SABOTAGED BY COWORKER!

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    She shoulda brought doughnuts! Much yummier, especially the frosted croissant kind.... MMmmm.....Doughnuts.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the OP was being sarcastic, but not 100% positive?

If so, well played, my hat is off to you :drinker:

If not .... save an orange for me! Heck I'll eat all of them, I love those damn things
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't need to worry about protein if it's a juice party! That should take care of your muscles.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    I know this is a joke, but in case it's not last time I checked I can fit juice into my macros, bring some protein bars and nuts to up your protein.

But I LOVE to eat in front of ppl. They see me lookin so fit and eating what everyone else does so it shows them you can invite fitness people to events, were still fun and we eat and it shows them if you work out and eat well you can still have these things.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    sarcasm_detector.jpg
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    If you have to explain that it is a joke....
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

I say we go burn her house down! WHO'S WITH ME?!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

MADE Everyone bring in stuff? How? I don't get it.

She uses HIGH PRESSURE tactics! Sign up sheets that she constantly sends around in mass emails with names of who signed up saying "IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP TO BRING IN FRUIT, PLEASE DO BY SUCH AND SUCH A DATE"...so then everyone sees I'm the only person who hasn't signed up...

crap. I have to go buy some high sugar crappy apples with NO PROTEIN now :(

So?

We used to have things like that where I worked and I never signed up. I couldn't care less if people saw that I wasn't bringing any thing. Not only that but I never participated and ate the crap that was brought in. Mostly because it was fattening garbage and also because I don't know what my co-workers houses look like and based on the way they would let things explode in the microwave and not clean up AND how nasty their cubicles were I felt pretty good about not eating their food.

And I think you're overreacting. Like someone stated: You told her you were eating healthy and she organized a FRUIT and VEGGIE party.

OH. The HORROR!
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Went right over your heads, didn't it?
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Bring in veggies like celery and lettuce. They can be juiced too. For alot of ppl they consider juice to be healthy, so maybe she is trying to help.
    And when she want everyone to bring in cake, bring in a sugar free courgette/ zuchini cake, or chocolate beetroot. ( or a cake of soap if you really want to get out of being asked)
    Make it a healthy version, to show ppl that just because you are being healthy doesn't mean u need to misss out on everything and be a spoilsport.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Oh look another sign up email..... DELETE....

I don't participate in most of those at my work, after a few of them they get the hint you are not interested
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options

MADE Everyone bring in stuff? How? I don't get it.

She uses HIGH PRESSURE tactics! Sign up sheets that she constantly sends around in mass emails with names of who signed up saying "IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP TO BRING IN FRUIT, PLEASE DO BY SUCH AND SUCH A DATE"...so then everyone sees I'm the only person who hasn't signed up...

crap. I have to go buy some high sugar crappy apples with NO PROTEIN now :(

Bring avacado! That's got good fat in it and may help keep you full. Also, if enough times, you bring in something she doesn't like, maybe she'll stop asking. ;)
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I say we go burn her house down! WHO'S WITH ME?!

I'm in. I hate sabotaging coworkers.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    We are only sabotaged by the choices we make for ourselves. No blame. No pity. Choose wisely.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So you told her that you were trying to get healthy;
    she organized a party with healthy foods
    & now you're mad because the foods brought weren't the kinds that you wanted?

That co-worker is a good friend. She was trying to support you by getting everyone to rally around & support your goals in a fun way.
    When I told some of my friends I'm eating healthier I get attitude or they invite me to bbq's and dinners where all they do is pig out.

I was wholly expecting you to say "I told my co-worker I was getting healthier & she injected all of my celery sticks with butter".

Haha "injected celery sticks with butter"! Yeah, I agree. How can you get mad? She is trying to bring in fruits and veggies because those are healthy options in place of what may have been there before like brownies, hot wings, and pizza (which I would eat anyway). You should appreciate that! Fruit sugar is different than twinkie sugar too.... fruit and veggies aren't tools of sabotage!
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    OP - Ummmm, seriously? Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... I sure hope so... if not, you're mad because your coworker isn't changing her ways and those of everyone else in the office to suit YOUR needs? And honestly, it sure sounds like she was trying to be nice by arranging fruit and juice instead of donuts and bagels... seriously, shut up and either participate or don't. Last time I checked, fruit wasn't bad for me, nor was it difficult to add some cheese or meat to a plate of yummy fruit...
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Being in a can of olives and start a huge fight about whether they are a fruit or a vegetable.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    sarcasm_detector.jpg

I mean, really...

tumblr_m6i8gfyIM11qgvdf9o3_500.gif
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    sarcasm_detector.jpg

I am SOOO saving this on my computer.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've been working in this office building for a month. There has been 4 birthdays, and 4 cakes. I stayed away from the cake, each time. Someone was being nice and made sure I got a slice so they stuck one on my desk. I took a small bite and threw it out.

Are my coworkers sabotaging me? Absolutely not.

Are your coworkers sabotaging you? I highly doubt it.

Psst.. food isn't evil. Even the cake I avoided (I just had a treat planned later in my day)..