Customer On Mobile Refused Service

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Proper manners, more and more people seem to be lacking it.

DING DING.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I think it's rude when a drive thru has a sign asking you to end all cell phone calls before you reach the window. And then you get to the window and the clerk is taking orders over their headset from people behind you the whole time they are taking your money and giving you your food.
    dumbest post of the day goes to ^^

I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't realize that was you wearing the headset. Probably think it makes you look cool. Next time how about stop talking and get my order and my change right. Do a good job and they might promote you to fry cook.

I love it when people talk down to me because I work in retail. I always make sure to mention to those people (like the dude who was genuinely shocked I could multiply 750x2 in my head, and omg! I knew that was 1.5 liters!!! Gasp!) how I have to go home and write a paper for grad. school, or find a way to work in that I have three undergrad degrees and just wanted a part-time job for the time being. Never underestimate the person behind the register. Like me, they may be educating your kids someday...
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My favorite tactic is to honk loudly at a red light when I see someone playing with their phone. The dummies hit the gas without a thought and lurch forward! LOL

I was with you up to this. I will play with my phone at a red light, but not while moving and I keep an eye on the light. What you do is a really good way to get someone killed. It won't be so funny then, will it?

Some ignorant clown killing themselves due to their own irresponsible and inconsiderate behavior is no loss to me. I consider it just doing my part in cleaning up the gene pool.

It's obvious that the idea of personal accountability is a foreign concept for you, eh?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Like me, they may be educating your kids someday...

Or being promoted to fry cook and adding a little special sauce to your burger! :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    My favorite tactic is to honk loudly at a red light when I see someone playing with their phone. The dummies hit the gas without a thought and lurch forward! LOL

I was with you up to this. I will play with my phone at a red light, but not while moving and I keep an eye on the light. What you do is a really good way to get someone killed. It won't be so funny then, will it?

Some ignorant clown killing themselves due to their own irresponsible and inconsiderate behavior is no loss to me. I consider it just doing my part in cleaning up the gene pool.

It's obvious that the idea of personal accountability is a foreign concept for you, eh?

you dont care if you get someone killed?

its going to be funny when you pull your trick on the wrong person and they get out of their car and come at you.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Like me, they may be educating your kids someday...

Or being promoted to fry cook and adding a little special sauce to your burger! :)

Haha or that :P The store where I work does the liquor orders for over 90% of the restaurants and bars in town. We know who the @sshole bartenders and managers are, and make it a point to not eat/drink at their establishments. We also will tell people to not go there. As a restaurant/bar person, by being rude to liquor store workers in a control state (all liquor stores in VA are state run), you can really hurt your business.
  • bregalad5
    Options

its going to be funny when you pull your trick on the wrong person and they get out of their car and come at you.

Or, if something did happen, and someone noticed how it happened, and you wind up in jail?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    I think it's rude when a drive thru has a sign asking you to end all cell phone calls before you reach the window. And then you get to the window and the clerk is taking orders over their headset from people behind you the whole time they are taking your money and giving you your food.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't realize that was you wearing the headset. Probably think it makes you look cool. Next time how about stop talking and get my order and my change right. Do a good job and they might promote you to fry cook.

Youre off base here. It's part of that person's job responsibilities & I can only wonder how they are able to juggle all the things that they do. Ive never worked fast food or retail, but I go out of my way to extend all the consideration that I can to these working people. They are working hard and pursuing the American dream instead of sitting at home drawing welfare.

Your smug attitude speaks well as to just who you are.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

Youre changing what I said because you cant come up with an effective argument against what I really said. I havent done anything to get some dummy killed. It's obvious that you text and drive. Hopefully one day you will get to experience the full impact of the "Phantom Horn Honker"

BTW I am capable of handling the situation for anyone who wants to come at me.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

Or, if something did happen, and someone noticed how it happened, and you wind up in jail?

What an wild imagination.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Youre changing what I said because you cant come up with an effective argument against what I really said. I havent done anything to get some dummy killed. It's obvious that you text and drive. Hopefully one day you will get to experience the full impact of the "Phantom Horn Honker"

what you really said was something like you dont care if your honking causes someone to remove themselves from the gene pool right?

please correct me if im wrong...

and lol look you mr internet tough guy. it must be so awesome to know that you are so tough that there is not one human on this planet that you cant handle.

bravo!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

what you really said was something like you dont care if your honking causes someone to remove themselves from the gene pool right?

and lol look you mr internet tough guy. it must be so awesome to know that you are so tough that there is not one human on this planet that you cant handle.

bravo!

Yawn
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Yawn

i love you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It is part of my job to get at least 80% phone capture, and 50% email capture. If I skip through those steps without asking the customer for them and a manager sees, that's my *kitten*.
    Now this is what I find rude.
    It's not the cashiers fault but it is the fault of the business.
    I hate being asked this question every time I shop.
    If I've said no before I said no. live with it.
    The cashiers unfortunately have to live with being told to be rude to customers this way
    They should talk to the union.
    Some cashiers in Australia have managed to get the upsell and intrusive details type questions stopped thru negotiations.

To be honest I totally agree. Do you really think I like hounding people for their freakin phone and email? If there's no manager around, I simply say "Feel like giving phone and email for coupons and promotions?" usually followed by a "Sure, it's..." or "No, thanks." At which point I skip it and give them the receipt. But because customers are apparently just letters and numbers, and employees are percentages, when there is a manager I'm forced into my spiel about "Oh, are you sure? We don't sell your information, we'll never call you, it's for demographic purposes blah blah blah" I hate even listening to myself saying it O.o It's really the only part of my job I dislike. I don't think it's really that rude when there aren't any managers around though. Just a simple Sure or No, thanks and I skip through it. and we're done.

ETA: Did I mention that I'm also required not to actually ask, but to make it a statement? "Phone number, please." "Email, please." Again...these are things I only do when there's no manager.

So as the customer, what is our appropriate shut all that down response in front of the manager that will put a stop to it, but not make us seem douchey? What can we say to get us both off the hook you as the cashier and me as the customer. What can I say in response that will not get you in trouble, not make me look like a betch and end it? In front of the manager.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm paying my 5.99 a minute, I'm not hanging up for some cashier

This a collect call from jail?
  • moosegt35
    Options

you aren't a good troll. Those people are doing their job and they have to take other people's order as well as yours. You are just getting fatter by eating McDonald's so you can spare a minute with your precious phone to order your food.
  • moosegt35
    Options

You can't go to jail for beeping your horn at someone. Do you people think before you post?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I've been a cashier for 2 years and I find I don't really care if someone is on the phone.

I'm sure more than half the time, the person is the one being called rather than the other way around. And it could be important at the time. Just as long as they don't waste time and completely ignore you, I don't mind it. I could use the quiet time.... talking for 6 hours straight can make your mouth quite dry

Thank you this was all I was trying to say. I'm usually NOT on my phone at the register, but if one day I am the people at the places I shop are understanding and don't make a big issue out of it. And even though I'm not on the phone most of the time, I venture to guess the clientele they deal with are lot's of the time, and yet they don't take it as a personal insult. They are just kind and understanding. Don't understand why my hypothetical example of one day I MIGHT need to be on my phone and would hope it was met with understanding was so twisted out of shape to make me a "peon" stepper onner?
  • moosegt35
    Options

bravo!

This is a pretty dumb statement. You obviously text while driving as much as you are defending it. If him honking a horn causes someone to blow through an intersection because they were on their phone, guess what, it's still their fault for being on the phone to begin with, which is illegal, unlike honking a horn. And of someone wants to get out of their car and "come at me" that would be fine. I have a CCDW and your car is considered a place of dwelling when you are in it so I will let you figure out why that would be a mistake. I am assuming the other poster meant the same thing, not that he is some tough guy who can fight off anyone on earth.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It is part of my job to get at least 80% phone capture, and 50% email capture. If I skip through those steps without asking the customer for them and a manager sees, that's my *kitten*.
    Now this is what I find rude.
    It's not the cashiers fault but it is the fault of the business.
    I hate being asked this question every time I shop.
    If I've said no before I said no. live with it.
    The cashiers unfortunately have to live with being told to be rude to customers this way
    They should talk to the union.
    Some cashiers in Australia have managed to get the upsell and intrusive details type questions stopped thru negotiations.

To be honest I totally agree. Do you really think I like hounding people for their freakin phone and email? If there's no manager around, I simply say "Feel like giving phone and email for coupons and promotions?" usually followed by a "Sure, it's..." or "No, thanks." At which point I skip it and give them the receipt. But because customers are apparently just letters and numbers, and employees are percentages, when there is a manager I'm forced into my spiel about "Oh, are you sure? We don't sell your information, we'll never call you, it's for demographic purposes blah blah blah" I hate even listening to myself saying it O.o It's really the only part of my job I dislike. I don't think it's really that rude when there aren't any managers around though. Just a simple Sure or No, thanks and I skip through it. and we're done.

ETA: Did I mention that I'm also required not to actually ask, but to make it a statement? "Phone number, please." "Email, please." Again...these are things I only do when there's a manager.

So as the customer, what is our appropriate shut all that down response in front of the manager that will put a stop to it, but not make us seem douchey? What can we say to get us both off the hook you as the cashier and me as the customer. What can I say in response that will not get you in trouble, not make me look like a betch and end it? In front of the manager.

I wish I knew! Most people aren't rude about it, I think they "get it". They just give me another "No, thank you." and I move on. I have to ask twice, but I'm not gonna beg you for it. Of course I always try to adapt to the customer. If they are very firm in their first response or seem in a hurry, or both, I usually skip it without pressing it further.
This discussion has been closed.