do prefer to look like me most of the time.
    :smile:
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My husband could care less, I haven't wore make in forever, kinda since having kids, I don't really wear any, unless we're going out somewhere on a certain occasion. My husband isn't a big fan of women who wear lots of makeup, he said if you can wake up next to her with no make up & she looks good, that's a good thing. & when I do were it, it's only alittle...the whole point it to make it look natural :)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I went to a camp when I was 16. I used to wear really heavy foundation. One of the counselors, who was a very hot 21 year old man, told me one morning, on my way to the Lodge to put on my makeup, that, "Heavy makeup is a sign of insecurity. You look better without it."

I was really surprised and until I was in my thirties, that was the last time I wore any. I tried it briefly in my thirties between marriages and finally decided that it just wasn't for me. It changed my look. I looked like someone else.

I have a neighbor, let's call her Barbie, who wears her makeup so thick that I could scrape it off with my palette knife and paint three other ladies. Her eyes are done at 6 in the morning when I leave to go swimming. It works for her, but I would hate to feel like that was my look.

Yeah, I am washed out, pale and imperfect. :tongue: That's just me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Anyone think Snooki looks better without make-up?

snooki-without-makeup.jpg

Actually yes...

I have to say yes as well. She looks like a clown with all that crap on her face.

Yes... she looks far less pretentious. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her in public that way.