SABOTAGED BY COWORKER!

Options
CorvusCorax77
CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the fruit!!! You'll get fat!!! :laugh:

ETA: Sarcasm smiley face.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Bring in your fruits and veggies and eat them whole?

Edit: My sarcasm detector has been broken lately. :frown:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Those things cause your insulin to spike, leaving you hungry later. She's probably just jealous.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the fruit!!! You'll get fat!!!

Huh?
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    They can only sabotage you if you let them. Just sayin'. Good luck!
  • BabyDreams2013
    Options

Huh?

Lol
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    don't cheat yourself treat yourself :) this will be good test for you
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

MADE Everyone bring in stuff? How? I don't get it.
  • Raynne413
    Options

Huh?

Lol

Sarcasm people, sarcasm. :wink:
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If someone else offers you food you only have one choice. Eat it all!
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Maybe remind her that those special food days will not help with our goals and politely ask her to count you out from now on. Or bring in healthy options and share your new lifestyle with your coworkers.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Pretty sure she didn't hold a gun to your head and say "look, we are doing the juice bar." Highly doubt she also head guns to your co-workers heads and MADE them bring stuff.

That's like me getting mad at people at work for eating cookies because I'm gluten intolerant. They are ruining my life! They are trying to make me cheat on my diet /sarcasm

Just ignore your coworkers and do what you need to do - I know lots of people who do it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

She uses HIGH PRESSURE tactics! Sign up sheets that she constantly sends around in mass emails with names of who signed up saying "IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP TO BRING IN FRUIT, PLEASE DO BY SUCH AND SUCH A DATE"...so then everyone sees I'm the only person who hasn't signed up...

crap. I have to go buy some high sugar crappy apples with NO PROTEIN now :(
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Unless she is forcing you to participate she's not sabotaging you. I don't expect my coworkers to change their lifestyles because I'm changing mine. Just don't participate when she organizes??
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    gifwantsomeofthis.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

She uses HIGH PRESSURE tactics! Sign up sheets that she constantly sends around in mass emails with names of who signed up saying "IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP TO BRING IN FRUIT, PLEASE DO BY SUCH AND SUCH A DATE"...so then everyone sees I'm the only person who hasn't signed up...

crap. I have to go buy some high sugar crappy apples with NO PROTEIN now :(

Heh. :D

The higher the pressure, the more it amuses me to say no.
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So you told her that you were trying to get healthy;
    she organized a party with healthy foods
    & now you're mad because the foods brought weren't the kinds that you wanted?

That co-worker is a good friend. She was trying to support you by getting everyone to rally around & support your goals in a fun way.
    When I told some of my friends I'm eating healthier I get attitude or they invite me to bbq's and dinners where all they do is pig out.

I was wholly expecting you to say "I told my co-worker I was getting healthier & she injected all of my celery sticks with butter".
  • Raynne413
    Options
    gifwantsomeofthis.gif

LMAO That is hilarious! I love cows. :heart:
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow, seriously? Fruits and veggies. My God, she should be shot. Here's a thought, why don't you organize a big ol' meat party. Throw down on that wench.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You know what goes well with fruit?

Cheese.

And it has protein.

Bring cheddar. Ruin her day.