How old were you when you first shot a gun...

Options

Replies

• sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think 11 it was some kind of riffle.... What I remember from the experience 1)that gun was to big for me 2)my shoulder hurt a lot 3) I'm a god awful shot
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was 19. 9mm Beretta. Actual pic of my first shot :heart: jnzqq8oyww8k.jpeg
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    i was around 20, glad i began young enough to not have others put "ridiculous " ideas in my head.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have never shot a gun.
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Never... and hopefully never. :|
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    My late 20s at a shooting range...where we quickly learned if I have to shoot someone, everything that's not the target will get hurt the most. :)
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Still haven't
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    11. Was left unsupervised for a moment during and managed to smack my forehead with the scope on the recoil. Giant goose egg, lol. I don't remember what kind it was, though. Not very high power.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had my first shotgun in 1st grade (20ga), so whatever that age is.
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    My dad used to always take me hunting and I was around 8 when he let me shoot his shotgun. I remember the bruise it left on my shoulder, but I also remember how proud my dad was because my cousin was scared to shoot and he was a boy.
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    Shyness40 wrote: »
    My dad used to always take me hunting and I was around 8 when he let me shoot his shotgun. I remember the bruise it left on my shoulder, but I also remember how proud my dad was because my cousin was scared to shoot and he was a boy.

Good for your Dad! I had both of my girls shooting around that time.

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Never. I think it'd be cool to go to a shooting range sometime but I don't want to ever own or shoot a gun in real life.
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options

I grew up around guns because of my dad and now I love shooting mostly handguns. I'm glad my dad took the time to teach me. I like knowing I can defend myself if necessary.
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I don't know how young I was, but my granddad took me plinking with his .22. around 8-10 i want to say.

For those that haven't and say they never will, why?
  • Malenurse51
    Options

I grew up around guns because of my dad and now I love shooting mostly handguns. I'm glad my dad took the time to teach me. I like knowing I can defend myself if necessary.

I made sure that both of my girls were comfortable around guns. I've always stored them safely but it's a comfort to know that they both grew up knowing that they weren't toys, but tools. I just bought my wife a new handgun and she's bugging me to go to the shooting range.
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    At age 21, a friend of mine thought it'd be a good idea to take me to a range to try out his S&W Model 500 revolver. A .500 S&W in the hands of a new shooter. What a dick.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hm. Maybe age 8. Shotgun.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    20....it was an AR-15...yea I had a crazy boyfriend lol Looking to buy a Glock 19 soon.....my weapons certification (Glock, AR, and Shotgun) runs out in May..will it be harder to get a permit after that? Answers please if anyone knows
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    23 or so...shot a .308 and got a 8 point buck