If EVER you run or walk, please read

Options
13»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Does the app sync data from Fitbit?

I don't want to have to run the Charity Miles app while I'm running the Fitbit app on iPhone.
  • mollylayton
    mollylayton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! If it's available for my phone, I'll download it.
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    If you run or walk, even infrequently, and you bring your phone with you please consider downloading the Charity Miles app.

Every time you workout, you select a charity. The app matches you with a corporate sponsor like Johnson & Johnson or Timex and these companies donate to the charity based on how much mileage you cover when the app GPS tracks your activity.

I don't live in the US but I still get to pick a charity that means something to me based on its mission. Many of them have a global reach too.

Last week I raised nearly $10 just by moving my *kitten*. That is $520 annual to my charity - another good reason to pound the pavement.

Please consider getting this fabulous app and helping others while you help your body!

Love,

Liv

(P.S I always run for the Michael J Fox Foundation as Parkinson's is on both sides of my family and would love it if you'd occasional choose them)

Sweet! I think I will! :)
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    PTSDUK wrote: »
    sitting in bed downloading. i assume this will benefit UK charities as well?

Unfortunately not but I choose global charities to balance that out
    Orphia wrote: »
    Does the app sync data from Fitbit?

I don't want to have to run the Charity Miles app while I'm running the Fitbit app on iPhone.

I didn't see anything about it on their website but I don't have a FitBit so I wouldn't have really been looking. I run it at the same time as NikeRunning, C210K app by ZenLabs and my music but don't have any performance issues if that is your concern?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Francl27 wrote: »
    Does it work on a stationary bike?

I'm now really sad I didn't learn from this 3 years ago :(

According to the website yes but I don't know how that works. It is www.charitymiles.org if you want to check it out!