Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Share your Go-to food or technique when you want to eat the whole kitchen...:)

Options
1235»

Replies

• Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I keep a tub of roasted red peppers (or orange or yellow) in the fridge for times when I get a craving. I roast them inthe oven on Sunday with a little olive oil drizzled on top and I'm set for the week- great in omlettes too.

Another craving killer- a bit of fresh mozzarella and basil atop a Triscuit- sometimes with a thin tomato slice- drizzle a balsamic glaze on top and devour. It's not that low cal but it beats pizza or chips.

Love peoples ideas!

Thanks!
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    DeadLift5 wrote: »
    Apple slices with a tbsp of natty peanut butter and alot of water is effective for me. And I can turn into quite the cookie monster....and by cookie I actually mean all food within the universe.

Thanks, love peanut butter too. I have to watch it sometimes.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Tea/coffee.

I usually get that munchy feeling at work when I haven't been away from my desk for a while, so sometimes a lap round the building sorts me out.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Gerber baby puffs. The vanilla ones are my favorite. You get 60 puffs for 25 calories. And if you eat the whole container, it's only 150 calories. I get that 'stuff my face feeling' without all the calories. For the past 6 months I've been eating horribly at night (500 to 100 calories just at night) and I've put on 25 pounds. So the puffs are really helping so I don't eat the whole kitchen.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth. Having my mouth all minty and fresh kills any desire to eat something.
  • clhoward6
    clhoward6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I make a hot drink and watch something engrossing on TV, or if I've caught up on everything I will get out a film I love and watch that. It takes my mind off food. It won't work for those who are used to munching while watching TV.
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    I love these ideas Thanks! :)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Options- hot chocolate drink for 40 cals. Delicious! Otherwise a couple of squares of dark chocolate if I really need the choccie hit. If it's something savoury I'm craving I find it harder but will sometimes have one piece of toast!
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    carrots! I get so damn board eating them that I find I dont want much else
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    carrots! I get so damn board eating them that I find I dont want much else

Haha! Good point
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A jello sundae. Sugar free jello, banana slices and 4 TBSPS of sugar free cool whip....so good! Pineapple chunks too if I have enough calories. :p
  • justjennnnn
    justjennnnn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely popcorn and rice cakes! It's all about the act of chewing!
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options

momo_t90 wrote: »
    momo_t90 wrote: »
    What if you've got a serious sweet tooth? Right now I want chocolate chip cookies so bad, I could hop into my car and go to the grocery store and it's 10:40pm. It's like nothing else will do. I need chocolate!

OK I've got you...I used to make, and I'll be doing it again...chocolate almond milk chia seed pudding. Literally soak a few Tbs of chia seeds in a cup of chocolate almond milk for a couple hours and enjoy....all protein, bit of carbs and 100 calories but so much better than a pig out chocolate fest! Try it and let me know....oh! And you will be So full!:)

Thanks! I'll definitely try this!

Slight variation. Use regular almond milk with 1 tbsp cashews/ almonds and a tsp coconut sugar and spronkled cinammon and cardamom
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    Some snacks my husband and/or I have in the evening include -

- Greek yogurt of some kind (100-200 calories)
    - half an Apple each with 1 oz good cheese (160 calories)
    - cut up red bell pepper or a handful of mini sweet peppers (50 calories)
    - small amount of dark chocolate (80 calories)
    - piece of fruit like mango, peach, plum, nectarines, orange etc (60-120 calories)
    - hard boiled egg (70 calories)
    - ONE homemade cookie, scone, muffin etc (120-180 calories)
    - deli turkey with a slice of cheese (150 calories)
    - hot tea! Throughout the day for me :)

These are all great ideas! I miss mango, thanks a bunch