How good are you on the weekends?

Options

Replies

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Normally the weekends are the same as weekdays, however, for some reason today has been an anything goes kind of day. I'm eating pizza and drinking a beer as I write this. :*
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    There's usually at least one restaurant meal or a special ice cream run every weekend. At restaurants I have the basic MFP strategies for controlling calories (cut the entree in half, order something simple, look up calories ahead of time). Some meals I just say "screw it," order what I want, then log the best I can at home. Most of the "screw it" meals are still in line with my goals. Last night's... not so much. But it won't blow my overall weekly deficit.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my long running days, which allows me more calories. It's perfect now that works sometimes ;)
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (Saturday, AM now) I only ate food with many calories. Honestly I felt really hungry the whole day since I didn't eat a lot to stay within 1500 calories, but now I'm happy I avoided eating more.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I allow myself about 200 extra calories a day on the weekends. This usually ends up being drinks. I tend to sleep in and do a big breakfast/brunch and then just have dinner, so the food calories balance out. But the alcohol....
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You should really try to completely quit alcohol. Kills them gainzzzzzzzzz
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It really depends.

If I'm going somewhere during the weekend, I will most likely consume more calories compared to the week. And during these cold months I found myself in the kitchen baking or making something every weekend.

But come summer time, I'll probably be outside away from the kitchen burning calories and consuming less of them.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If I stay at home I tend to forget to eat in morning and early afternoon because I sleep longer during weekends and then just sit at computer reading stuff... And suddenly it's 3 pm and I haven't still eat anything. If I'm going somewhere I need my lunch earlier, otherwise I don't really feel hunger.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,145 Member
    Options
    For the most part I don't eat my exercises calories during the week, so I have extra calories during the weekend to use if I need them. Some times I use them sometimes I don't. It all depends in my social schedule.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I really bring my A game on the weekends, on dieting and everything else, baby!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I will be over this weekend - cake at choir shindig yesterday and making pasties and Nanaimo for son's birthday today. Weekdays allow me to compensate, though.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My weekends are the same as the rest of the week.

I am not dieting and taking the weekends off - this is the way I live every day. YMMV.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just as good as I am during the week. If not, I can easily wipe out a whole week's deficit in no time flat.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You should really try to completely quit alcohol. Kills them gainzzzzzzzzz

How, exactly?
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Alcohol isn't an issue, but my food intake tends to increase at the weekend... more scope for going out. A baby shower, Birthday and Mothers day this weekend. The potential for naughty treats and meals out has been higher than ideal. I'm no good at estimating, so I've just tried to be sensible. I've avoided stuffing my face for the sake of it (I would normally do that), eaten some lighter meals to offset the indulgences and enjoyed a long walk. I'm much better in my weekday routine. I think longer term I will end up 'banking' most of my exercise calories through the week to enjoy a more relaxed approach at weekends.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE struggle for me. If I don't have anything going on it's not too bad but if I am eating out at restaurants or have a party, forget it. I can try to make good choices but it's so difficult to log accurate nutritional information a lot of the times I say heck with it and eat whatever I want. I really need to get out of that habit.

Me too. My son's birthday is tomorrow and he wants to go to his favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. Fortunately they have a menu with nutritional info online, so I have my order planned out, I just hope I can stick with it, because breadsticks! (I've allowed myself two. I may have to wire my jaw shut after I've scarfed them down.)

It's those breasticks/biscuits/bread baskets that ALWAYS do me in.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Weekends are a little different for me as I generally work Saturdays. Most of the week I work in Housekeeping but on weekends I put in a shift or two in the kitchen at the camp/ conference/retreat center where I work. Our head cook is REALLY good but has a penchant for deep fried and creamy/cheesey things that are calorie dense and tough to track.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I've had pizza twice this weekend, fried fish sandwich, steak and cheese, french fries etc.. and i'm still on track to lose weight. Extra workouts help alot as does eating light the rest of the day. I don't do this every weekend, but with my wife out of town.. I kind of just had a me weekend food wise but still kept to my calorie goal.
  • zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am currently just as dedicated on weekends as I am on weekdays. I used to give myself some junk but I just worry all night afterwards that I broke the health trend and tomorrow It'll be all junk again. Because of the worry, I just don't feel like it's worth it to eat junk any more.
  • smorris142896
    smorris142896 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want Friday through Sunday. Which normally includes at least 2 meals out. I'd say about 1800 to 2200 calories a day, but I stay super clean during the week. I still manage to lose over a pound weekly enjoying myself (I weigh in Friday mornings so I have all week to recover) . I've already lost 60lbs (when I lost the first 50 I was strict on the weekends and barely ate out) but figured I want to lose the last 16lbs slower and more realistically so it will be easier to maintain. Don't forget to enjoy yourself occasionally or it won't work.