How good are you on the weekends?

Options
I do not go crazy but do not worry quite as much as I do during the week.

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat a little on the weekends, so lately ill pick one or two days during the week and eat at a higher deficit, that way I can have more calories on the weekend. Pizza, here I come!
  • witters87
    witters87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I normal order a takeaway on a weekend as a treat but I didn't this weekend I've tried to be good :)
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my treat day. I eat as I normally do until supper and then I have whatever meal I want (ususlly 1/4 of a large homemade super cheesy pizza loaded up.) That evening I usually have a bowl of chips and maybe half a bar. Yep Saturdays are usually 2000 calorie days. The rest of the week I try to aim for 1200-1600 calories
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm at work or home, I'm fine. Drink a beer or a glass of wine. Eat a little bit larger portion of protein than usual. Hot breakfast only on Sunday's. But parties... Gah! I start noshing the foods and sloshing the drinks and it's hard to get my cows back in the barn, ya know? Went to an Oscar viewing party last weekend; 50th birthday party to attend tonight. Parties just frikken kill me. Need to come up with some better strategies.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat a little on the weekends, so lately ill pick one or two days during the week and eat at a higher deficit, that way I can have more calories on the weekend. Pizza, here I come!

This is exactly what I do, I know the CICO is what matters so make sure I do well enough during the week to allow me to enjoy the weekend with out derailing my progress. Kind of like the Weight Watchers extra points. I also do not eat my exercise calories.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Weekend is messy for me. Too much time on hand plus we get take outs from places that are hard to estimate calories. My diet benefits from weekdays -- I get busy, forget about food and do my own cooking which I know.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I will never eat less than 2200-2500 calories on a Saturday whether I'm trying to lose or maintain. My maintenance calories are 1800. I adjust throughout the week so I can do this.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I eat lower during the week so I can eat higher on weekends. Around 1300-1400 weekdays, then 2000 ish on weekends.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The week ends are easier for me because the work week is chaotic.
  • kensreboot
    kensreboot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hit Starbucks this morning for the first time in 4 weeks, only 2nd since I started all this on 1/15/16. I don't feel like that was bad, but the carmel frap, which I did log, dang near made me sick, yet the sugar put me on an energy high this morning that was quite strange for me! At work I was up walking all over the place, all morning long. The good thing is that I have already hit my daily goal for steps, and I still have 90 minutes of work left today... and according to my Fitbit, I am on track to beat my daily goal of calories burned by 200+! So, while I shouldnt have done it this morning, maybe a little good came of it :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Same as during the week. I might get to eat more because I exercise more, but I stick to my calorie limit.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    kensreboot wrote: »
    So, while I shouldnt have done it this morning, maybe a little good came of it :)

What is life if we cant fit a little starbucks into our goals from time to time?
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE struggle for me. If I don't have anything going on it's not too bad but if I am eating out at restaurants or have a party, forget it. I can try to make good choices but it's so difficult to log accurate nutritional information a lot of the times I say heck with it and eat whatever I want. I really need to get out of that habit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends a lot. Usually I hate staying home on week ends (I'm a SAHM) so I like going out, doing things... and eating out. Which means that it will really depend on what place we go to, and how hungry I am that day.

Today we went out and I had a treat but I haven't been hungry at all so I'm still way under my calories for the day (even with like 800 calories of donut, brioche, and croissant). But on days when I'm hungry in the morning and have a big breakfast and we eat out at lunch at a place that doesn't have low calorie options... it can get ugly.

I just REALLY avoid going out for dinner, because I typically just don't have the calories for pretty much any meal at any restaurant.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My days off aren't always on the weekend, so I will just say that my days off are much harder to stay at loss calories, I almost always go into maintenance. It's so much easier to stay in calories at work when I'm busy for 9 hours and don't have access to my kitchen.
  • ashleyminnich1
    ashleyminnich1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Saturdays are my long run day. I ran eight miles this morning, so yeah...dinner involved cheesecake for desert.
    Fridays seem to be my so so days. I have no idea how much I ate last night at the local restaurant. I went for semi healthy...I won't worry about it. One night is not the end of the road for me.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    I usually do pretty good on the weekends. I have a desk job so I'm more active on the weekends.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I keep to my macros pretty well but I tend to get a little lazy with the exercise. On the other hand, I only have one day off a week usually, so one day of laziness won't kill me, I suspect.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE struggle for me. If I don't have anything going on it's not too bad but if I am eating out at restaurants or have a party, forget it. I can try to make good choices but it's so difficult to log accurate nutritional information a lot of the times I say heck with it and eat whatever I want. I really need to get out of that habit.

Me too. My son's birthday is tomorrow and he wants to go to his favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. Fortunately they have a menu with nutritional info online, so I have my order planned out, I just hope I can stick with it, because breadsticks! (I've allowed myself two. I may have to wire my jaw shut after I've scarfed them down.)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I do the same things I do on weekdays.