Made my own butter, but ended up with 1/2 cream-1/2 butter- Calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    It looks like whipped cream in this pic, but truly does taste like a cross of butter and cream... I might just toss it lol

If it did not separate and you did not throw away buttermilk, then you have whipped cream. Not clotted cream and not butter. You can just keep whisking, it is not done yet.
  • CreoleRose
    CreoleRose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you can make butter in your clothes dryer. I used to do it for my kids years ago just for the fun of it. You put the cream in a plastic container, tape it up really really really well, and run it through the clothes dryer on no heat for about a half an hour or so. The butter separates out nicely.
  • CreoleRose
    CreoleRose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is noisy though...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    CreoleRose wrote: »
    Believe it or not, you can make butter in your clothes dryer. I used to do it for my kids years ago just for the fun of it. You put the cream in a plastic container, tape it up really really really well, and run it through the clothes dryer on no heat for about a half an hour or so. The butter separates out nicely.

I live in Brooklyn and don't have a clothes dryer but I think I'ma go down to the laundry mat and try lol.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    CreoleRose wrote: »

Who knew? How clever!