Customer On Mobile Refused Service

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    thankfully Google Glass will be here soon and we will all be wearing our phones all the time. and we can have the video record option on to record the cashiers on power trips. :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    It's simple courtesy. I'm sure that same person on the phone in one situation would be the first to complain about a cashier who didn't greet them and/or say "have a nice day" if he/she were not on the phone. I know I expect to be treated in a courteous manner and therefore I behave in one as well. I get off the phone before it's my turn, I politely interact with the cashier and then call the person back later.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Both the cashier and the customer seem tad too self important to me.

Yeah but only one of them is getting paid to be there and should suck it up. The other one can just take their business elsewhere.

You seem like you would be so pleasant to wait on.

I actually am, most of the time. The workers I see are just regular people not putting on airs or demanding a pedestal. We all get along great and get thru our business with the common goal of completing the transaction in a polite and efficient manner. Nobody thinks they are so self important to demand anything out of line from the other. Maybe I only shop at good places though. Maybe it depends where you are shopping?

Standing at the counter talking on the phone and ignoring the worker who is waiting on you screams superiority over the "peon" who has to serve you.

It doesn't matter where you shop be it Wal Mart or Versace. Rude is rude. Period.

ETA: It doesn't matter any way. All those people whose phones are glued to their head will end up with brain cancer any way and will be wishing they didn't have to be so connected when standing in line at the store.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I end the conversation before getting to the queue. It's my opinion that it is rude not to. It's a human being in front of me, not a robot. He or she may actually want some kind of human interaction.

Agreed.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    call me crazy but I'd have told that cashier to shove it up her **beep beep beep** I'm there to pay for my goods, I'll say my hi's, thanks, and byes but I'm going to be on my phone and if she still refused please feel free to find yourself another job, maybe in a call centre where you can talk to people all day long because I would kick up the mother of all complaints ! Where exactly does it say in a stores policy I a. have to talk to you, b. aren't allowed to be on my phone at the time !

kmt.....craziness, don't be wasting peoples time !

admittedly I've never done it...I hate talking on the phone, but for those who need to or like it/want to, it's their right !

You will not be a happy camper if Im standing behind you in line. About 6 months ago I twisted off on a phone clown holding up the line at Subway. I then stepped in front of him & told the sandwich preparer to put his order aside and fix mine.

My favorite tactic is to honk loudly at a red light when I see someone playing with their phone. The dummies hit the gas without a thought and lurch forward! LOL

BTW If you give your zip code, phone number, or address, your contact info will be used to market you. There are "Location Services" that the store will contract with that will get your name from your credit card and index it with your zip code and bingo.

firstly...if your suppose to be ordering food, then GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE, ORDER YOUR DAMN FOOD and don't be wasting my time...If I'm at a SUPERMARKET, where someone only has to SCAN my already there food that I took the time to put on that belt thing then me not speaking to the cashier does not hinder their damn job or anyone else's convenience !

someone speaking on the phone whilst driving, beau I'd report your backside to the police AFTER I cuss you down and give you some evils on the road !! ANYONE on the phone whilst driving shouldn't be allowed on the road and I'd happily get you to pull over so I can give you a real good lecture on road safety and law !
  • rml_16
    Options
    My favorite tactic is to honk loudly at a red light when I see someone playing with their phone. The dummies hit the gas without a thought and lurch forward! LOL

I was with you up to this. I will play with my phone at a red light, but not while moving and I keep an eye on the light. What you do is a really good way to get someone killed. It won't be so funny then, will it?
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've been a cashier for 2 years and I find I don't really care if someone is on the phone.

I'm sure more than half the time, the person is the one being called rather than the other way around. And it could be important at the time. Just as long as they don't waste time and completely ignore you, I don't mind it. I could use the quiet time.... talking for 6 hours straight can make your mouth quite dry
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm paying my 5.99 a minute, I'm not hanging up for some cashier
  • rml_16
    Options
    Have people always been this selfish and rude or is this a new phenomenon?
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I say if they're too busy to be a part of the check out process, scan everything twice.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    BTW If you give your zip code, phone number, or address, your contact info will be used to market you. There are "Location Services" that the store will contract with that will get your name from your credit card and index it with your zip code and bingo.

Also, this depends entirely on the company. It's always a good idea to ask first, but the company I work for does not sell your information and it does not share your information. It's for demographic purposes, but also the more you enter your phone and email, the more coupons you get in the mail and in your email. So.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I say if they're too busy to be a part of the check out process, scan everything twice.

Haha, the scanners at work are super sensitive, so sometimes things get scanned twice without me noticing at first, but I always double check the whole order when I'm done scanning before I tell them their total. The ones that ignore me are real quick to speak up when they realize I've scanned something twice on accident before I've had a chance to fix it :)
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

Has sarcasm and joking always been this lost on people or is this a new phenomenon?
  • SusyDelBosque
    Options
    what if you're like me and are more important that everyone else though?

No one is more important than another. We are all the same... specially when interacting with another human being. No position or power, or money should set anyone aside from anyone else when it comes to customer service, anywhere, everyone should be treated equally. Unless it is an emergency, I agree it is absolutely rude to be on the phone when interacting with another human being.
  • HouseWolf1960
    Options
    I think it's rude when a drive thru has a sign asking you to end all cell phone calls before you reach the window. And then you get to the window and the clerk is taking orders over their headset from people behind you the whole time they are taking your money and giving you your food.
    dumbest post of the day goes to ^^

I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't realize that was you wearing the headset. Probably think it makes you look cool. Next time how about stop talking and get my order and my change right. Do a good job and they might promote you to fry cook.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    So much passion in this thread.
  • rml_16
    Options

Has sarcasm and joking always been this lost on people or is this a new phenomenon?
    Eh. Even the best of us are slow on the uptake sometimes.

But I could have said that to a lot of very serious people here.

Plus, I'm old. It was only 99 cents a minute in my day.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    someone speaking on the phone whilst driving, beau I'd report your backside to the police AFTER I cuss you down and give you some evils on the road !! ANYONE on the phone whilst driving shouldn't be allowed on the road and I'd happily get you to pull over so I can give you a real good lecture on road safety and law !

And then we would be hearing another "tragic" story about a person gunned down for road rage.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I think it's rude when a drive thru has a sign asking you to end all cell phone calls before you reach the window. And then you get to the window and the clerk is taking orders over their headset from people behind you the whole time they are taking your money and giving you your food.
    dumbest post of the day goes to ^^

LOL
This discussion has been closed.