How good are you on the weekends?

Options

Replies

• amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat the same every day of the week. My weekly weigh in are on Sunday mornings. I feel better eating healthier anyway. I don't really miss the other stuff.
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I tend to workout at the weekend to keep me in the zone unless I'm working which also keeps me on track as everything is prepared ready.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My weekends are typically almost as active as my weekdays so I don't have too much trouble. Now if I have a rare entire day to myself and I use it for a rest day, meaning ,so sedentary my Fitbit thinks I am sleeping (Don't laugh it has happened!) Then it gets a little tricky and I usually just aim for staying under maintenance.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really struggle with weekends. We often go out to eat on weekends, and while I try to make good choices, I often end up over my daily allotment. I get right back on track every Monday, but it takes me the whole week to get back to where I was.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Lately I seem to do pretty good during the week - try to stay around 1800-1900, but Friday and Saturday I really go over. Like upwards of 2500-3000 calories. I know I estimate most of those calories, but I hope it's a slight over estimation. Although, sadly restaurant foods I think are really that high... I fear I might underestimate.

I think my regular running workouts are the only reason I'm maintaining and not gaining.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Usually pretty good but I know I'll go over today. Got too tempted by a PBJ candy bar at trader Joe's and am having pasta for dinner
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Saturday nights are easy for me. The bf and I generally eat dinner together, but Saturday nights are the one night when he likes to eat at a restaurant. So I eat my low-cal soup/salad/eggs because that's what I prefer.
  • missjessau
    missjessau Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weekends do not make a difference, it is social occasions that do. If I host I can control the food, if I am a guest, then I just do the best I can and remain human, so I have a glass or two of bubbly and some snacks.

I also have certain times off completely, but this is when I am having a big racing weekend where I will be eating with others a lot (triathlon) or doing massive piles of activity.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I snacked like the old me last night and still didn't reach my calorie goal.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    this weekend i absolutely threw mfp out the window lol.. i dread to think the calories i consumed, i just quick added 2600 for each day.. now im back on it today with reduced calories. hoping to limit the damage
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Weekends are nearly always a goals disaster for me. I guesstimate that I exceed my targets by at least 1000 cals for both Saturday and Sunday. Weekdays are far better as I am busy with work and log all the time.
  • CelesseBoo
    CelesseBoo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I aim for maintenance over the weekends, and don't record religiously.

I'd rather eat a sensible all-be-it non weight loss amount, than say I'm going to carry on the deficit, fail, feel guilty and think screw the diet.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,104 Member
    Options
    I exercise more on the weekend ... so I can eat more on the weekend. :)
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The weekend is usually the only time I eat out, and I found it to be a struggle at first to stay within my calorie goals. To make up for that I try to stay a bit under my calorie goal during the workweek in order to have some extra calories for the weekend. Staying a bit under during the week is not usually too challenging. I've lost steadily using this method so far and I've never felt deprived.
  • laleehecht
    laleehecht Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tend to loosen up more on the weekends. If I don't stay busy then I tend to eat more vs the rest of the week when I have a schedule. But I also get one mega workout in on Saturday so that helps. I find that pre logging my weekend meals helps me prepare and allot my calories accordingly. That is what keeps my somewhat on track.
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've spent a few years letting my weekends undo my progress over the week. I'd go out for a nice meal, then throw up my hands, saying "I've ruined it now! Why bother?"
    This time though? I have my goal set to -1.5 pounds a week. And, Mon-Friday I do really well.On Saturday and Sunday I change my goal to either -0.5 a week or maintain and those extra 500 calories or so definitely feel like a splurge, but it doesn't ruin my progress. I still usually have a loss Monday morning.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I feel like a totally failure every weekend.... even if I have not gone crazy with my eating it is like all the hard work I do during the week is gone like I never did anything
  • NOWHEREGIRL55
    NOWHEREGIRL55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm really really good unless I go out. But if I'm home, I do better than when I'm at the office!
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I purposely scheduled weigh day on Monday morning, so I have to be good on the weekend. It keeps me honest... but it does kind of suck.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    We have take-out on Friday nights...and drink a glass of wine on Fri/Sat/Sun with dinner. No alcohol during the week. One good thing about having little kids is that it's not that fun to take them out to dinner, so we don't eat out that much!

I tend to be more active on weekends (shopping, taking kids to playground, going on hikes) so if I'm 200-300 calories over what I eat during the week, it evens out.